Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    On the throne at the feet of God
    Posts
    285

    Default GG NERF series; Episode 3 Star Child

    Hey guys its been a while. A really really long while since i uploaded. As alot of you may know, I was handling my wedding so Ive been extremely busy and havent had time to upload anything ive wanted to but today i managed to squeeze out a video for you all. Its not lightning mage but, its gonna take time to record footage for lightning mage, i had these clips from streams to work with.


    MAJOR KEY NOTE: This sadly... is not the version of Nerf star child i wanted to show you all, some of you have caught on to the fact im really religious when it comes to my music. i try to keep it gospel related . sometimes i slip but most times its religious music. Because of this, finding music for these videos that dont curse and such is rather hard and I had finally found the perfect song for this video and i was hyped because christian artists are normally happy to have their work shared. SIKE!! apparently not all of them are, the guy wanted me to buy his music license just for 1 song.... 1 ... song... a 100$ license. Lol no, luckily the music industry is growing so this version was made. I dont like this version the other version i made was 10x better and it eats me that i cant upload it. Sorry. Another video is on the way.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    108

    Default

    1. Being religious has nothing to do with swear words. It just...Doesn't. I was a youth pastor, just learn your texts and you'll find them far less restrictive than you have been informed.
    It would only matter if you care more about APPEARING religious rather than ACTUALLY upholding your faith.

    2. Have you considered simply NOT using music? Or NOT using music that has any lyrics? Let's put it this way; What does music [add] to your video?
    If you're trying to showcase something, won't lyrics [distract] from what you're showing off? If the lyrics have nothing to do [with] the subject of the video, doesn't that equally distract from the video's message?

    Suppose I make a video about turning small children into lunchables, would it fit the video for me to include "Oh Rock of Ages" in it? Or would it be better for me to use "Imagine"?
    And for that matter. Which version of Imagine would fit it better? Would John Lennon's upbeat optimistic "Imagine" work with the video? Probably not unless I'm going for an ironic angle. In which case I'll want to use A Perfect Circle's cover of "imagine" instead for it's hopelessness as the children are compressed into lunchable packets.


    3. Essentially a continuation of 2, but...I actually find the song you picked to contradict the title of the video. If the point is to express that Star Child will be/is nerfed, then the lyrics do not reflect this. The lyrics of this song would be better suited to a video of just people raging at being strider'd to death.
    Last edited by CorMeumCard; 17-07-17 at 12:04 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    On the throne at the feet of God
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorMeumCard View Post
    1. Being religious has nothing to do with swear words. It just...Doesn't. I was a youth pastor, just learn your texts and you'll find them far less restrictive than you have been informed.
    It would only matter if you care more about APPEARING religious rather than ACTUALLY upholding your faith.

    2. Have you considered simply NOT using music? Or NOT using music that has any lyrics? Let's put it this way; What does music [add] to your video?
    If you're trying to showcase something, won't lyrics [distract] from what you're showing off? If the lyrics have nothing to do [with] the subject of the video, doesn't that equally distract from the video's message?

    Suppose I make a video about turning small children into lunchables, would it fit the video for me to include "Oh Rock of Ages" in it? Or would it be better for me to use "Imagine"?
    And for that matter. Which version of Imagine would fit it better? Would John Lennon's upbeat optimistic "Imagine" work with the video? Probably not unless I'm going for an ironic angle. In which case I'll want to use A Perfect Circle's cover of "imagine" instead for it's hopelessness as the children are compressed into lunchable packets.


    3. Essentially a continuation of 2, but...I actually find the song you picked to contradict the title of the video. If the point is to express that Star Child will be/is nerfed, then the lyrics do not reflect this. The lyrics of this song would be better suited to a video of just people raging at being strider'd to death.
    1. 2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. , Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers. (Dumbed down explaination: If God says do not commit adultry, would you sit at a dinner table and take advice from 10 adulterers? People in my group curse, but major note my group was way bigger than it is now ive had to cut alot of people off. You can look at anyone of my videos. Me myself, I have not cursed in a single video.
    Shun: persistently avoid, ignore, or reject (someone or something) through antipathy or caution.
    Profanity:blasphemous or obscene language, a swear word; an oath.

