Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ioeb10 View Post
    I tried both. Both are the same for me.
    On my pc right now, I also get some stuttering. This is on a 8350 + 7970. I played on a 1440p screen with no issues, but I played on lowest setting because that's what i am used to. Check background programs and try limiting your fps to your screen's refresh rate. Also make sure your driver's are up to date.

Some Undiscovered Place Waiting for New Maps

I'm sure you've done this. but just to make sure. Have you checked to make sure all Drivers are up to date?

the only times I get massive FPS drops are when my Nvidia driver needs updated or at least that's been the cause for me in the past. I'd be sitting at a nice ~200 FPS and then my FPS would drop down to like 15 for about 5 seconds and then slowly build back up to 200. then a few minutes later it'd do it again. after I updated my driver and restarted the PC the issue went away. It's came back a few times but it's only been when I've needed to update the driver again.

^^Made by Terrify
    #LaTotoForever
    #GiftofGiving

Quote Originally Posted by Mindjacked View Post
    On my pc right now, I also get some stuttering. This is on a 8350 + 7970. I played on a 1440p screen with no issues, but I played on lowest setting because that's what i am used to. Check background programs and try limiting your fps to your screen's refresh rate. Also make sure your driver's are up to date.
    No background programs running (just the usual stuff), and limiting fps also didn't help. Drivers are up to date.
    On games like CS:GO i get stable 280-300 fps.
    Last edited by ioeb10; 17-09-17 at 05:50 AM.

Are you running on a ssd or hard drive ?
    I'm running on an SSD.

I don't get stuttering until I play about maybe 5 or so games. That's usually when I notice it because at that point, CF is running at about 50 FPS, down from 200 when playing my first match. No background programs are running, and VSync is turned on from the NVidia Control Panel. NVidia drivers are all up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixith View Post
    I'm sure you've done this. but just to make sure. Have you checked to make sure all Drivers are up to date?

the only times I get massive FPS drops are when my Nvidia driver needs updated or at least that's been the cause for me in the past. I'd be sitting at a nice ~200 FPS and then my FPS would drop down to like 15 for about 5 seconds and then slowly build back up to 200. then a few minutes later it'd do it again. after I updated my driver and restarted the PC the issue went away. It's came back a few times but it's only been when I've needed to update the driver again.
    Yeah, it's up-to-date.

I've also contacted CF support about this but they just kinda gave me a generic answer telling me to shut off all background programs, blablabla that didn't help at all.

They told me the last resort is to upgrade my hardware but a GTX 1060 is definitely overkill for this game. It's really bothering me right now. I have to shut down CF and restart it to get it back running at a good framerate.

Quote Originally Posted by theStapler View Post
    I've also contacted CF support about this but they just kinda gave me a generic answer telling me to shut off all background programs, blablabla that didn't help at all.

They told me the last resort is to upgrade my hardware but a GTX 1060 is definitely overkill for this game. It's really bothering me right now. I have to shut down CF and restart it to get it back running at a good framerate.
    Don't even think about upgrading. I play on a potato and get 45-70 fps. What do you have your fps cap on? 200. Try 60. I can only think your CPU is throttling due to heat,virus, or some external program.

Just a thought: Is your laptop actually using the GTX 1060?

I've read previously that some laptops have adaptive graphics - they use the on-board graphics until there is a higher demand, and then switch over to the dedicated card when it's needed.
    Perhaps CF isn't as graphically demanding as your laptop needs to switch over, or it detects after a while that it doesn't need that much power and switches over to the onboard graphics.

Either way, I'm pretty sure there's a way to force it to only use the GTX 1060. If you can find out how to do that, it's worth trying to see if the problem resolves itself.
    IGN: Bunni
    i7-3770k, GTX 1070, 16GB RAM
    "Bunni's overpowered enough."~[GM]Kanadian

Don't even think about upgrading. I play on a potato and get 45-70 fps. What do you have your fps cap on? 200. Try 60. I can only think your CPU is throttling due to heat,virus, or some external program.
    I forced VSync on, but the CF ingame thing still reads about 200 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by master_mann View Post
    Just a thought: Is your laptop actually using the GTX 1060?

I've read previously that some laptops have adaptive graphics - they use the on-board graphics until there is a higher demand, and then switch over to the dedicated card when it's needed.
    Perhaps CF isn't as graphically demanding as your laptop needs to switch over, or it detects after a while that it doesn't need that much power and switches over to the onboard graphics.

Either way, I'm pretty sure there's a way to force it to only use the GTX 1060. If you can find out how to do that, it's worth trying to see if the problem resolves itself.
    I have an indicator on my desktop that turns on when the GTX 1060 is running. It is on the whole time. But I'm not sure, there is a bit of lag when the game ends and the score at the end of the game displays, which I think is due to the graphics card switching over to the integrated graphics, and maybe there could be some error that makes the GTX 1060 stop running.

The strange thing is, the FPS gradually drops from 200 to 50 and below over the course of games, it's not an instant thing.

Any ideas, anyone? It's still lagging after the update.

Quote Originally Posted by theStapler View Post
    Any ideas, anyone? It's still lagging after the update.

Give bandicam a try, set it to 60 and see if it helps. Bandicam is a screen recorder btw.