Darkfiro's Mutantion modes guide

This is a guide to help players in Mutantion mode games modes such as M.M, Hero mode, HMX, mutation knight and Ghost vs mutants. If there any questions please post and since I really don't know how to post images I would like someone help on this (either you tell me or post some of the map image so i can give detail explanation of the spot. Thank you.

First thing is first the basic of Mutations modes. Soldier must kill (HS in HM, melee in all other mode but M.M) the mutant while the mutant must infect the soldier Command HQ sent supply in to assist the soldier mostly (in M.K when the soldier become knights they still sent supply but knight cant pick up the supply so in other word they don't like the Knights).

Recommended weapons to use in the game modes:

mutation mode - MG or Shotgun (Mg due to the sheer amount of ammo you can get unto the mutant body however be very careful on reloading) and (shotgun due to it stopping power and it ability to kill mutant easier then any other weapon if you can stay in the shotgun sweet spot range (You standing far enough for the mutant to cant hit you but close enough for all your pellet to hit) again same issue with the mg (unless you clip/mag reload the shotgun) however if the mutant have a reduce knock back item it might be a tad dangerous as he will recover faster then you can but the next shot) (don't have a jackhammer so I cant be sure about the rapid fire shotgun type)

Hero mode : Same as M.M

HMX : Assault rifle and SMG (reason: Due to the lack of Mutant KB (knock back) MG and Shotgun are less recommended but you can still try you will get mutated abit easier though on the reload compare to the reload of the the smg and AR)

mutation knight mode- Same as HMX however Shotgun are more useful here.

Ghosts vs mutants: anything that not a Katana or Bat.

Recommended Mutants for the Maps (all these mutant have been tested without the spike) (I recently played Smoke and found he a rather Slow mutant)

Zone 13 - maiden and Assassin and the jumper mutant (the other female mutant cant remember her name) Reason: The reason for the maiden is due to her ability to passively jump higher than the other mutant (less so with the jumper mutant). Because of this ability it make make some spot that require mutant team work less harder for her not to mention if they are not maiden aware you can get them abit easier at the bus stop. Assassin is more of a hit and miss if you have the maiden it better to use the maiden. Assassin you are the bane of all the camping soldier well as long as they are not jumping, if they are your nades will not affect them much. if well hidden the soldier will not expect your KB nade and that could be devestating toward the soldier side as they will fall from their safe zone(s).

Port- Maiden and the jumper mutant Reason: due to the ability to jump higher with some help from the basic mutant you can actually get to some soldier camp spot easier and from behind (B site) however B site only work if they are not maiden aware or the last man standing. you can use the mutant teamwork trick at A site while some mutant charge via ramp make sure the soldier dont see you though while doing this)

Excavation: Assassin Maiden (jumper) ok from this point forward if you see Maiden also count the other female mutant), Assassin due to it ability to wreck camp spot such as the cage and ruin the parkour of player (if if they are jumping they get stun abit this can mess them up) , Maiden to get those pesky parkouring soldier.

Research facility: Ahh Black list mess up big time here this is ground zero of the mutant outbreak. Assassin and Less so Maidens. The reason is trhere a spot take quick soldier can take it will make the mutant qq kick you if you happen to be the last soldier standing however Femlae mutants can get to that spot with some mutant help then again a well place KB nade from a Assassin against a greedy soldier also work this is one of the few maps were the assassin is the more dangerous mutant.

Mediran( I think that how we spell it) Hero mode exclusive map: Assassin Reason this is one of the few maps where the assassin is better than the maiden there some spot that render the maiden ability useless however a well place Kb nade will ruin a soldier day on thiese spots (I will hope someone will post these spot for me please)

EMD Vault : I guess when GRX destroyed the Lab a group was sent to clean out the vault little did they know that there was still mutant around the area: Maiden and assassin and Havoc reason: this is one of the few maps where the Hero mutant is far better than any mutant. maiden don't really get a advantage unless they use their cloaking ability and assassin KB nade are tad less effective here plus it doesn't really affect airborne target.that much.

Mansion (HMX) Xeno, Assassin and Maiden as player of hero mode x will say Xeno is scary due to the ability to not lose your evolution bar when dying your the best mutant to tank not to mention you can 2 hit a commando or mutate vested players (like myself) in one attack. Assassin nade is good against anyone using the balcony areas but useless in the garage unless said player is greedy, Maiden can reach reach balcony soldier but only if the glass is broken otherwise you will have a better chance to mutate player in the garage.

Rooftop (HMX) Maiden Xeno and Assassin Reason:Xeno can tank the damage maiden can jump to that rooftop area (the parkour one) easier and assassin can ruin the day of those camping soldier in the ladder area.

Mall (almost forgot about this map) Maiden and assassin Reason the jumping ability of the maiden and nade of the assassin. Note if a mutant is on display Don't shoot at the glass or the mutant if the glass is not broken it fun to see a trapped mutant)

Cavern ruin: Assassin Maiden this map is more fun due to how balances the place is for mutants every spot can easily be reach by any mutant but I recommand these mutant as they can get to the soldier easier than other mutant.

