Lost Saga and Z8's Associations

(Before reading, I know a website is being created for Lost Saga at the moment, but this thread is to get a general opinion from the game company that has received the rights for Lost Saga. This thread can also be a questioning thread for people who don't own Facebook accounts since they have a group opened for such. Lastly, this is semi-long and I apologize, but this is the shortest amount of text I could do to express my point.)

As of November 20th, WeMadeUSA has announced that they have relinquished their rights over North American Lost Saga (a MMO brawler genre game) to Z8Games. Lost Saga has been with the North American division of WeMadeUSA (they own the Korean Lost Saga in that respected companies branch) for 8 months. Before this, a company called OGPlanet owned the rights for the game for approximately 3 years. This is a brief history of Lost Saga's transition through companies, I could go on for longer about the experiences Lost Saga has had, but then I'd be rambling on.
(Website showing the transfer: http://www.playlostsaga.com/announcement/178.wemade)

The community that has had experience with North American Lost Saga would be in the couple thousands of people to tens of thousands in the better moments. With the transition to WeMadeUSA, the majority of loyal players have left due to complication on the supposed transfer that was going to happen. Throughout WeMadeUSA's ownership of Lost Saga, they have been doing less then reputable decisions on the game that has been dwindling down the community to the sparse numbers it had already. The transition from WeMadeUSA to Z8Games has been a hot topic to the community and has the game in a stir.

This thread is to get Z8Games community to know of the new game that is going to appear since they didn't have nothing announced on the news page on it. It can also be a friendly reminder that the Lost Saga community still has potential to grow, despite being through some tough times. If people want to give comments or questions on the acquisition, transfer, or on Lost Saga in general may do so in this thread.

I'd like to take this time to thank the people who read this in the entirety, by no means am I the most influential writer or player in the community, but I want to change with the new company. If any admins take this down, I had no where else to post this since this was the only off topic area to do so. May the admins also post if I can post links since I want to link the Facebook groups for WeMadeUSA and Z8Games Lost Saga and the most popular fan websites for the game to show how the community is.

Here are the websites that may be looked at to get some reference to the game:
http://www.playlostsaga.com/home.wemade (Current Lost Saga website)
https://www.facebook.com/lostsaga (The current forum/communication within Lost Saga)
http://lostsaga.z8games.com/ (Future website Z8 is making for Lost Saga)
https://www.facebook.com/NALostSaga (Z8 Facebook group relating to Lost Saga)
http://metalbeasts.com/ ( Fan-site ran by HeartCard, currently has the most posts and activity)
http://lsheroes.com/ (Fan-site ran by AlexWolfAV, most developed fan-site from a technical standpoint)
http://thebonozone.com/ (Fan-site ran by TheBono and is the newest fan-site)
http://nalsdatapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Saga_Datapedia_Wiki (A fan-made wiki that is now ran by HeartCard, gives data on all mercenaries Lost Saga has and their respected data)

Thanks, Inquire.

Comments

• Lost saga 5 ever

I hope z8Games treats us well, some of the other hosts we've had have been, shall we say, sub par. It seems these people are fairly active on their most popular games so I hope it transitions well into Lost Saga
  • Although Z8 has had it's issues with stuff in the past. It's one of the more generally community 'loving' publishers I've ever seen. I've been playing CrossFire (Z8's top-grossing game) since 09 and they've generally been very passionate about their community.

The Game Masters here are very inquisitive about the communities wants and needs. Hope the game lasts longer than Fishing Hero. Lel
  • I have never heard of this game before, but a warm welcome to the game, I'll be sure to try it out. :)
  • To all whom it may concern:
    I wish for a blank slate for this third age of North American Lost Saga.
    WeMade enabled too much ease of access to crutches in mass quantities.
    A transfer would be potentially harmful unto our new playerbase, which could potentially be large, considering a transfer to a larger host.

To everyone else:
    I wish you a warm welcome to our community, may Z8 prove prosperous to all of us, grant our new players a successful transition into our returning playerbase and give a little leverage to us all over WeMade's badly enabled Meta Game, that one fears is transferring here.

