All right Soldiers, fall in. CrossFire needs you.

13»

Comments

• 0ps[ wrote: »
    Count Me in :)
    Let Me Edit My Signature <3
    Time to turn save reply option On :)
    Edit: H.H.H.R.T :o Hackers Don't join against/with us Hehe

awesome. keep them coming guys. i stole another 2 HSR's in the past 3 days :D
  • I updated the original message with links to a facebook group and XFire COmmunity. Feel free to join.
  • 67 pages in my contact history, i'd say 65 pages consist of 100% confirmed hackers, and a lot of them probably didn't get banned. I don't want to seem like I'm QQ'ing but the first post states "honorable ribbon head hunters". This is simply the problem. All we can do is hope their ribbon will be removed, but seldom (atleast in my experience) do hackers get permanently banned, and imo this is not fair to those playing the game legitimately. I have only kept up with high rank hackers that I have reported and most of them, to this day, still play and have their honorable soldier ribbon.
  • S1X6 wrote: »
    67 pages in my contact history, i'd say 65 pages consist of 100% confirmed hackers, and a lot of them probably didn't get banned. I don't want to seem like I'm QQ'ing but the first post states "honorable ribbon head hunters". This is simply the problem. All we can do is hope their ribbon will be removed, but seldom (atleast in my experience) do hackers get permanently banned, and imo this is not fair to those playing the game legitimately. I have only kept up with high rank hackers that I have reported and most of them, to this day, still play and have their honorable soldier ribbon.

Thats what I've been saying, The report system is fail. Anyone that checks on the hacks they report know this. I would say most reports are just deleted as Z8 staff, has said they cant keep up with reports....... So yea good luck with this project. You will be disappointed as you to, will find out. The report system is broken......
  • JihadJet wrote: »
    Thats what I've been saying, The report system is fail. Anyone that checks on the hacks they report know this. I would say most reports are just deleted as Z8 staff, has said they cant keep up with reports....... So yea good luck with this project. You will be disappointed as you to, will find out. The report system is broken......

this is true, i still report people from time to time, not nearly as much as i used to
  • Is it taking ribon from the innocent players too?

Hi Guys my first ever post on CF Forum so dont know really how it works... As I was looking into How to report a Hack...and I found this thread. I just want to ask you guys that if some one don't hack and got reported by another player... will CF team take away the ribbon even if the report is false.
  • life4u wrote: »
    Hi Guys my first ever post on CF Forum so dont know really how it works... As I was looking into How to report a Hack...and I found this thread. I just want to ask you guys that if some one don't hack and got reported by another player... will CF team take away the ribbon even if the report is false.

No, if you do not hack you have nothing to worry about. The support team watches the replay and makes sure that the person being reported is hacking.
  • Interesting, hope we can reduce the amount of cheaters in crossfire.
  • Glad there is another community effort to try and distinguish hackers from regular players, as well as a push to continue reporting them.

I would like to reiterate again, to please review your own replays of your "suspects" prior to submitting the report and cutting a notch on your signature. This "movement" should NOT be an excuse to just flood Support with hacking reports of all kinds, rather to meticulously with precision understand that the person you are reporting is WITHOUT A DOUBT a hacker.

And remember, just taking the time to review your replay, taking notes on the specifics, will help increase your report's "posture" as you will show to support you did take the time to note the times/rounds/kills whatever it is to help put this hacker away.

Also, just to spice it up a bit, we should add another feature of the HHHRT campaign.
    We should play against the auto-detection system.
    That means we have a time limit. When? Till the next X-Trap patch.

Every X-Trap patch that occurs, you would need to reset your HHHRT count, as it is possible the "suspects" you have reported may have been caught and banned on the spot by the auto-detection system while your report was waiting to be filed away by support. We all know that support would have to disregard your report if the hacker has been banned already by the auto-detection system.

So what ya think? Playing against time? And knowing that the X-Trap patches are done on an irregular basis, it should keep someone on their toes.
    Of course maybe there should be an overall count, but just for the sake of keeping it alive, it should be done in periods between X-Trap patches.
  • 9 wrote:

Bleh

That means you shouldn't report people because everyone's a hacker in your eyes. <3. Bad boderator!
  • Demoniite wrote: »
    That means you shouldn't report people because everyone's a hacker in your eyes. <3. Bad BODERATOR!

It's moderator .....
    I'm sorry, it's just the nazi in me xD
  • [MOD]9 wrote: »
    We all know that support would have to disregard your report if the hacker has been banned already by the auto-detection system.

So what ya think? Playing against time? And knowing that the X-Trap patches are done on an irregular basis, it should keep someone on their toes.
    Of course maybe there should be an overall count, but just for the sake of keeping it alive, it should be done in periods between X-Trap patches.

Another fine reason the report system is broken. You would think a player reported before a auto ban, would not be protected by it. So they get a 7day ban. From what I see, I make a report today. They review that report 2-3 weeks later, or more? Its a broken system. Its like they do everything to help the hacker, not the player who cares about a legit game. you want to make players happy? You start by FIXING THE REPORT SYSTEM!!!!!! I have been QQ about this for 3 years..... Someone listen...... FIX IT.......
  • ProMohT wrote: »
    It's moderator .....
    I'm sorry, it's just the nazi in me xD

You don't get it, it's a joke about some Canadian troll who keeps saying B instead of M in all posts. It's a joke between me and 9.
  • Too bad Z8 Devs only do term ban not perm ban...
  • Neozzy wrote: »
    Too bad Z8 Devs only do term ban not perm ban...

