Exclamation Severe Framerate Drop After a Few Rounds

When I load up the game and play for a few rounds, the game runs really smoothly at about 200 FPS. After a few rounds however, the FPS begins to drop. It usually goes down to about 50 FPS after maybe 5 rounds or so, and then sometimes it just takes a cliffdive right in the middle of a game, down to about 5-10 FPS, which makes CF literally unplayable. Any idea why this is happening? How can I prevent it from doing this?

I play CrossFire on a Gigabyte Aero 14 laptop with an i7-6700HQ processor with Intel HD Integrated graphics, a GTX 1060-6GB, 16GB of RAM, and a 1440p screen.

I feel like the screen resolution may be causing the problem since Crossfire's highest setting only goes up to 1080p, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by theStapler; 11-09-17 at 10:35 PM.

If performance is getting worse over time, it sounds like it might be overheating... What are temperatures like, does it do this in other games too?
    IGN: Bunni
    i7-3770k, GTX 1070, 16GB RAM
    "Bunni's overpowered enough."~[GM]Kanadian

Quote Originally Posted by master_mann View Post
    If performance is getting worse over time, it sounds like it might be overheating... What are temperatures like, does it do this in other games too?
    No, the laptop doesn't feel hot at all when playing CF. I don't think the fans even turn on.

I can play Ghost Recon: Wildlands at 60 FPS with mid-high settings, but it does run pretty hot in that game.