Rough draft of an idea

Well I was thinking it would be great if all "scrim" clans could split up, and maybe only have 10-15 members per team(maybe even 7-10, 5-7) This would let the community expand, and the talent base would rise extremely I assume as people would get affiliated with only the 10 or so other people they have in their clan.

To expand on this I thinking we could have a system(somewhat like Soldier Front's, although I'm not completely sure how it works) where we would have a channel limited to "scrim" clans. Where the only way you could play in this top scrim channel is to get vouched by another "scrim" clan.

I'll have to look more into it and revise my idea for sure, but as for now are there any people who actually like the idea?

Comments

• I think that also would make the clans really unactive :o
  • OzoneFire1 wrote: »
    I think that also would make the clans really unactive :o

Well, thats the thing I was thinking of too, that's why people would have to use a bit of common sense and try to find people who are in the same timezone as them and are decently active as well. Again.. the clans could be around 7-15 people. Just right now we have so many clans that have 20-30 people in them.
  • Trio: 31 people
    TeamHighFive: 26 people
    Devious: 19 people
    Paradox: 16 people
    Alot of good clans that have extra people they don't really need. Theres many more as well.
  • But even if they live in the same time zones, every single member has difernet activities during the day, i say its ok to have 20- otherwise u would only see 3v3s in Beta.
    But even if they live in the same time zones, every single member has difernet activities during the day, i say its ok to have 20- otherwise u would only see 3v3s in Beta.

Possibly your right, I guess we just need a more active community and a larger base of people who play actively.
  • ibeasts wrote: »
    Possibly your right, I guess we just need a more active community and a larger base of people who play actively.

I second that.
    I second that.

Honestly, maybe I just haven't noticed it.. but WOGL didn't really seem to bring that many new comers to CF..
    Honestly, maybe I just haven't noticed it.. but WOGL didn't really seem to bring that many new comers to CF..

We will get them as soon as some major issues are fixed, like the registry the ping spikes and the way the replays are .
  • Lols , DeVious has 19 people because we accepted Trio's alt to scrim with us & HF ..other than that , its really only me Chrissay , Zooted & Metsu , but yeah we are rl friends , and we do not go our seperate way =p ,if your idea actually works then WOGL's cash tournament would actually work because we won't know who will win / lose , i admit the teams are stacked tho.
  • What you are asking is to split friends up into different clans? With 31 members, Trio hardly scrims as it is.

This idea has been addressed in a few games i've played and in all them the idea isn't good.

First you are looking at trying to expand the competitive game, but you can't really define 'competitive' in this game.

Next, in order to increase the number of these 'competitive' clans you need an increase in new players.

Even if every player from the clans were active, it would be a short-term fix instead of a long term self replicating system.

A better idea would be for some of the better clans to pick up 2-3 players and teach them and have them scrim. Those newer players then break off and form their own clans where they can teach people.

The problem has an always will be the lack of players wanting to play in a relatively competitive way... and be good while doing it.
    Well I was thinking it would be great if all "scrim" clans could split up, and maybe only have 10-15 members per team(maybe even 7-10, 5-7) This would let the community expand, and the talent base would rise extremely I assume as people would get affiliated with only the 10 or so other people they have in their clan.

To expand on this I thinking we could have a system(somewhat like Soldier Front's, although I'm not completely sure how it works) where we would have a channel limited to "scrim" clans. Where the only way you could play in this top scrim channel is to get vouched by another "scrim" clan.

I'll have to look more into it and revise my idea for sure, but as for now are there any people who actually like the idea?

Hello,

I would strongly advise you to look at what your saying again. You are asking teams to throw away their friends as if they were nothing at all. I will only be using Klan Kaos as an example because it is what I can speak of. Although I am sure other clans are in similar positions.

First of all, we are unique very few people can stand us. Ranging from Budd/bni referring to us as azn teenie fags. Or various other individuals in the CF community complaining how we never scrim or have a tendency to ignore the other teams requests (let be real, we are not here to hold hands and make world peace) and so forth.

Therefore those who can put up with us, and who we can put up with are quite valuable. Outside of the WOGL group, which currently consists of Dweez, LJ, WoTip, Amoled, and ReckoninGx along with BamF and Blasian. We also have quite a few other members as can be seen by our total # of members (21). Apex has been with Dweez, WoTip, and Amoled since the start of Replay which would turn into 2K. Sneeze is an outstanding player and played with me for quite a while in Serenity therefore I am happy to have him in the same clan as long as he wishes. Beef allowed us to use the Marvel ventrilo server as well he was also in Replay. Jmar is a friend of Jake and also quite good at FPS games he is also allowed to stay as along as he wishes. Slant along with Mack are two pick ups we managed to pull from some where ;) so far it seems they will be tagging along. The rest is primarily made up of alternate accounts and European players who we have played with in the past.

More or less I see no reason to remove anyone from 2K. I am certain other clans are the same. If you have chemistry with players then keep them, hold on to them because its a rare thing to find.

Simply because you cannot break into a top list does not mean CF requires more competition. I mean before it was a two team game, no other team could hope to top A51/Redemption or X2. Now there are quite a few teams that could push for the top spot.
  • Cypherrrr wrote: »
    The rest is primarily made up of alternate accounts and European players who we have played with in the past.