I do not approve Transfers. I do not want WeMade's terrible meta-marketed content transferring. I do not wish for hacked content to be transferred either.
    Lookin' at you Gary. You and your millions of in-game currency. Was fine and all in that controlled environment, but this is a blank slate and should be treated as such.
  • Can't say I know anything about this transfer haha.

But I can say that our community will welcome anyone that joins up! Sure, we have the occasional trolls, but they're easy enough to avoid and ignore. We're always glad to have anyone join us. Welcome to the community guys! :)
  • Welcome! It's great to see Z8Games hosting more games!
  • @abel95 and Rex
    Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully the initial wave of the community has the more 'gracefully' personalities since some of the more experienced players are snobbish.

@]E[ducated
    The game has been around for close to 4 years now and is keeping a population of +1000 people so it should still stay alive as long as Z8 keeps them satisfied. I assume they will from the positive things I've heard about this company in general.

To reference what TheMon said, Gary was an individual, along with tens of other people (usually of the more higher ranked), was spreading hacks to obtain in-game currency illegally and have access to a special shop which contained unreleased content. Gary wasn't the one who developed this hack, but was associated with the individual(s) that did. His spreading enabled the general public to recognize this and, despite WeMadeUSA's efforts to stop the hacks, dislike the elitists whom are assumed to have these hacks. With Z8's reputation toward hackers, this shouldn't be an issue and I doubt Gary and his associates will be able to get away with hacking with as much ease.
  • Lost Saga is a great game, and I enjoyed playing it in OGP aswell as WeMade's version.. I really hope Z8 releases adventure mode. If they do, they won't have to update for at least a year haha.
  • I've also heard of Gary.. How much money do you think he made selling those hacks? My friend told me he bought tons of gold from him and so did many of his friends...
  • It's about time WeMade lost their miserly grip on Lost Saga, now the game can get some proper management.

From Amateur, to Bankruptcy, to ???

Let's hope this community's word on Z8 handling games with care is legit, Lost Saga needs some love.
  • Hi Z8Games Community!
    I don't wanna be the guy who does it, but it's gotta be done.
    Although it might not be as bad when the transfer comes over maybe just a lot of people salty from WeMade, but some of our community can be very cruel and post a lot of stupid things so please do ignore them they don't represent all of us and it's usually the same people.
  • Istygo wrote: »
    Hi Z8Games Community!
    I don't wanna be the guy who does it, but it's gotta be done.
    Although it might not be as bad when the transfer comes over maybe just a lot of people salty from WeMade, but some of our community can be very cruel and post a lot of stupid things so please do ignore them they don't represent all of us and it's usually the same people.

Yeeeeeeeah, that's the Elephant in the Room everyone keeps overlooking.
  • I'd rather discussion of such things NOT continue here. And I'd like to hope Z8 deals with such problems immediately when they arise...
  • It would be better to let everyone know we have quite a few rotten apples before the game starts.
  • I would just like to say that I look forward to seeing what Z8Games can do for the game and us the community.
    I hope this can lead to a great era for Lost Saga.
  • We got a carnivorous bunny here.
    Already the best community I've had the pleasure of being part of.
  • @Seashore
    Thank you for welcoming us.

I guess I'll ask the first question since that was a purpose for this thread.
    Why were some of our names taken in the system, despite no one having an account related to the name?
    For example, I wanted to use 'Inquire' for my forum persona, but it was taken. When looking at the registered members list there was only one other person that had a name similar and he was called InQuirer. I only ask this because we don't know the progress of data transfer and, if possible, does Z8 have our accounts on check.
  • Inquire1 wrote: »
    @Seashore

Why were some of our names taken in the system, despite no one having an account related to the name?
    For example, I wanted to use 'Inquire' for my forum persona, but it was taken. When looking at the registered members list there was only one other person that had a name similar and he was called InQuirer. I only ask this because we don't know the progress of data transfer and, if possible, does Z8 have our accounts on check.