    2. The music is meant to provide a certain rythm or vibe for the video. The mind is actually able to enjoy something more or less depending on what it hears at the time of observation. For instance if im watching a video about Knights of the crusade and there is an extremely catchy jig playing in the background two things may happen. I could love the knights and everytime i hear the Jig or something similar of the sorts, I will be reminded of the video. Or the opposite.

    3. If you actually read my post you will know a few things. This is N O T the original song for the video, due to copyright laws i am unable to use the original video which had tons of more clips and such.
    If you have watched all the GG nerf videos the videos are meant to show off a very strong point of the character. Crow showed how well crow was able to fight in team matches. Sith showed how effective his resets and hold D combos were on groups and solo. This video shows how much star childs wep skill could be a major game changer, also how fast paced the character is into its follow ups and such.

    These videos are for fun nonetheless and as long as people enjoy them i will make them. Your feedback is always appreciated.
    Last edited by zxKitexz; 17-07-17 at 12:55 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zxKitexz View Post
    1. 2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
    And this is completely out of the damn context.
    2nd Timothy 2:14 "Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers."
    It has nothing to do with simply "swear words", but words that [profane]. If I call you my "friendly bastard", then I have not profaned you. However if I call you a "loathsome braggart", then I have profaned you but have not used "swear words".
    By YOUR logic I could call you an insipid bumbling fool, and that's perfectly fine. But if I dare called you "a damn fine friend", then that is completely unacceptable.
    You have accepted a meaning to this passage that you yourself have not attested and confirmed, is that not an affront to the very intellect you were given? Does that not profane your very humanity to simply accept without question?
    You quoted Psalms 1:1 after this, so why didn't you keep reading and look at Psalms 1:2?
    "But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."
    Do not merely ACCEPT the word. THINK on it. AFFIRM that you find no complications in abiding it.

    You looked up the definition of profanity, but you did not look up the definition of the ACTUAL word used: Profane.
    Which I find strange in itself, because the only time I found the definition for profanity that you listed is if I [google searched] the word INSTEAD of actually going to merriam-webster's site.


    Quote Originally Posted by zxKitexz View Post
    Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers. (Dumbed down explaination: If God says do not commit adultry, would you sit at a dinner table and take advice from 10 adulterers? People in my group curse, but major note my group was way bigger than it is now ive had to cut alot of people off. You can look at anyone of my videos. Me myself, I have not cursed in a single video.
    Shun: persistently avoid, ignore, or reject (someone or something) through antipathy or caution.
    Profanity:blasphemous or obscene language, a swear word; an oath.
    I don't know where you found THAT translation, but it's horrifically dumbed down even without your attempt to further dumb it down.
    From the King James version of Psalms : "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."
    Yes, BLESSED is that person. FORTUNATE might be a better word. But even granting it as instruction, it has no connection to the instructions of the new testament in Timothy nor is one made. You have aligned these two commands as though they are speaking of the same subject and they are not.





    Quote Originally Posted by zxKitexz View Post
    3. If you actually read my post you will know a few things.
    Which I did and which I do. It's actually WHAT CAUSED my questions. You were fretting about changing to change the music, but the simple reality is that...Do you even NEED the music?
    And if you're arguing that the lyrics are irrelevant and the beat is more important, then refusing to use songs that include "swear words" is even more pointless to your own detriment.


    Quote Originally Posted by zxKitexz View Post
    If you have watched all the GG nerf videos the videos are meant to show off a very strong point of the character.
    Which begs the question of; Why the name "GG Nerf"?
    That's actually counter-intuitive to what the series is meant to be about in your own words.
    Last edited by CorMeumCard; 17-07-17 at 03:11 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    /)This big(\
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Was hoping to see lots of BnB combos and mix-ups and extended combos. Kind of a disappointment.
    Mother: Saiki
    Father: Knuck

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    On the throne at the feet of God
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BelgrimLS View Post
    Was hoping to see lots of BnB combos and mix-ups and extended combos. Kind of a disappointment.
    Sorry to disappoint. I personally feel like the original version of this video would have caught your eye a bit better, sadly i have a nasty habit of believing all my videos will go through first time no problem so i clean out the clips when im done to make new ones. The copyright was a huge set back honestly. But im back to making videos and will try to get more intense gameplay clips with the less distractions. Thank you for the feedback

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    tanxx
    Being religious has nothing to do with swear words. It just...Doesn't. I was a youth pastor, just learn your texts and you'll find them far less restrictive than you have been informed.
    It would only matter if you care more about APPEARING religious rather than ACTUALLY upholding your faith.


