Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

nice one grey

Saidin, Im not knocking Grey, he is trying to help. More than I can say for "support" who basically says it's my problem that theirs. The servers are fine. I didn't have this problem before the last patch. I changed no settings on my pc and this started after the patch. I turned my firewall off and still get dc'ed. The frustration is high because I bought ZP to buy things but havn't been able to use them.

Finally a MOD replied to us for along time. And it was working yesterday i never d/c after 3hours of playing but now i just got d/ced soo i hope it doesn't happen often

Nope i work for a day and now it dons't work anymore. D/ced 20 times in an hour. plz fix this in the patch coming up.

If you're happy and you know it clap in your hands *clap clap*

Nice game you have there Alien Swarm ^^. You play any other steam games? I onyl play that one (not often).
    Nice guide aswell thank you.
    We know.

If you're happy and you know it clap in your hands *clap clap*

i am on windows 7 and i cna only add a program so added cf but not sure if this is the same thing^^.
    I also have zone alarm somethign to change there?
    Last edited by LAMPEDDD; 29-07-10 at 03:38 AM.
    We know.

I want to touch on some things you said Saidin:

Quote Originally Posted by [GM]Saidin View Post
    Disconnecting is a common issue among every video game on the internet.
    This is not true. There is a game similar to this one that I have NEVER been dc'ed from. I can play other games as well and not get dc'ed from them.

We are dealing with fixed servers and a huge user base that comes from many different parts of the world. Unfortunately the game is never going to be perfect for everyone.
    Of course it's not going to be perfect for everyone but when you had no problems before the last patch and this starts happening than there is a problem.

Solutions like the one above are designed to help more people try things to get their game to work better. If it works for them, awesome. If it doesn't work for you, then we apologize. But it may not be the fault of us, or the game that you are having problems. Because there seems to be thousands of other people not having these issues either.
    Let me explain how I know it's not my problem. Before the last patch this never happened. After the last this patch this started happening. I have changed no settings on my pc, am not behind a router, had my firewall shut off and still didn't work. I have the same internet provider and the same network settings. You all looking for every reason under the sun to blame it on instead of just saying "There is a problem with the game that is affecting some people" is kind of insulting, especially when we spend money on the game and can't use it now.

We ARE working on these issues, we are monitoring our servers, we are working with the developers to better improve the net code and plenty of other options.
    Exactly who is working on these issues? When I sent a support ticket THEY said there was no problem with the game, that it was my service provider or my network settings. So if support is denying there is a problem how can anybody be working on an imaginary problem?

Greycloak has kindly taken time out of his day to help us help you and we appreciate him for that. If you don't like his efforts than stay away from these threads. Leave these threads to the people who actually want to use his help and his ideas to work in a positive way to improve their gaming experience
    Nobody is knocking Grey but you as an admin in the "Technical Support" section of the forum telling us that if we don't like his help to just stay away isn't good business. Remember you are a business when you offer items for sale (ZP). We are customers when we buy that item (ZP). As a customer we have a right to question things when they aren't working. So now as a customer I am stuck with items (ZP) that I can't use, support that is of no use and denies there is a problem, and an admin that says if we don't like the support to just stay away. All I have to say to that is WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OrneryGuy69 View Post
    Nobody is knocking Grey but you as an admin in the "Technical Support" section of the forum telling us that if we don't like his help to just stay away isn't good business. Remember you are a business when you offer items for sale (ZP). We are customers when we buy that item (ZP). As a customer we have a right to question things when they aren't working. So now as a customer I am stuck with items (ZP) that I can't use, support that is of no use and denies there is a problem, and an admin that says if we don't like the support to just stay away. All I have to say to that is WOW!!!
    Imho nobody denies there is a problem, Saidin just said, this problem doesnt occure for everyone.. Thats totally true, i dc only on UK clan server when waiting too long, few friends of mine dont dc at all.. => Problem might be somewhere else.. Ok, last patch made your game worse, still, it can be only bad interactions of patched game on the internet (just guessing, ive got a ping issues after one patch [right after patch], and problem WASNT in-game, new settings in system made it right)..
    If this guide isnt working for you, pitty, but there are people, who solved their issue this way, so dont critizise pls, wait for another one or try on your own
    And what more, flaming here wont help, those guys do all they can to make game working, improved and nice
    IGN: Elegnor
    ♫♪ ♫ ..Together we stand, divided we fall... ♪♫

Quote Originally Posted by Romanoman View Post
    Imho nobody denies there is a problem, Saidin just said, this problem doesnt occure for everyone.. Thats totally true, i dc only on UK clan server when waiting too long, few friends of mine dont dc at all.. => Problem might be somewhere else.. Ok, last patch made your game worse, still, it can be only bad interactions of patched game on the internet (just guessing, ive got a ping issues after one patch [right after patch], and problem WASNT in-game, new settings in system made it right)..
    If this guide isnt working for you, pitty, but there are people, who solved their issue this way, so dont critizise pls, wait for another one or try on your own
    And what more, flaming here wont help, those guys do all they can to make game working, improved and nice
    Since you were so kind to reply to my post let me educate you on what flaming is:
    Flaming (also known as bashing) is hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users.
    My post was neither hostile, insulting, nor bashing. I read the forum rules before I posted and I broke no rules by posting it. Here is the rule they have listed pertaining to flaming:
    Do not Flame each other! Use your manners and common sense. If you disagree with someone, do so gracefully. Additionally do not link to websites such as youfail.org or any other website pertaining to it in identical nature. It will be treated like spam and dealt with accordingly.
    So as you can see I broke no rule because I wasn't flaming, thank you on that point. Well, I was going to make other points but since I don't care about the rest of your post I will just leave it alone.

So now on a lighter note, do you have anymore ideas on what I might be able to do Grey? I have tried all the stuff you posted and still are getting dc'ed.