You should private message the GM's. We, the players of the community have no idea. lol
  • abel95 wrote: »
    You should private message the GM's. We, the players of the community have no idea. lol

I would, but with over 15 moderators, IDK who to direct this to. They never really told us which one of the moderators, if any, were answering the questions on Facebook. This was one of the reasons why I made this thread to ask questions, since most of us from Lost Saga will be unknown to which moderator would answer questions. I would also help desk it, but there isn't an area for Lost Saga yet.
    @Seashore

In all technicality Inquire, I would believe this not to be the case.
    Mond**go was a joke, moreso a racist slur against my IGN during our stay at WeMadeLS.
    Point being, Mond**go was never my username or IGN, yet I adopted it as our known MBO forumer. I am to believe, that certainly, there are some very suave name pickers out there, who are likely to have picked out these names, much prior to the announcement of our arrival, solely to the cool nature of our names. *jokes*

It does irk me though, that I need to use a prefix.
    I would, but with over 15 moderators, IDK who to direct this to. They never really told us which one of the moderators, if any, were answering the questions on Facebook. This was one of the reasons why I made this thread to ask questions, since most of us from Lost Saga will be unknown to which moderator would answer questions. I would also help desk it, but there isn't an area for Lost Saga yet.

It wouldn't be the Moderators that you'd contact, as they don't have initial say in any game transfers, but if you contacted GMs, such as [GM]Saidin or [GM]Hpx, they may have some answers. If their inbox is full, you could leave a message on their wall.

Otherwise, I'd suggest just waiting and seeing what happens. Glad to have you all apart of our community now, hopefully you'll be behaved. ;)
  • its_matt wrote: »
    It wouldn't be the Moderators that you'd contact, as they don't have initial say in any game transfers, but if you contacted GMs, such as [GM]Saidin or [GM]Hpx, they may have some answers. If their inbox is full, you could leave a message on their wall.

Otherwise, I'd suggest just waiting and seeing what happens. Glad to have you all apart of our community now, hopefully you'll be behaved. ;)

Now I know, but I'd rather get more questions if I am going to send a message to either of those GMs. And thanks for welcoming the community.

Hey, sorry I missed this earlier, but I can answer that forum question for you!

I should clarify a few things first though before I respond,

The current moderators (myself included) on the forums are specific to CrossFire. We moderate certain in game things and the forums to what extent we can. For the most part most moderators only have access to moderate forums within the CrossFire section. It is likely when Lost Saga gets going you will see Moderator applications open up at some point as well as they will need a few Lost Saga members to moderate their forums as well.

Second, I believe one of the most important things to remember is that Z8Games is a publisher, and not exactly the developers. Since I don't really have a part in the Lost Saga community (though I am very tempted to try it out once it joins our community!) I don't know who your developers are, but I'm sure just as with CrossFire the interaction between Z8Games and your developers will be as intertwined as possible. It's the publishers duty to tell the developers what you guys are wanting, but it's important to remember that the final decision is always the developers, remember that it won't always be the fault of the publishers if something happens that you don't like. From experience there's always things the publishers want to do that the community wants or requests, but sometimes gets denied. Remember to not give the forum admins too much grief if things don't always go as liked, usually they are feeling just as the fans are, but get blamed for things out of their control.

Lastly, I know this might seem a bit biased since am a Moderator, but my experience under Z8Games and specifically Saidin who is the Game Manager of CrossFire and Community Manager, they are some of the best people I've ever come to do work for. I've been a part of numerous gaming communities over the years and have never met anyone as fair, or friendly as Saidin or HPX, or any of the other Administrators. While I don't necessarily know who you're main forum administrator is/will be, from experience I can say that the forum admins at Z8Games are some of the best you'll meet. And I know that a great portion of the community members will agree when they come to terms with what the Administrators can and can't do.

Anyway, I ranted on too long, to answer your question -

The forum database is integrated into the account database very oddly and has resulted in a few issues/bugs over the years. You'll notice upon registration that you are required to enter a forum name. This forum name does get registered, however the account will not appear on the forum list unless the user actually visits the forums on that account. The number of users on the forum list is a very small number compared to the actual number of players we cater to. Across all versions it is said that CrossFire caters to over 400 million users. The NA/UK version is quite large and used to be an "international version". It is easily possible that many names people might come up with are indeed taken especially since we also hosted Metin2 and Fishing Hero, and are now also hosting Arcane Hearts. It is also possible that there are numerous inactive accounts that were created back in the SubaGames era and did not visit the forum after Z8Games was created. Therefore a name might be taken but you will not see it as an account on the forum. I should also say though that there are plans to upgrade to new forums however will result in a few negatives which is why we reached out to the community about it first.