    طراحی سایت
    Last edited by shahsavan; 17-07-17 at 04:24 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    On the throne at the feet of God
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorMeumCard View Post
    And this is completely out of the damn context.
    2nd Timothy 2:14 "Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers."
    It has nothing to do with simply "swear words", but words that [profane]. If I call you my "friendly bastard", then I have not profaned you. However if I call you a "loathsome braggart", then I have profaned you but have not used "swear words".
    By YOUR logic I could call you an insipid bumbling fool, and that's perfectly fine. But if I dare called you "a damn fine friend", then that is completely unacceptable.
    You have accepted a meaning to this passage that you yourself have not attested and confirmed, is that not an affront to the very intellect you were given? Does that not profane your very humanity to simply accept without question?
    You quoted Psalms 1:1 after this, so why didn't you keep reading and look at Psalms 1:2?
    "But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."
    Do not merely ACCEPT the word. THINK on it. AFFIRM that you find no complications in abiding it.

    You looked up the definition of profanity, but you did not look up the definition of the ACTUAL word used: Profane.
    Which I find strange in itself, because the only time I found the definition for profanity that you listed is if I [google searched] the word INSTEAD of actually going to merriam-webster's site.


    I don't know where you found THAT translation, but it's horrifically dumbed down even without your attempt to further dumb it down.
    From the King James version of Psalms : "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."
    Yes, BLESSED is that person. FORTUNATE might be a better word. But even granting it as instruction, it has no connection to the instructions of the new testament in Timothy nor is one made. You have aligned these two commands as though they are speaking of the same subject and they are not.





    Which I did and which I do. It's actually WHAT CAUSED my questions. You were fretting about changing to change the music, but the simple reality is that...Do you even NEED the music?
    And if you're arguing that the lyrics are irrelevant and the beat is more important, then refusing to use songs that include "swear words" is even more pointless to your own detriment.


    Which begs the question of; Why the name "GG Nerf"?
    That's actually counter-intuitive to what the series is meant to be about in your own words.
    As much as I love discussing the bible with others I fear, knowing how lengthly debates with you or gumshoe can last. I don't think I can keep up with you from a cellphone just too much having to backspace from fat fingering. And honestly, I feel this way about it. You practice what you preach, you can't tell a child dont say that if you say it yourself.

    The purpose of Christianity was to be christ like and serve God the father. We are to be a light, and help. But one thing is for sure, you spirits work in interesting ways. For instance, if i constantly listen to a song that says "fk b--ches get money" over and over, all types of the day and with similar music lyrics from other songs to back it. It then develops into my everyday. I will go from listening to saying the same things the songs say. They open up a gateway that I now have began saying "Fk b--ches get money" in my own speech pattern.
    But what happens when I say it and say it over and over? One day i may begin to do it. Now my words have become my actions, and you being a youth pastor should know one thing, when you let 1 demons sin in, it opens the door to many others. Again, this is good though I like this discussion personally I feel like you may have things to teach me as I have things to profess on my own. Sadly, I don't believe me using 10minute breaks at work would be enough to combat towards the amount of time you usually have to argue. Ive seen enough between you and gum to know this can go on for weeks.




    The title for the series was labeled GG NERF because they are inspired by the many GG series on youtube. League has them, overwatch has them, thought it would be fun to have our own. The thing its just a title honestly. I can name each video salami on bread episode 3 and it would be fine because no one can stop me from titling the video how i want it. Most of the GG series's on youtube dont show the character in the game as being something outrageously amazing but simply wacky clips or clips demonstrating proficiency in the use of the character they are simply ment to be fun to watch. they are fun to make and should be fun to watch. simple as that. Three episodes in and 4th one on the way, the title hasn't bothered anyone until now. so i saw no reason to change it.

    Feedback is greatly appreciated Continue to do so, that I may make better content in the end.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Did I accidentally enter z8's biblical text discussion sub-forum?
    BIG GUY: SWOONIS

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashis View Post
    Did I accidentally enter z8's biblical text discussion sub-forum?