Carnival (HMX) Maiden assassin and Havoc Reason maiden can easily get to the roof while assassin can bring down unaware player to the ground level and havoc can tank

Resort (HMX) Havoc assassin Due to the way of the map is the maiden cant really get a edge here via jumping (false there is one slide I forgot ) the assassin can knock down soldier on the slide. but all in all it really depend on the mutant player and if havoc is coward or a tanker

Stronghold: Teamwork Reason: altthough the maiden give a advantage toward the soldier on the boxes overall this map is sorta bad for maiden and the assassin doesn't really fare better if the soldier are camp in the second floor in the building. So this map require alot of teamwork for the mutant to win.

Tranquility: Maiden Reason: the only liable spot where the maiden cant hit you is the ladder zone but if that get overrun there will not be a issue anymore.

Desert fort (MK) : Maiden reason: if your up against a maiden about 95-100% of the spots are useless and you can't hide in this mode either (just because it work once doesn't mean it will work again (mutant have xray vision).

Mysterious islands (MK) : Assassin Armored mutant Reason: although the maiden is a great jumper the floating of the maiden jump can mess you up however it does allow you to access the roof quicker than any other male mutant class.

Flooded Area (city) (Ghosts vs Mutants) : Maiden Due to the jumping ability of the maiden you can get to spot very easily compare to other mutant. all in all it really depend on how good your skills are at finding and locate their breath sound as in Ghost mode if there is 3 ghosts in one location you will never be able to located them (hearing wise) (luck wise maybe).

Alright I think I got all the recommended mutant and weapon type out of the way I will about roles the soldier can do and the difference in the mutant class.

Will post later.

Comments

• Soldiers Roles

Ok let's talk about roles you can pick as Soldier these roles will differ based on what mode your playing on.

Mutant hunter: if you pick this role you're likely to use a MG3 or minimi 249 MG in M.M and H.M however as these weapon are quite useless in mode where you have to kill mutant with a melee you might also use a Ak knife variant or a VIP weapon. With this role your more likely to kill mutant however one error on your part and you will become the enemy you hunted down. (Recommend a M.Vest for this role since you will be in the front lines) Added: Your role can became a camper.

The Sniper: Your role is to sniped mutant at a distance or with a OP VIP M82. Since your mobility suck due to the sniper rifle you will need to camp with the camper otherwise you will be overrun quite easily.

The Camper: You protect a area prefer with a MG type needless to say but if you fail at your job you camp spot will be overrun (recommend : MG mag with Mutation Mag for more ammo) (this role you can use a Gatling gun) Added: Your role can become a Mutant hunter

The Observer (Ghost) : This role is exclusive to Ghost vs mutant mode. You job is to stay out of the water and Bhop when chases (it work here) The mutant are trying to find and located you, try to observe their movement and predict what they might do this is the difference between life as a human or life as a mutant.

The Tactician (My Role) Usually Armed with a Assault Rifle or SMG, Your role is to observe the mutant and act based on what they are doing you must keep a close eye for different mutant type and check if they have a spike or what not, You can bail on the camper if you think the defence will fall, Use every tool in your arsenal to escape the mutant threat or kill it. Due to how the tactician is your more of a jack of all trades. You will take on all the roles however you will need a scoped weapon to take the role of a Sniper) when trying to escape the mutant threat throw a flashbang in front of you but in a way that you will run over it as soon as it explodes so you will blind the mutant chasing you. While you run to safety to a new camp spot. As your a Jack of all trade you will not have the firepower to Stop the mutant like a camper does and the power of a sniper you will have mobility though so use that to your advantage (warning though mutant will still run faster than you). [recommend: A AR with a Scope attachment (best choice a G11, good choice a M4), Dual pistol variant, a quick melee, all the grenade type and a M.Vest)

The Hopeless: Your role is a victim of the mutation, regardless if you where a Camper or sniper sometime the person beside you turned if your a Mutant hunter you might survive the encounter as a Soldier.

The Blocker: even though you are technically a mutant your helping the soldier with this role you became the soldier bouncer expect to be kicked when playing as this role.

The Ninja: You specialize in Parkour and can escape the mutant with ease with the help of your melee and nades. Your weakness is the Maiden.

Mutant Kill Squad (only modes that doesn't require a melee to kill a mutant perma) This role required 3 MG users you will lockdown a mutant til it dead or til one of his pal rescue him (that the reason for the 3rd guy) Do not try this role if your are way outnumber instead go to a camp spot and become a camper.

The Hero's Squad (HM only) : 1 Hero and 2 MG users. This squad can use more Soldiers but this is the basic of the Hero squad the Hero role is this is to prevent the mutant from getting to close to the squad while the rest is to kill the mutant if done right Soldier win if done wrong Hero mutated.

