Is Quadro P5000 good enough for high-end game?

I have a spare P5000 for my work-PC just in case something happen (my work-pc runs 16 hours/day everyday so I have a spare part for every component LOL)

Now it seems that the game I'm downloading is quite mordernized so I don't think my gaming-pc can handle it (GPU = GTX 870 or something)

So I'm thinking of replacing the GTX with the P5000 but not even sure if the P5000 can game.

Changing the GPU is quite a drag so I kind of need certainty before changing it.

Help if you can . Thanks!

Comments

• Hardboiled wrote: »
    I have a spare P5000 for my work-PC just in case something happen (my work-pc runs 16 hours/day everyday so I have a spare part for every component LOL)

Now it seems that the game I'm downloading is quite mordernized so I don't think my gaming-pc can handle it (GPU = GTX 870 or something)

So I'm thinking of replacing the GTX with the P5000 but not even sure if the P5000 can game.

Changing the GPU is quite a drag so I kind of need certainty before changing it.

Help if you can . Thanks!

Looking at the stats for the P5000, says it will play most games super good, you can alway's google it. It seem to work good at benchmark tests. If you are still unsure, google gaming requirements and pick any of the sites and fill in game name and computer specs, i always do that before testing a new game. What's hard with changing a graphic card? Mostly just one screw to unscrew and one cable to pull out, then just lift up the card. Or do you have some kind of special case that's hard to get into?.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »

Looking at the stats for the P5000, says it will play most games super good, you can alway's google it. It seem to work good at benchmark tests. If you are still unsure, google gaming requirements and pick any of the sites and fill in game name and computer specs, i always do that before testing a new game. What's hard with changing a graphic card? Mostly just one screw to unscrew and one cable to pull out, then just lift up the card. Or do you have some kind of special case that's hard to get into?.

People say the Quadro is not optimised for gaming, unlike GTX graphic cards.

I tried it anyway cos the Quadro's stats is very good, but it didn't work well. I only manage to get 35-40 FPS with it.

I guess you need a high-end GTX for high-end games.
  • Hardboiled wrote: »

People say the Quadro is not optimised for gaming, unlike GTX graphic cards.

I tried it anyway cos the Quadro's stats is very good, but it didn't work well. I only manage to get 35-40 FPS with it.

I guess you need a high-end GTX for high-end games.

Also it depends, how much you turn up the graphics for a game, you can usually get pretty good fps flow, if you just turn down shadows and stuff like that. Even if you want to play a game with ultra graphics, you seldom need everything at ultra high to get a great looking game. With those stats, i would also have tried, even though it's not optimized for gaming.

Some games are also badly optimized, it is not a thing that only happens to small developer companies. I remember when the first Crysis came out a decade ago, i had a super computer, the best parts for gaming that i could find on the net. I could run Crysis on Medium without problems, any higher and the game acted like my computer was from the 80s. Even the testers from gaming magazines had the same problem. It't took half a year for people to be able to buy PC parts that could max the game out, cause they didn't exist for people to buy yet. One would think that such things would be a thing of the past, but i've only seen it get worse. Today, you should be happy if you can start a brand new game and not have to wait for patch 30000001.2. Doesn't really matter if it's an online or offline game. The game makers from the 90's would spin in their graves, (if they acctually were dead, which most ain't) seeing companies releasing half finished games.
    JackPain (Sweden)