What's up with Islamophobia and what are the GMs doing about it?

Look at this. I've been met with these unwarranted harassment because I beat someone easily.

Comments

• the term islamphobia is generally used during political stances. at this point, the person doesn't know any better except to insult you. I know it may seem like a hard thing to do but you have to ignore them. i've been in your shoes before. people insult you and they just say the nastiest things. give them a blow in the face by turning around and say "haha thank you" then you can send them for holiday
  • This can be reported and the person will receive a temporary ban duration of which depends on if it's their first offense and how bad it was. Send a ticket under 'violation report' with the full screenshot, screenshot will need to be in a ZIP file. If you send it tonight/tomorrow it'll be likely monday before they see since the GMs and Support team don't work weekends of course.

EDIT: This goes both way too I might add....questionable insults/offensive slurs/and so on can get you into trouble as well if reported. So best keep that in mind as well when having colorful chats with people like this.
  • Why do you play on NA or EU server when you have a MENA one? People dislike [I'll just call the majority of middle east Arabs because it's easy to understand and I don't want to count all nationalities from that region like Egypt, Syria and so on] because Arabs always have a bad ping and therefor lag more, they ignore teamplay for most of the time because I feel like the majority just does not speak English. People disliked them on EU because a vast majority of Arab players used to cheat since the majority of cheats were coming from that part.
    There is also that real world political and religion BS, but it should be ignored in the game.

Tl;dr: MENA players ignore MENA server and lag on EU with 0 communication cause a lot can't speak english.
  • This may just be a person who doesn't know any better, and sadly, you can't do anything about his personal standpoint. But I think the reason why many players don't like players from the Middle East is because of the high ping and lack of English. It happens so often that I get messages in Arabic or players don't respond to messages about strategies or clues given to him/her about enemy players, this causes frustration. However, this is in no way a reason to be racist and I do think that these people as OP showed need to get banned (just send a support ticket).
  • This may just be a person who doesn't know any better, and sadly, you can't do anything about his personal standpoint. But I think the reason why many players don't like players from the Middle East is because of the high ping and lack of English. It happens so often that I get messages in Arabic or players don't respond to messages about strategies or clues given to him/her about enemy players, this causes frustration. However, this is in no way a reason to be racist and I do think that these people as OP showed need to get banned (just send a support ticket).

Z8 just introduces region locks and all Arabics are forced to play on MENA. And not lagging on EU/NA and everyone would be happy. I guess. The game is awfully ruined by Arabic region players. In normal mode their ping lets them kill you behind corners. Melee only is impossible. HMX makes them have 0 knockback cause your shots and their knockback do not align due to lag.
    I mean, the game is ruined by any region with bad ping, but arabic is the biggest group on EU. Russians have their own CF, so do Asians. In NA Middle Americans have their own CF.
  • MENA is still in test phase and often crashes, thereby people from this region decide to keep playing on EU.
  • Utmost wrote: »
    MENA is still in test phase and often crashes, thereby people from this region decide to keep playing on EU.
    You do realize them not playing there also means 2 things:
    a) Z8 not having a stress test knowing how much the server can handle
    b) them probably removing them since their data shows noone plays there
    I am still full on a region lock in this game. It works for other CFs. You can't play CFRU without a mobile number and a mail.ru email. You can't play one of the Asian ones without a proxy.
  • You can't play CFRU without a mobile number and a mail.ru email. You can't play one of the Asian ones without a proxy.

Well, actually you can do cause there is option to create mail within three clicks and there is option to make an account without the phone filling the captcha.

About the MC - well, that is unavoidable whatever you see. IT IS really irritating when you playing game and some strange players playing their game by their own rules that comming across mode rules. And there is no way to explain them what everyone is expecting from them. But after them ****ing you off actually YOU get banned, not them.

I propose to ban chat if someone talking not with the server default language. Wanna have conversation? Wisper or go to your own server.
  • As mentioned, report this via ticket. We do not allow discrimination of any kind, and do not allow racial, religious, etc insults of any kind. They can and will receive bans for such things. Thanks!
  • keixrome wrote: »

Well, actually you can do cause there is option to create mail within three clicks and there is option to make an account without the phone filling the captcha.

About the MC - well, that is unavoidable whatever you see. IT IS really irritating when you playing game and some strange players playing their game by their own rules that comming across mode rules. And there is no way to explain them what everyone is expecting from them. But after them ****ing you off actually YOU get banned, not them.

I propose to ban chat if someone talking not with the server default language. Wanna have conversation? Wisper or go to your own server.

They got rid of it for non Russians. Only mobile verification.

• They got rid of it for non Russians. Only mobile verification.

Well, that's good, cause I wont recommend to play there :D
  • You do realize them not playing there also means 2 things:
    a) Z8 not having a stress test knowing how much the server can handle
    b) them probably removing them since their data shows noone plays there
    I am still full on a region lock in this game. It works for other CFs. You can't play CFRU without a mobile number and a mail.ru email. You can't play one of the Asian ones without a proxy.

Don't forget West is dominated by Middle Eastern players currently. When the MENA servers work properly you'll probably see half full EU/NA servers.

This thread started as a message against Islamophobia in West. Let's stick to it. If you want to discuss a region block for ME players, make a new thread or search for one of many that have already been created regarding it.
  • Utmost wrote: »
    This thread started as a message against Islamophobia in West. Let's stick to it.

Sure. As a HMX player what shall I do when some dude starting playing their small own game like crouching, blocking the ways, playing pacifist and spamming some uncomprehendable messages into the chat?

For a long time I was playing on another server, that had a rule about "disturbing the players" means if some player started making all the players in the room feeling uncomfortable (not as killing everyone with TMP or something but like making impossible to have a conversation with him and doing illogical things) that player got banned. And I think that is justified - if you decided to join players, you shall follow the rules they do. Wanna have your own small community - make it that way to not bothering others.

For now I'm not seeing another way to have a conversation with that kind of players and forced to play in a dirty way to force some aggressive 'teammates' out of the room.