Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default SWOONIS first ever: Designs for the People contest!!!!

So this is a little idea I've had that I'm going to put into motion.....

As a member of this community who has always been really enthusiastic about gear designing, this costume feature hurt my heart. More and more people are opting to use costumes instead of applying designs. Of course, there is a reason for that: There aren't enough free designs out for people to access! With this problem, I have come up with my own solution.

Designs for the People! This is a gear design contest with a catch. Along with posting screenshots of your entry, you must also post the templates! In doing this I'm hoping we can achieve more community activity, get more designers and consumers excited about GD's and just get the good old competitive spirit in the air.

PRIZES:
    For the first contest I'm starting out small to gauge community interest, but I am willing to offer bigger prizes in the future if it catches on.

1st: $20 UGC code
    2nd + 3rd: $10 UGC code

THEME: Free, 1-4 gears on a single mercenary. NO COSPLAY

RULES/FORMAT:
    -must post screenshots. please use image tags to embed them on the page.
    -must post EXACT templates used for your gear/set.
    -provide IGN and preferred method of contact to receive your prize. (eg forum PM or email address)
    -The work provided must be your own
    -one entry per person

JUDGING:
    Will be done solely by ME.

WHAT I'M JUDGING ON:
    -attention to detail
    -originality
    -skill

WHAT I'M NOT JUDGING ON:
    -how neat or messy your templates are
    -whether or not I like you. (I don't dislike anybody in the community anyway)
    -your chosen theme. As long as it follows Z8 rules, I will remain impartial to whatever theme you want to do. Sci-fi, BDSM, I don't give a ****, I will judge it on quality.
    -how fat your butt is IRL

WHEN:

Entry period
    7/17 - 8/7

Judging period
    8/7 - 8/14

Prizes will be distributed on 8/14.

ADDITIONAL INFO
    I will be distributing the designs posted here on my gear design page. (Swoonis Premium Design Shop). Full credit will be given to every artist. If you have your own page, or contact info for commissions, I will be happy to include them in any post containing your art should you so wish. I am not claiming ownership of any templates. The purpose of posting the designs on my page is simply to get these designs out to as many people as possible as fast as possible. My page has a grand total of 5.3k likes which is a combination of people from various versions of LS. This contest is all about the free distribution of designs, so if you have a problem with your work being shared.... it kind of defeats the purpose.
    BIG GUY: SWOONIS

Red face

Ok here it is, my entry for this contest, had some time to rethink what I wanted to do but I finally figured it out and I actually liked how it turned out and I hope other people do too, It's a half dragon design based on a Fire Dragon which are my favorite.

Gears Used: Hakumen Armor, Mephisto Horns, Succubus Wings and Mephisto's Flame Sword.

Here are the templates and previews: http://imgur.com/a/KIte5

Same as before feel free to host it on your page and thanks for hosting this event man, you can contact me ingame Ign: Alex or PM me here on forums, good luck to everyone!

If anyone is interested in using the old GD I made it can be found in these links:
    http://imgur.com/a/nT7dl

http://imgur.com/a/fCEg3
    Last edited by BomboBoy; 28-07-17 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Done

Mr.Flashis, I am willing to throw my hat in there...
    I would gladly bulk your prizes to 20 extra ZP for 1st place, an extra 10 for 2nd, and to add an additional 30 for a 4th, 5th, and 6th place entries...

I am preparing for an art contest here. And while I will likely be rewarding a little more, it will be a bit more art related then simple GDs...

Hollar at cha girl if you want an extra sponsor...cheers~♫
    Righteousness and honesty are valuable. I go knife raised into danger, without regret.
    For sake of my good buddies, I am prepared. I have no fear of death. Who would dare to challenge me? ~ (陸小鳳)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashis View Post
    WHAT I'M NOT JUDGING ON:
    -how neat or messy your templates are
    -whether or not I like you. (I don't dislike anybody in the community anyway)
    -your chosen theme. As long as it follows Z8 rules, I will remain impartial to whatever theme you want to do. Sci-fi, BDSM, I don't give a ****, I will judge it on quality.
    -how fat your butt is IRL
    CONTEST IS OFFICIALLY A 0/10
    DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH EFFORT WENT INTO CRAFT MY BUTT!? IT LITERALLY TOOK YEARS TO ACHIEVE THIS LEVEL OF BEAUTY. OVER TWENTY YEARS. MY ASS IS AGED LIKE A FINE WINE AND YOU'RE SAYING IT'S OF NO VALUE!?
    I'm so god damn triggered I'm not even going to enter your contest! You clearly are targeting me and I demand the mods close this thread immediately
    REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Butt anyways, I hope this goes well for you.