The Bodyguards (HMX only) this is a end game role that requires 2 or more soldiers to become commando/ranger. if this is done right you will have 1 or 2 commando as bodyguards and a gunner if done prefect the gunner will not need to become a commando/ranger the gunner role is to shoot mutant til they start flashing the commando/ranger role is to kill said mutant.

Mutant roles:

Ok the roles here are for when you play as a Mutant there not alot of roles you can play as Mutant and it almost always require teamwork.

The Liar: Pretend to be a blocker for the soldier and when they let their guard down mutated them. You will be hated by the players doing and might even get votekick but you will gets some laughs.

The Diversion: Be the meatshield easier to do with Xeno/Havoc you try to get the soldier attention while another group of mutant close in on them.

The rusher: Rush to the soldier til you die or til they get mutated not recommend for M.M and H.M.

The tactical Mutant (My role) this role require a Maiden or Assassin (depend on the map (use my recommended mutant list). You job is to make the soldier job of surviving quite hard punish them by using the back route or knock them off of their camp spot with a nade you will almost never lose as mutant.

THat it for the roles next will be tactics.

Peace for now -Darkfiro
  • HMX 2.0 Tip and Trick

As Devil Terminator (refer as DT) : when the mutants launch a attack against a big group of players press you're F key for the Nade and throw it at that Group causing them to think: Should I save my fellow soldier or shoot at the mutants?
    When you have the option to turn into a GDT (Grand Devil Terminator) Don't you're demoting yourself to a "weaker" Version of yourself Ignore this if you think your going to die to a DH (Devil Hunter) as you will get a health increase enough to survive one attack.
    When fighting the DH as a Group use your nades as they will do direct damage 500 pr 1000 (not sure will get some help for this)

As Mutant Infect with no regard to your life until you reach berserker stage then infect with cautions til you reach Titan stage and Spam E before your Dumb Leader DT turn into a GDT.

As the DT and GDT duo: GDT your goal is to charge and melee kill those pesky DH. DT your Goal is to throw dem nades at them and when they charge at you right click to kill them.

As Soldier Help your team when they get hit by the DT nades you will get points (1000 points = 1 kill) and Ammo. Next save your nade when hit by the nade and chase by alot mutant quickly switch to your nade and throw it where you think you will be and then switch to what ever gun you were using to shoot those mutant while you get to your nade location so when it blows up you will save yourself for that one time (this can mean the difference between turning into a mutant or becoming a Devil hunter.
    When being naded by the DT and swarmed by Mutants throw a nade and try to hold off this will save everyone caught in the explosion.

As Devil Hunter Your right click can hit up to 4 times doing 2000 damages each hit for a total of 8000 damages (this will kill Slugs and berserkers class mutant. Slugs are your health kits but do not think they will be easy to kill.
    Becareful of the Devil Duo if they are using my tip you will have to outskill them otherwise YOU ARE DEAD.

still trying to figure out tactics for this guide

hope my guide will help you mortals Demi Fiend Darkfiro out (for now)
  • Mutants Bio Files

Mutant: take reduce KB compare to other mutant have a speed boost as a ability,have a slightly longer reach (not longer then spike), deal 1000 damage with it left click and 1500 with it right click toward Commando,Rangers, Devil Hunters. Even though they are easy to kill they are still dangerous if your not careful.

Dread: have more HP?!? (one time I played as Dread I had 2000 hp instead of 3000) is faster than most mutants, It's Right click is pretty fast compare to most mutants. Deal same damage as Mutant toward the hero char.

Maiden: Have a higher jump (doesn't applied til berserker for Hero mode can cloak slug form can be deceiving at times It's Right click can hit twice but there a delay for the second hit. Deal same damage as Mutant toward the Hero Char.

Smoke: Slowest mutant ever only useful against snipers have the most HP compare to other mutant?!? (not sure never reach Titan with this mutant) Deal same Damage as Mutant but slower toward hero char.

Assassin: Able to punish poorly place campers have a odd attack. one of the fast mutant, have a smaller hitbox?!? (not sure) deal the same Damage as mutant toward Hero char.

Will edit taking a small break.
  • Just some feedback to your guide. If you format your post so it stands out more and looks better e.g. making the headers in bold and larger text, maybe even a different colour.

Overall, a lot of useful information here. Just need to format it right so it's easier for the users to read it and it makes some sections stand out.
  • abel95 wrote: »
    Just some feedback to your guide. If you format your post so it stands out more and looks better e.g. making the headers in bold and larger text, maybe even a different colour.

Overall, a lot of useful information here. Just need to format it right so it's easier for the users to read it and it makes some sections stand out.

Noted will do so after I'm done with the mutant profile and Tactics plus I do need to revamp the Guide abit here and there due to the fact my guide is tad outdated. Plus I'm still not sure if my Tactic should be Map Related or General soldier sided or Mutant sided or all of the above.