Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Notice: Inactive IGN Changes

Attention Mercenaries,

Effective immediately, our Support Staff will no longer take requests to change the in-game names of inactive accounts.

Due to overwhelming feedback about inactive accounts, as of our last maintenance we have begun running automatic scripts that will remove the IGN from any account considered "inactive". These scripts will be run during every maintenance, so that ALL inactive accounts will have their names changed automatically. This means that you will no longer need to send a ticket if a name you want is currently held by an inactive account. You will just have to wait for the next maintenance in order to be able to use it. Any account with its name changed in this way will receive a free IGN Change item so that they if they return they can get a new name.

There will also no longer be a 90 day waiting period on accounts that have had their name changed. The name will be free for immediate use.

We hope this clears up any confusion about inactive accounts.

-CrossFire Team

Addendum: Because so many of you are asking, we have decided to explain it to you. Accounts are considered inactive if they have not been logged into within 2 years of the maintenance date. When you see someones profile that says 'last seen X days ago' this is games played, not log-ins, and so does not affect this policy. Any accounts not logged into for 2 years will be considered inactive, and changed via this method. If a player last logged in on August 23rd of 2015, he would be considered inactive if we ran the script today.

​Sig By [GM]Cinder

Some Undiscovered Place Waiting for New Maps

Interesting. I'm sure this news will make quite a few people happy.

^^Made by Terrify
    #LaTotoForever
    #GiftofGiving

Hopefully this will help a lot of players who want to change their IGNs.

"I am one with the force and the force is with me."

CF Wikia Admin

That'll certainly make quite a few individuals Happy.

Neato.

Ah so this is the change you were talking about. This is a good improvement imo.

Im currently in the 90 days waiting period for a new IGN, But from what I understand the waiting period is removed completely as of today. Yet it still says the name I want is in use.
    Is there anything that can be done about this?
    *---Eagle-
    http://crossfire.z8games.com/profile/11967265

Quote Originally Posted by nGhost View Post
    Ah so this is the change you were talking about. This is a good improvement imo.

Im currently in the 90 days waiting period for a new IGN, But from what I understand the waiting period is removed completely as of today. Yet it still says the name I want is in use.
    Is there anything that can be done about this?
    If you had one changed recently via support, unfortunately you will still have the rest of the 90 day waiting period. But this will only apply to the names that were recently changed by support. Any changed by this system will be immediate.

​Sig By [GM]Cinder

1 qustion if i was inactive and my ign gone and comeback active after 3 months and i will have free ign change true but what if someone used my ign while my ign has changed how i will comeback it
    IGN:*Joker*Yn

Quote Originally Posted by [GM]Kanadian View Post
    If you had one changed recently via support, unfortunately you will still have the rest of the 90 day waiting period. But this will only apply to the names that were recently changed by support. Any changed by this system will be immediate.
    Ah dang that sucks. I PMed with you about that change, I shouldve waited a few weeks then I'd have it already.
    *---Eagle-
    http://crossfire.z8games.com/profile/11967265

Quote Originally Posted by yonakaaaaaaa View Post
    but what if someone used my ign while my ign has changed
    Then it is gone and they now have it.

​Sig By [GM]Cinder

Interesting.I changed my ign from two weeks ago xD