Sorry for such a long post, but I hope I answered a few questions of yours!
  • Might as well mention this before the event occurs, but when the transferring period starts, there may be an influx of threads asking about stuff like transfers. With xTr1gger's thread, despite it not getting much attention, I'd just want to mention of this now so those threads may not get too much attention.
  • Inquire already mentioned this site, but I have to ask after looking over the forum rules:

1. Is the datapedia even allowed?
    Essentially the datapedia is an attempt to reveal the game's inner mechanics and calculations in order to give players a proper grasp of what [EXACTLY] some Hero or Move can do. From Range, Movement speed, Speed Reduction, Damage formula calculation, stat bonuses, knockback, even base damage amounts are all shown through coherent&consistent testing methods performed in-game by the players.
    They're not the game's actual variable lists, which means some information is likely insignificantly inaccurate(namely range/movespeed which are both measured in "circles", referring to the circle around a hero's model that is visible to any player in-game). The idea is to grant enough information to viably comprehend the near-exact capabilities of a move or hero, or how best to maximize on a formula's hindrances.

The result of that testing is a page like this:
    http://nalsdatapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Unicorn_Lancer
    Which lists the base damage of each attack, the damage reduction percentile of all four of Lancer's gears, the speed penalty for those same gears, the base walk&run speeds of the weapon, along with the Knockback/Range/Self Movement of all of Lancer's moves.
    It even manages to reveal the (painfully minor) hidden effect of Lancer's cape adding a tiny amount of the Speed stat while in effect.

I just want to know how Z8Games will react to the existance of the Datapedia. If it will be accepted and incorporated, ignored entirely, or if there will be wishes for it's removal.

2. I like to run events with prizes for winning, prizes that I provide obviously. I assume this is allowed? The event rules are always publicly posted(currently in MBO's forums, hopefully I'll be allowed to make a Z8G topic as well for them), which means there is no way for me to scam someone with it.
    I take no responsibility for the cries of people who cannot work together to win though. :p
  • -snip-

Hey there! While I can't give 100% confirmation as a CrossFire moderator, I took a look at it and it looks good to go. Over here at CrossFire we also have tons of information about weapon damage, reload speed, pull out speed, etc. While it could be unlikely that the Lost Saga Z8 team incorporates it into something like their website, they might promote it now and then. Again, I can't give 100% confirmation on this, the best way to get a no-doubt answer would be to ask on their facebook page, or on the Lost Saga section of the forums once they're up. However, integration into the game is entirely up to your developers (not Z8Games). If it's something many of the players really want, make sure to suggest it on the Lost Saga forums when they're up and Z8Games will take it under consideration. There should be no issue however with discussing it and passing the information around as, like you said, this is all gathered by players in game.

As for events, the community and staff here highly encourages player ran events! Time to time we also promote many of the player ran events that happen around here. Go ahead with your events, they're highly encouraged and this is something I can confirm. The only reason someone would get in trouble is if they are making fake events or trolling with them (holding events but not giving the prizes they said the would). Or if they break another game/forum rule by hosting their events (such as promoting hacking).
  • I guess I should say the possibility for European servers is a high one due to this link:
    https://twitter.com/NXFallen

Hopefully this gives some hope for the Europeans, though I don't know how long a server will be for Europe or how it will be managed (since OGP EU Lost Saga was behind OGP US Lost Saga).
  • In the response to transfers, the Z8 Lost Saga FB has released that the migration page will be available during the release of Lost Saga, which will be on 12/18. As long as you have your previous WeMadeUSA information for Lost Saga, you should be able to retrieve your account details. If you want to see the news, the FB link I provided for Z8 Lost Saga on page 1 will have the exact details.
This discussion has been closed.