Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Many teammates in team obliteration quit and the roster is much different now other than me. Rosters need to be unlocked since we entered the roster such a long time ago.
    Last edited by Daniel_25; 10-09-17 at 04:39 PM.
    http://youtube.com/2525daniel2525

Thank you to X-trap for the 1 hour ban and loss of HSR
    GF reg + new delay lag - July 2015 to Present

Quote Originally Posted by Dadoppler View Post
    If teams cant last a week with 5 main and 2 subs, then they probably wont be committed for the entirety of CFS qualifiers in my opinion
    the deadline ended so long ago, what you mean a week, alot of people quit , the rosters should be kept open for a couple more days to make all the teams more prepared

My opinion on roster changes:

Note: My team has been stable for longer than almost any North American team, so I don't have any stake in this whatsoever.

I really like the push toward stability and roster locks, and a straight "rosters lock NOW" simplifies the process.

This is, typically, how most games and events are ran. Once signed up for an event, only exceptional circumstances allow for the roster to be changed.

However, CFS does present several challenges that I hope the GMs have considered.

1. Unlike many other games, our "major" events are only held once a year. Since this does not really allow for people to adjust and adapt, perhaps more flexibility is warranted.

2. The culture of our community has been one of rapid, and constant roster shifts. A sudden all-out change makes the adjustment period particularly rough, when in the past such rules have always been bent to accommodate teams at the last minute.

All in all, for years I have pushed for a no-roster-changes community, and I love that it is finally being implemented. That said, I love a variety of competition, and it disheartens me to see at least a couple of teams unable to compete due to roster issues. Perhaps there can be some sort of compromise? Perhaps teams on a case-by-case basis can be allowed a single-roster change? I'd love to get some dialogue going between members of the community and the GMs running the events so we can keep improving things!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by EX0T1C View Post
    My opinion on roster changes:

Note: My team has been stable for longer than almost any North American team, so I don't have any stake in this whatsoever.

I really like the push toward stability and roster locks, and a straight "rosters lock NOW" simplifies the process.

This is, typically, how most games and events are ran. Once signed up for an event, only exceptional circumstances allow for the roster to be changed.

However, CFS does present several challenges that I hope the GMs have considered.

1. Unlike many other games, our "major" events are only held once a year. Since this does not really allow for people to adjust and adapt, perhaps more flexibility is warranted.

2. The culture of our community has been one of rapid, and constant roster shifts. A sudden all-out change makes the adjustment period particularly rough, when in the past such rules have always been bent to accommodate teams at the last minute.

All in all, for years I have pushed for a no-roster-changes community, and I love that it is finally being implemented. That said, I love a variety of competition, and it disheartens me to see at least a couple of teams unable to compete due to roster issues. Perhaps there can be some sort of compromise? Perhaps teams on a case-by-case basis can be allowed a single-roster change? I'd love to get some dialogue going between members of the community and the GMs running the events so we can keep improving things!

Cheers!
    Thank yuu, just one day for roster change thats all we ask

in which servers we gonna play uk or na ? i mean in bo1 . here u said away and home
    Map Selection, Starting Side & Server Selection
    Home Team will be designated by the officials before the start of the match, and will have first choice of Server (NA or UK) and Side choice (BL or GR). All teams will play an equal number of games as Home and Away.
    so if its bo1 we gonna play half and half or what ?
    Last edited by sar3asena; 10-09-17 at 03:50 PM.

Barracks are live on the CFS page now: http://crossfire.z8games.com/CFS/2017/bracket

"I am one with the force and the force is with me."

CF Wikia Admin

Did you guys change the round 2 matchups some of them look different than the original post

Under ( 3.3 League Format ) of the rules on the CFS website, it says matches will be held on saturdays as round robins. However, on this forum thread it says the 17th will be the first round...which is a Sunday. Which is correct?

Tyler
    "Nothing is stronger than the AsintadO clutch"

Cash me on twitch hbd @ twitch.tv/DerdenTV

Quote Originally Posted by Respek View Post
    Under ( 3.3 League Format ) of the rules on the CFS website, it says matches will be held on saturdays as round robins. However, on this forum thread it says the 17th will be the first round...which is a Sunday. Which is correct?

Tyler
    Sunday is correct.

"I am one with the force and the force is with me."

CF Wikia Admin

lol, so uh teams rearranged on the bracket?
    Last edited by WAHAMMA; 10-09-17 at 11:24 PM.
    "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - KD

i am the Me and the We.