---UPDATE---

Alright, I finally got around to doing a design set for this event and wound up having far more fun doing it than I thought I would.

Gears Used:
    -Valkyrie Weapon
    -Necromancer Outfit
    -Tortoise Lamp (Jin Sasinmu Trinket)
    -White Reaper Hood

As par the rules here's a link to the templates. I've gone and watermarked the backgrounds as I do with any design I make for the public or as requested. Enjoy everyone and best of luck!

http://imgur.com/a/VAOqE
    Last edited by AlkavineB; 25-07-17 at 02:30 AM.
    IGN: Alkavine-Bloodwrithe

First Main: Sorcerer (MAX) || Second Main: Magic Swordsman (MAX) || Third Main: Jaingshi (MAX) || Fourth Main: Warp (0)

Quote Originally Posted by BomboBoy View Post
    Edit: Here's my entry, the gears I used are Epic Mafia Hat, Epic Windrunner Armor & Outlaw Sniper

I had fun working on it, I wanted to keep it simple but make it cute, my only hope is that players get to see it and hopefully use it on their gears, that would be pretty cool.

Here's the link to more screenshots with and without the sniper, gear previews and the templates since I don't want to make the post really long and spammed full of pictures, everything is in here:

http://imgur.com/a/fCEg3

Feel free to upload it to your page if you think its alright, and if you'd like to contact me feel free to shoot me a PM on forums or message ingame, Ign: Alex.
    Thanks for your submission Alex!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UmbrellaCow View Post
    Mr.Flashis, I am willing to throw my hat in there...
    I would gladly bulk your prizes to 20 extra ZP for 1st place, an extra 10 for 2nd, and to add an additional 30 for a 4th, 5th, and 6th place entries...

I am preparing for an art contest here. And while I will likely be rewarding a little more, it will be a bit more art related then simple GDs...

Hollar at cha girl if you want an extra sponsor...cheers~♫
    I can only promise what I can give away as prizes, but if you're willing to help, I'm more than happy to accept. Anything that boosts interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by CorMeumCard View Post
    CONTEST IS OFFICIALLY A 0/10
    DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH EFFORT WENT INTO CRAFT MY BUTT!? IT LITERALLY TOOK YEARS TO ACHIEVE THIS LEVEL OF BEAUTY. OVER TWENTY YEARS. MY ASS IS AGED LIKE A FINE WINE AND YOU'RE SAYING IT'S OF NO VALUE!?
    I'm so god damn triggered I'm not even going to enter your contest! You clearly are targeting me and I demand the mods close this thread immediately
    REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Butt anyways, I hope this goes well for you.
    Guess you'll just have to wait for my booty sculpting contest. Sorry heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlkavineB View Post
    Might be able to find some time to get something new together. If I do I'll update this post here.
    Excellent! I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashis View Post
    I can only promise what I can give away as prizes, but if you're willing to help, I'm more than happy to accept.
    No idea what you mean, exactly. I already offered. Just keep in touch, if you're actually interested.
    Last edited by UmbrellaCow; 20-07-17 at 12:16 AM.
    Righteousness and honesty are valuable. I go knife raised into danger, without regret.
    For sake of my good buddies, I am prepared. I have no fear of death. Who would dare to challenge me? ~ (陸小鳳)

UmbrellaCow, I'm definitely interested!

Unfortunately it seems that not many are taking an interest in my contest. Tomorrow when my weekend starts, I'll probably spend the day advertising in-game.

The Crystal Mage

GEARS USED
    Galaxy Mage Armor, Sorcerer Staff, Gumiho Ears, Iori Trink(Not designed, looks cool tho)

It' really sucks that the armor texture is so low res compared to the rest. I don't know why.

LINKS TO EVERYTHING
    http://imgur.com/a/IK0wT

Overall I like the way this one came together. It went through a lot before it settled here.
    Hope everyone enjoys
    IGN: Zodd
    Tumblr- http://oniblu.tumblr.com/
    DeviantArt- http://hopefulantique.deviantart.com/
    Twitter - @Oni_Blu

Default Devil Fencer Set

Gears Used: Fencer Armour/Hat
    IGN: Riven

Templates: