Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default OGP Lost Saga (A Trip Through Time Gate)

    Hey there.

    This is a post aimed at Lost Saga players from yesteryear, especially circa 2011.
    A Trip Through Time Gate

    The link will expire in 1 month.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    14

    Default

    quality post, not sure what unseen force pushed you enough to write out your lost saga experiences but i liked it. i am interested though in what lost saga players lives are like outside of the game itself... and what originally attracted them to this game... and what keeps them playing/following up to this day knowing the game is in a decline.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    8

    Default

    So cute! I remember these old days of lost saga. I'm so glad to have seen this post <3
    http://49.media.tumblr.com/9ec7ff09682addc799ebfcd9f11a1011/tumblr_o3arugVC0j1to58pho1_400.gif

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Why would you want to know where i live? *stare*
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GREVO View Post
    quality post, not sure what unseen force pushed you enough to write out your lost saga experiences but i liked it. i am interested though in what lost saga players lives are like outside of the game itself... and what originally attracted them to this game... and what keeps them playing/following up to this day knowing the game is in a decline.
    Treading a slippery slope

    The concept of a chaotic battle with all sorts of nonsense going on space lazors sweeping around Gods clashing beams fired left and right tornadoes all over the place Glaciers appearing out of nowhere Hellish fire surrounding the map the very ground beneath our feet splitting crumbling and popping up Knights fighting Futuristic Space marines ridiculously good Boxers fighting Vikings the military fighting futuristic mechs Super heroes fighting Anime characters Blades appearing out of nowhere ultimate weapons being matched or negated Mythologies of different sorts clashing all of this is what lost saga can promise if it tried to and i really want to play that game

    I really want it to do the above no other game that I've seen has that type of potential as of yet
    someday i'd like to believe that something will step up to the plate but for now lost saga is the only thing that i know that can be that
    I dun wanna tell you my Ign.
    I hope there comes a time, when I'm well enough known that people will know me anyway.
    Until then I hope to Meet you on the Battle Field it should be fun =3

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,481

    Default





    Vendo-Senpai!
    What did you think of me?
    I must know!
    76: Smiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Miss you vendo,

    Life is moving on, But lost saga will always have a special place in my heart.
    Last edited by WincestLS; 15-09-17 at 03:02 AM.
    You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars
    IGN:Stucky
    Bravura #1 forever in my heart.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YukiAyumu View Post
    Treading a slippery slope

    The concept of a chaotic battle with all sorts of nonsense going on space lazors sweeping around Gods clashing beams fired left and right tornadoes all over the place Glaciers appearing out of nowhere Hellish fire surrounding the map the very ground beneath our feet splitting crumbling and popping up Knights fighting Futuristic Space marines ridiculously good Boxers fighting Vikings the military fighting futuristic mechs Super heroes fighting Anime characters Blades appearing out of nowhere ultimate weapons being matched or negated Mythologies of different sorts clashing all of this is what lost saga can promise if it tried to and i really want to play that game

    I really want it to do the above no other game that I've seen has that type of potential as of yet
    someday i'd like to believe that something will step up to the plate but for now lost saga is the only thing that i know that can be that
    Oh so you mean...Lost Saga is basically League of Legends or Anime Fight by that description.

    Personally, I'd much rather consider Lost Saga a spiritual successor to Power Stone than anything else.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartCardian View Post
    Vendo-Senpai!
    What did you think of me?
    I must know!
    I probably should have censored the Fire Mage and guild logo. Oh well.

    Is that really you? Of all people who could have been lingering on these forums, this many years later.

    I don't really know how to put into words what I thought of you then or what I think of you now. What separated you from the other community members I was always at odds with, was I felt like you understood my intentions or at least tried to. Maybe you were also bored. Maybe you also had the desire to disrupt the daily mantra. I don't know.
    Why else would we be on the forums?

    I'm unsure if you perceived me as just another troll, attention seeker, narcissist, or whatever else I was labeled.
    But in terms of online experiences, it was truly fun. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

    I believe the last time we interacted was on the NALS Facebook board, regarding your Datapedia. Though I can't say it was much of an interaction.
    I just went back to look up that archived thread to read all of your posts.
    I genuinely did not read them back then. I don't know if it was so I could be as authentically ignorant as possible or had some other hidden agenda. I recall that my account was banned at the time due to being mass-reported before Lost Saga changed publishers. I would go into more detail, but it's really just all in the past now.
    Reading my posts from back then are shocking to say the least. Even though I know it's me it's like a completely different person.

    I lacked any understanding of internet etiquette or culture. I actually remember that you often used the "There is No Need to be Upset" Gorilla image macro in response to many other OGP forumers. What's funny is, at the time, I had no idea what a "meme" or "****posting" was. I was quite ignorant of it all.

    I don't remember treating you too well back then either, but that went for most people.
    I hope even you can forgive me.

    Quote Originally Posted by WincestLS View Post
    Miss you vendo,

    Life is moving on, But lost saga will always have a special place in my heart.
    It sure is. It has been almost a decade; insane.
    It always has a place in mine too. With all its ups, downs, flaws and all.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Why would you want to know where i live? *stare*
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaltCard View Post
    Oh so you mean...Lost Saga is basically League of Legends or Anime Fight by that description.

    Personally, I'd much rather consider Lost Saga a spiritual successor to Power Stone than anything else.
    League of Legends is too slow for the kind of excitement I want also lacks any real impact on attacks, haven't heard of Anime Fight before (searching for it pulls up a bunch of AMVS some of which aren't bad)

    Powerstone reminds me of this one piece i played once upon a time for the playstation? i think it was fun
    I dun wanna tell you my Ign.
    I hope there comes a time, when I'm well enough known that people will know me anyway.
    Until then I hope to Meet you on the Battle Field it should be fun =3

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valtosoto View Post
    I probably should have censored the Fire Mage and guild logo. Oh well.
    You'd have had to censor a LOT more for me not to clue in. The screenshots with Sonic were definitely a huge clue. The avatar, the firemage, the hairstyle, the fact that some of these pictures had been posted before uncensored by you. I didn't save them, but I do have good memory.
    Ultimately, it was just your speech pattern that told me before the pictures.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valtosoto View Post
    Is that really you? Of all people who could have been lingering on these forums, this many years later.
    Yeah the odds weren't in my favour. It's amazing how hated I was initially compared to what I am now. Frankly WMLS did a lot for me in that way. Cleared out my bad rep and made me public figure numero uno for awhile. Even some of the older gen coming back about a year into Z8LS didn't do much to hurt that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Valtosoto View Post
    I don't really know how to put into words what I thought of you then or what I think of you now. What separated you from the other community members I was always at odds with, was I felt like you understood my intentions or at least tried to. Maybe you were also bored. Maybe you also had the desire to disrupt the daily mantra. I don't know.
    Why else would we be on the forums?

    I'm unsure if you perceived me as just another troll, attention seeker, narcissist, or whatever else I was labeled.
    But in terms of online experiences, it was truly fun. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.
    You were beautiful. I considered you the Megatron to my Optimus. Sometimes you'd have an idiot trying to start drama so they could have a sense of control, like Drakeros or Valv...But ultimately they weren't a threat.
    But you? You were built from the ground up as a perfect enemy. You weren't an idiot, every time you tried to hit me or anyone else it was because you had a chance of it working out for you. You inspired people and made them flock to you, you had charisma and character out the ass. You were so sincere with your ideals that there was an innate respect that had to be given for it, at the very least for the fact that you weren't shaking on what you believed.

    Only someone like you could have taken Cotton, Myself, and Marth...Three people who EASILY did not get along by occupying radically different views on the community...Only you could UNITE us in opposition against you. Time and time again, you were a genuine threat that could actually influence people. You weren't a blind sentimentalist, you weren't fake in what you said, you weren't an idiot, and you had the charisma to draw an army to your cause.

    And it wasn't even intentional, I knew that. You had built yourself into your persona. That's what made it so damn genuine. It was so engraved into your core that there was no distinction between the Vendo Persona and a real person. As someone who had psychosomatic manic depression and was studying personalities to discern what was wrong with mine, you were a delightful treat. It was like I saw someone step out on the other side of the road I walked. Like you were the Adolf Hitler to my Charlie Chaplin.

    When Vendo did something, it was exciting. FINALLY, someone that was my equal that actually OPPOSED me. Not a kid so stupid as to publish screenshots of me [blatantly] being a more genuine human being open to discussion while they ignore me. Not a Troll trying to start a fight for the empty sake of starting a fight. Not a brat whining that I hurt their feelings. And not a hypocrit with no merit to stand on.

    I respected you as an Enemy. A Enemy that was not just worth combating, but worth defeating. And not merely worth defeating, but also worth combating. The battle and the victory were equally worthwhile, and that is something to be truly proud of.


    Quote Originally Posted by Valtosoto View Post
    I don't remember treating you too well back then either, but that went for most people.
    I hope even you can forgive me.
    I see no wrong with which to forgive. You followed your convictions and stuck to your ideals. You made no fallacious and did not break your own rules. There is nothing wrong with who anyone else, only with what they do.
    Violence is the truest expression of any person. It is the passion with which we pursue things that rings out who we are. You argued violently, and for that you have nothing to atone for. Even if you aren't the same person as who you were back then, it doesn't mean that it was wrong to be who you were or who you are now.



    Frankly, I think I can speak for everyone who is no longer with us, or whom doesn't want to post in this thread themselves:
    We missed you, Vendo. You glorious Bastard.

    You're welcome here anytime you want to be. You're welcome here, you're welcome on MBO and IRC. And if anyone tells you otherwise, they don't matter.
    Last edited by HeartCardian; 16-09-17 at 05:25 AM.
    76: Smiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •