40's "How to start a team" Guide V2.

As we all know, reviving old threads is strictly prohibited, so i'll make a new thread about my old subject "How to start a team", update it grammatically a bit. If you need to ask me anything, and I mean "ANYTHING" It'll be my pleasure to answer ^^

Good day ladies and gentlemen, today I'll be proud to educate you about this subject "How to start a team".

First of all, here is the meaning of the word "Team" : small number of people with complementary skills who are committed to a common purpose, performance goals, and approach for which they are mutually accountable.

Q : 40, How do I start my own team?

A : well, first of all you need to achieve these goals (points) in order to create your own team :-

History :-

This is the most important part; get your solid 7 - 9 players together! Its best to know the players beforehand rather than just picking up 7 players from the game. in order to accept a player in your team, you need to try him/her out, you need to know how they play, does he/she plays passive? aggressive? does he/she listens to strats? you also need to try him/her out in a 1v1 so you can determine how they play, sometimes you might lose, but that doesn't mean he/she hacks or better than you, in my opinion, 1v1 only shows the skills/aim of the player, if you want to get more clue about the player, then try him out in a scrim/clan war so you can witness by your own eyes if they do/don't listen to strats and also determine their performance (if they play passive/aggressive ofc.)

Strong friendship :-

Get to know the players in your team, make friendships with them, that's a good point that will lead to a decent common sense within your team. the more you communicate with your teammates, the more they'll respect you and admire you.

Q : 40, we're not skilled enough, what should we do?

A : i suggest you start to do this with your team

Skills :-

Play some inter-clan mini-games. I'm talking about games such as 1 click headshots only on Black Widow; or 5 vs 5 CLAN SERVER scrims. Just mess around with these, have a laugh and try at the same time. keep doing such things and I'm pretty sure your game sense and aiming skills will be upgraded in a small matter of time.

Training sessions :-

Start on Blackwidow or whatever your main map is, and give each person a spot to always have; don't move people around constantly. Give them some space to find their best spot, as this is a good advantage. Secondly, set up partners inside your main s5. usually teamed up at B site. This involves the two players breaking up from the rest of the teams vent room, and practicing their own strats for defending the particular site, that way they both know what each player is doing.

Q : 40, I think my team isn't serious enough, why is this happening?

A : Cause you need to be more strict. and i suggest you do these steps in order to be more serious.

Seriousness :-

Have a full month acting as if every game you play is the ESL finals. 110% or more seriousness, and move on from there to competing in leagues/Pugs/scrims.

Secret Meetings :-

In this step, you need to gather your friends (team) to a secret room in your Vent/TS3/Mumble server. and start discussing about the team, talk about the positive and the negative things withing the team, your point and their point of view, let your team knows what you think about the team so far. I recommend you guys to listen to your team members in order to know how they think about you and the team.

Q : 40, why did you made such thread in the 1st place?

A : Cause teams need to step up and start building a great synergy and stay together more then 2 weeks, stop breaking up and making new clans/team every week. Stop leaving and quitting on your teammates when it gets hard, you have to constantly work on your team issues, not just leave and join a team with a stronger roster and hope it just works out magically the first day. Help this game grow even larger, thou the scene is dead now, I still have faith in this game.

please, I beg you guys, stay and stick together.

Q : 40, do you got anything else to say?

A : Yes indeed, and here are some of the quotes that I keep relying on, "If you want a great TEAM, Be a Great TEAMMATE." also "Teamwork is less EGO and more We Go".

Remember, the meaning of Team is :-

T : Together

E: Everyone

A: Achieves

M : More

Have a nice day.

EDIT : Main reason why am i reviving this thread is because some people out there are lost and wandering what to do in some cases, and in this case "How to start a team"

Comments