Wow cypher. I'm not even on your list. How does that make me feel?
  • I'm not just a "european player" Cypher, gg...
  • I'm not sure about splitting up a clan but you could create a "Team A" within the clan for the top say 7 players (5 Starters and 2 Subs). Then there could be a "Team B" with the next top 7 and so on. They could play together with each other within the clan and use different vent channels and stuff. I'm not sure but it's just a suggestion.
    Hello,

I would strongly advise you to look at what your saying again. You are asking teams to throw away their friends as if they were nothing at all. I will only be using Klan Kaos as an example because it is what I can speak of. Although I am sure other clans are in similar positions.

First of all, we are unique very few people can stand us. Ranging from Budd/bni referring to us as azn teenie fags. Or various other individuals in the CF community complaining how we never scrim or have a tendency to ignore the other teams requests (let be real, we are not here to hold hands and make world peace) and so forth.

Therefore those who can put up with us, and who we can put up with are quite valuable. Outside of the WOGL group, which currently consists of Dweez, LJ, WoTip, Amoled, and ReckoninGx along with BamF and Blasian. We also have quite a few other members as can be seen by our total # of members (21). Apex has been with Dweez, WoTip, and Amoled since the start of Replay which would turn into 2K. Sneeze is an outstanding player and played with me for quite a while in Serenity therefore I am happy to have him in the same clan as long as he wishes. Beef allowed us to use the Marvel ventrilo server as well he was also in Replay. Jmar is a friend of Jake and also quite good at FPS games he is also allowed to stay as along as he wishes. Slant along with Mack are two pick ups we managed to pull from some where ;) so far it seems they will be tagging along. The rest is primarily made up of alternate accounts and European players who we have played with in the past.

More or less I see no reason to remove anyone from 2K. I am certain other clans are the same. If you have chemistry with players then keep them, hold on to them because its a rare thing to find.

Simply because you cannot break into a top list does not mean CF requires more competition. I mean before it was a two team game, no other team could hope to top A51/Redemption or X2. Now there are quite a few teams that could push for the top spot.

For sure, I realize I'm asking people to throw away some friends.. but you even split your clan into another clan, say your clan has a A team and B team. Get the A or B team to split off and make their own clan. Use the same vent. All is good.Another thing is what Kahlan said. It would be great if people took the initiative to recruit some decent people and taught them how to play like a pro.
    For sure, I realize I'm asking people to throw away some friends.. but you even split your clan into another clan, say your clan has a A team and B team. Get the A or B team to split off and make their own clan. Use the same vent. All is good.Another thing is what Kahlan said. It would be great if people took the initiative to recruit some decent people and taught them how to play like a pro.
    thats a terrid idea. what r u gonna do while u wait 4 people to get on or u need 1 guy to scrim and cant because ur short 1. its easier to pick 1 up from other team in clan and ring. someone u know u like and is already part of the clan. u cant go into beta and **** newbs with shotguns if u dont have enough clan mates. who wants to accept and delete guys every 5 mins. problem is people who r fringe players and bench players r to scared to make a second team. wah i dont want to be part of a "B" team. theyre so sad that they know they cant compete so theyd rather ride the bench. if u think u cant beat other teams in a video game u should just quit. being part of Kaos B team i never thought that the "A" team would just roll us i would say they have more talent. but it doesnt mean they play together as well. SO BENCH WARMERS GROW SOME JUEVOS
  • iBeast, I'll use your idea.

Later I will be kicking the following for them to go to a differnt clan or make one.

Lulzwut, rpbigL, 15, itwasluck, wL.
  • Or people could stop being lazy and learn to make strats, play like a team, point and click, make calls, etc by themselves?

Its not the most difficult concept in the world infact most players in Cross Fire can point and click well enough. The problem is they bait, they do not know how to take angles, they do not know how to rotate, they do not know how to make calls, they do not understand anything about map control, etc.
    thats a terrid idea. what r u gonna do while u wait 4 people to get on or u need 1 guy to scrim and cant because ur short 1.
    being part of Kaos B team i never thought that the "A" team would just roll us i would say they have more talent. but it doesnt mean they play together as well. SO BENCH WARMERS GROW SOME JUEVOS
    More or less... although Klan Kaos may be an unique case considering Team A is more like Team Ramboletsseehowfarwego.
  • Cool idea I just really doubt it would work....

Hey whats competition without some baddies?

That's why there are bad clans and good clans. So good clans can practice on the bad ones.

With WOGL you can have more than one team.

Look at bracket Trio.

Trio
    Triosb
    Triolaji
  • Kahlann wrote: »
    With WOGL you can have more than one team.

Look at bracket Trio.

Trio
    Triosb
    Triolaji

I know you can, I'm saying you could split the teams into clans so crossfire has a wider base of skilled clans to face in just regular beta(or echo)
    thats a terrid idea. what r u gonna do while u wait 4 people to get on or u need 1 guy to scrim and cant because ur short 1. its easier to pick 1 up from other team in clan and ring. someone u know u like and is already part of the clan. u cant go into beta and **** newbs with shotguns if u dont have enough clan mates. who wants to accept and delete guys every 5 mins. problem is people who r fringe players and bench players r to scared to make a second team. wah i dont want to be part of a "B" team. theyre so sad that they know they cant compete so theyd rather ride the bench. if u think u cant beat other teams in a video game u should just quit. being part of Kaos B team i never thought that the "A" team would just roll us i would say they have more talent. but it doesnt mean they play together as well. SO BENCH WARMERS GROW SOME JUEVOS

Read what I said please, you would have to set it up with people around your timezone, and again 10-15 people clans.. I think if everyone in the clan is around the same timezone there won't be many occasions where people aren't on.

Again like I said, Bteams in clans should leave and form there own clans.
    Hello,

Dude when u post u got to really stop writing essays, nobody reads them .