Default New crafting system?

sorry if I had the patience and looked through all nearly 700 pages, ide not be here, however nearly 700 is too much time being bored.

now, I was looking at the hero crafting, and apparently I can use dimensional shards to substitute for hero shards? however Im still uncertain how that works, I tried youtube but that seems outdated.
    can someone please explain to me in detail(assuming theres a complicated step)?

so you know, Im used to the older version of this game, where there was subtabs to each tab.

At one point I had a post stickied explaining the new crafting system, but it was taken down. I'll snag the info from that and put it here for you.

Updated Crafting System

The Basics

As many of you have probably noticed we received a crafting system overhaul. Crafting has changed in such a way so that you can get permanent heroes with more ease. With many people confused on how it works I've decided to start with this and to go over what everything does now.

First off, Hero Shards are no longer obtainable. The new items are now known as "Hero Spirits". There are 3 categories to the Hero Spirits.
    -Normal
    -Rare
    -Unique

Each category uses it's own type and cannot be substituted or converted from a different category

So far, it looks would seem that the only way to receive these Hero Spirits is by dismantling Permanent heroes. You will receive a set amount of spirits and spirit type based on what you dismantle.

Dismantling a Normal Hero gives the player 40 Hero Spirits of the Hero they dismantled as well as some Soul Stones.

Dismantling a Rare Hero gives the player 80 Hero Spirits of the Hero they dismantled as well as some Soul Stones.(edited)

Dismantling a Unique Hero gives the player 160 Hero Spirits of the Hero they dismantled as well as some Soul Stones.

Dismantling a Premium Hero gives the player a brand new item; currently mislabeled as "Dimensional Shards". This new item is a special type of Hero Spirit that can be used as a substitute in ANY category. Upon dismantling a Premium Hero the player receives 40 of this new item.

This new item sells at a rate of 10,000GP per Spirit. ("400,000 peso" is obviously a typo since the game doesn't go by the in-game currency name of peso(s)

Crafting A Hero

Crafting a hero is rather simple and depending on which category of hero you wish to have it will cost you different amounts of Hero Spirits. A Normal Hero requires 100 Spirits. A Rare Hero requires 200 Spirits. A Unique Hero requires 400 Spirits. To obtain enough Spirits for a single hero a player must convert their Spirits based on type. To convert Spirits you will go under the tab labeled Change and select both which Spirit you would like to use for the input and which Spirit you will receive for the output. You do not need to own any Spirits for the hero you wish to have as your output.

The conversion ratio gives you 1 Spirit of choice for every 3 Spirits you put in.

Once you have reached the amount of Spirits needed you may create your hero of choice! You can use a mixture of the Spirits required and the special Spirits obtained from dismantling Premium Heros The hero received will ALWAYS be Permanent.

As a side note I would like to let everyone know that you can no longer dismantle Timed Heroes anymore.
    GEARS
    Took me a while to find this again, hope it helps!
    IGN: Alkavine-Bloodwrithe

First Main: Sorcerer (MAX) || Second Main: Magic Swordsman (MAX) || Third Main: Jaingshi (MAX) || Fourth Main: Warp (0)

yeah it does thanks. it used to be easyer to figure out. thanks again.

one more question, it says you can sub out sprirts for shards, does that mean it all just needs to be a total of 100 for basic?
    Last edited by Ramreaper; 16-09-17 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramreaper View Post
    yeah it does thanks. it used to be easyer to figure out. thanks again.

one more question, it says you can sub out sprirts for shards, does that mean it all just needs to be a total of 100 for basic?
    Yes, but there is a limitation requiring you to use a bare-minimum amount of shards for the hero you are crafting. That number is different based on the type (normal/rare/unique).

First Main: Sorcerer (MAX) || Second Main: Magic Swordsman (MAX) || Third Main: Jaingshi (MAX) || Fourth Main: Warp (0)

Bare-Minimum is? what 40? or is it less? I need numbers please XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ramreaper View Post
    Bare-Minimum is? what 40? or is it less? I need numbers please XD
    Had I the numbers on hand I would have added them. It's been ages since I've crafted any heroes and I can't quite recall what those limits are. If you're trying to craft a hero and don't have enough you'll get a prompt listing the number required.

says I need 40, but I thought that was the total needed, not the amount of souls required. its fine, I think I might have an idea as to whats needed, trial and error.