Z8Games give countless perm bans. You're not an insider so stop making false assumptions.
  • I dont know of any player that has ever been perm banned by the system.

Most players only receive a 3 or 7 day ban.

Does anyone know of someone who is perm banned?
  • schitty wrote: »
    I dont know of any player that has ever been perm banned by the system.

Most players only receive a 3 or 7 day ban.

Does anyone know of someone who is perm banned?

When the game first started yes, many got ban from reports. they did have a ban list then. you could report a guy and 3 to 5 days he was ban. Now the report system is broken. I have 25 in Emails going back a year now. All reports and They still play......
  • badboy051 wrote: »
    When the game first started yes, many got ban from reports. they did have a ban list then. you could report a guy and 3 to 5 days he was ban. Now the report system is broken. I have 25 in Emails going back a year now. All reports and They still play......

It's not broken.

Support gets massive amounts of hacking reports sent in daily, it's a ton to go through I'm sure, and it can't be done quickly. To add to this, they don't work weekends, when a majority of players are playing. This means hacking reports are stacking up daily on Saturday and Sunday, for them to come back to Monday, including Monday's reports.

Back on topic, I feel that all the players signing up to do this, already do this. Why make a group? Also, the "Hunters" makes it seem like you're going through each game looking for hackers. Doing that would make Cross Fire feel like a job, and not what it's supposed to be: a game. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for reporting hackers, it's just the whole idea seems redundant to me.

Oh well, good luck in your endeavors, just don't do over do it. :/
  • I think the best possible "reward" for reporting hackers would just be some reassurance that your hack reports are working. A reply from a GM on your hack report once it's been reviewed and has successfully resulted in a ban would suffice.

I understand that there is a massive backlog of hack reports, so you may not receive the reply for months after you submitted the report. However, I'd be pleased as hell every once in a while to see the little blinking "envelope" icon when I log on to the website and seeing that it was a reply for a successful hack report ban. I'm sure everybody else would be happy to see that as well.

The benefit of this would also be that it may help reduce bogus hack reports. People would start realizing that their false reports AREN'T getting the replies and their good reports ARE getting replies. People would start being more careful about reviewing their replays and would seek to get these validating replies from GMs.

It would help both ways. Increasing the Good report/Bad report ratio without encouraging people to spam hack reports. There'd be no farmable "prizes" for people to use alts to hack on while reporting their alts with their main or anything like that.

The "reward" would only appeal to people who are reporting for the right reasons.

Thoughts?

Sry bout the wall of text. Tried to break it up a bit :P
  • I agree with you. Perhaps implementing a hacking report karma system of sorts.

i.e. the investigators could mark certain players as important / legitimate reporters and actually ban hacking players.
  • schitty wrote: »
    THIS IS AN OFFICIAL TRANSMISSION FROM HHHHRT HQ:
    ============================================
    EDITED : Xfire Community http://beta.xfire.com/communities/hhhhrt
    Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/325067504251158/

Soldiers, if you are receiving this crucially important message, then you have taken a few minutes to brighten the future of Cross Fire, the game we all love.

With the approval of the mods, I would like to start a Hacker-head-hunting social group within our community forums.

I mean that if you spot a hacker in game, report him. No matter what rank, ping, server, or in game name. If they are hacking and its obvious that they are, report them. Period.

The developers of Cross Fire are working hard to rid our beloved game of hacks, and we, as loyal players, should assist them in EVERY way we can.

So for right now, I want to start the HHHHRT, (pronounced "hurt" if you will) which stands for the Hacker Head Hunting Honorable Ribbon Takers.

Since our only reward for joining this team will be the self satisfaction from reporting cheaters, our goal is to be sure that any and all Honorable Soldier ribbons are removed from hackers.

If you would like to join, simply post here the amount of Honorable Soldier ribbons that you have personally seen to the removal of said ribbon.

So far, I have snatched up 17 H.S. ribbons to date, and I am not stopping there.

In order to keep this idea from becoming a flame-starting topic, I plan to simply either post here in this thread as the Ribbons are taken, or alternatively simply change my forum signature to reflect how many Ribbons I have seen taken away. of course, if said player you report for hacking does not have the Honorable Soldier Ribbon before you report them, then it does not count for your tally.

I.e. You see someone hacking. You save the replay. You go to the clan page and see if they have the ribbon. You report them, then a few days later you check and their ribbon is gone, you get +1.

I have also created accounts on several of the main hack providing websites, and have been in contact with the moderators here on the forum to inform them of said websites as they are releasing the hacks. If you see a thread on a hack forum that has a working public hack for our version of CF, copy the link and PM it to a moderator so they can pass it on to the anti-hacking team therefore the bypasses / loopholes for the hack to work can be patched.

Join up Soldiers, Cross Fire needs your help. Together we can help to rid our beloved game from hackers forever. Or, at least until they patch the hack files and put them up for grabs once more.

EDITED : Xfire Community http://beta.xfire.com/communities/hhhhrt
    Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/325067504251158/

============================================

THIS HAS BEEN AN OFFICIAL TRANSMISSION.

C/O schitty @ HHHHRT
    :cool: I don't own that ribbon. Im too cool for it.

but it wasnt due to hacking.