Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Severe Framerate Drops

When I load up the game and play for a few rounds, the game runs really smoothly at about 200 FPS. After a few rounds however, the FPS begins to drop. It usually goes down to about 50 FPS after maybe 5 rounds or so, and then sometimes it just takes a cliffdive right in the middle of a game, down to about 5-10 FPS, which makes CF literally unplayable. Any idea why this is happening? How can I prevent it from doing this?

I play CrossFire on a Gigabyte Aero 14 laptop with an i7-6700HQ processor with Intel HD Integrated graphics, a GTX 1060-6GB, 16GB of RAM, and a 1440p screen.

I feel like the screen resolution may be causing the problem since Crossfire's highest setting only goes up to 1080p, but I'm not sure.

1. set vertical refresh on from nvidia drivers:
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread....and-stuttering

2. set your game rezolution as your desktop:
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread....-game-crashing

p.s another reason may be a high temperature on your GPU, use a program like speedfan to see your cpu and gpu temp.
    Last edited by TheShadowRo; 12-09-17 at 01:01 PM.

☠ Kick & Report Hackers!
    ✓ Honorable Player
    ✪ Forum Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadowRo View Post
    2. set your game rezolution as your desktop:
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread....-game-crashing

p.s another reason may be a high temperature on your GPU, use a program like speedfan to see your cpu and gpu temp.

CrossFire's resolution only goes up to 1080p; my laptop's native resolution is 1440p. Should I just keep CrossFire at 1080p?

My laptop doesn't run hot when playing CrossFire. I have the CPU undervolted and the fans don't even turn on when playing.

I also forced on VSync, I'll play a few more rounds tomorrow to see if it really helps. Thanks!
    Last edited by theStapler; 13-09-17 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theStapler View Post
    CrossFire's resolution only goes up to 1080p; my laptop's native resolution is 1440p. Should I just keep CrossFire at 1080p?

My laptop doesn't run hot when playing CrossFire. I have the CPU undervolted and the fans don't even turn on when playing.

I also forced on VSync, I'll play a few more rounds tomorrow to see if it really helps. Thanks!
    Yes before start CF just set desktop rez at 1080p then inside game use same 1080p - to avoid a possible error : Can't find legacyshader.fxo / Cross Fire Error, do you want to report ? .

☠ Kick & Report Hackers!
    ✓ Honorable Player
    ✪ Forum Club Member

Stop double post please any way if you have any problem like errors that move you to the lobby just remove the game and download it again the run it administrator
    Hail Kanadian!

I played after doing what you recommended, and it didn't help. The framerate still dropped after a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadowRo View Post
    Yes before start CF just set desktop rez at 1080p then inside game use same 1080p - to avoid a possible error : Can't find legacyshader.fxo / Cross Fire Error, do you want to report ? .
    But 1080p looks really bad on a native 1440p screen... Also I don't get the legacyshader.fxo error.

Quote Originally Posted by macarona008 View Post
    Stop double post please any way if you have any problem like errors that move you to the lobby just remove the game and download it again the run it administrator
    I'm just trying to get as much help as possible. I am not getting any errors, just framerate drops after playing a few games. This doesn't happen in any other game that I play.

Well, almost the same thing for me.
    Came back after a 4 week break from CF. Before I was getting stable 200+ FPS and now my FPS are totally unstable and I only get like 60-150.

Quote Originally Posted by ioeb10 View Post
    Well, almost the same thing for me.
    Came back after a 4 week break from CF. Before I was getting stable 200+ FPS and now my FPS are totally unstable and I only get like 60-150.
    Yeah exactly. Except mine sometimes drops down to like 10 FPS. I would really appreciate it if someone could figure out the problem.

Are you running on a ssd or hard drive ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindjacked View Post
    Are you running on a ssd or hard drive ?
    I tried both. Both are the same for me.