    Quote Originally Posted by zxKitexz View Post
    As much as I love discussing the bible with others I fear, knowing how lengthly debates with you or gumshoe can last.
    It wouldn't get that long unless I have to repeat myself. Be rational, and this will be concise.
    Quote Originally Posted by zxKitexz View Post
    I don't think I can keep up with you from a cellphone just too much having to backspace from fat fingering. And honestly, I feel this way about it. You practice what you preach, you can't tell a child dont say that if you say it yourself.
    Ah yes, a simple solution then: Don't tell the child not to say it. You have no real reason for them not to say it.
    In fact, you pretty much HAVE to say these words around a child to tell them not to say it.


    Hell mate, you don't even understand what a "Swear Word" is. This is an ENGLISH invention, they did not EXIST in the time of Christ or the Old Testament. Why would they discourage something that [did not exist]?
    Suppose one spoke Japanese. WELL THAT MUST BE EASY FOR THEM, MUSN'T IT? Japanese also did not have any manner of "swear words" until VERY recently(past 20 years) when the concept of English censorship became more appearent. And even then these words do not carry the same connotations as English "Swear Words".
    In fact...Can you say Damn? What about Hell? Ass? Are these three swear words? They're used frequently in the Bible. Does the Bible swear?

    The point of the passage you quoted lies not in 2nd Timothy 2:16 but in 2:14.
    2nd Timothy 2:14 "Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers."
    It is NOT about "words to no profit"(words that will not change someone, ie fruitless arguments), for there is nothing wrong with that. If your words amount to nothing changing, that is perfectly fine.
    It discourages words "to the SUBVERTING of the hearers", because then there could not BE a dialogue. Words that would SUBVERT the hearers are disgusting phrases like "Agree to Disagree"(translation; 'i would rather not continue talking about this with you') or "shut up" or "leave me alone" or "stop talking to me". The passage discourages YOU from using such terms. It's not even a direct command, but rather ADVICE for you. You should STRIVE to avoid such things, don't fret over your words not mattering so long as they are INTENDED to matter.
    Intent is SO critical to the New Testament, it is the single deciding factor in who a person is.




    Quote Originally Posted by zxKitexz View Post
    The purpose of Christianity was to be christ like and serve God the father. We are to be a light, and help. But one thing is for sure, you spirits work in interesting ways. For instance, if i constantly listen to a song that says "fk b--ches get money" over and over, all types of the day and with similar music lyrics from other songs to back it. It then develops into my everyday. I will go from listening to saying the same things the songs say. They open up a gateway that I now have began saying "Fk b--ches get money" in my own speech pattern.
    You know that's interesting because, despite playing through every Neptunia game...I've never started saying nepgear's "What the Goodness!" for even a short while after clearing UNLESS I intended to start saying it. Pouring dozens of hours in the span of a month into a single medium would suggest that this phrase should have become native to my tongue, yet it doesn't each time. Because the phrase does not suit me.
    In the same vein though, you'll almost never catch me telling someone to "shut the fock up" or "go the fock away" despite the fact that I run across these words...Literally everyday I play online, not even AT ME normally just in the background. Because these phrases do not suit my desire for a dialect.
    With the amount of times I've listened to lyrics that pretty much amount to "POP POP WATCHIN HEATHENS DROP", you'd think I'd carry a firearm on me. I don't. I don't even own a gun...And I live in Texas, so I'm even a failure as a stereotype.


    Quote Originally Posted by zxKitexz View Post
    But what happens when I say it and say it over and over? One day i may begin to do it. Now my words have become my actions, and you being a youth pastor should know one thing, when you let 1 demons sin in, it opens the door to many others.
    THIS is nonsense. You would be challenged to find someone with as violent a personality as mine. You would also be challenged to find someone more willing to help someone.
    The amount of times my girlfriend and I have exchanged "You bitch..."s back and forth on the daily should, by this logic, be straining our relationship as CLEARLY we must HATE one another to use such AWFUL words on each other. Or...Perhaps words are entirely separate from actions?
    I'm a sadist to my core. I adore torturing people. And that sadism guides my every action, because something can only deeply torture someone if they are at fault. There is no joy in punching a small child, but there is a deep joy in rebuking that child's argumentation and having them have to deal with that new reality of being wrong. Likewise, I would more than adore for someone to try and physically hurt me, because then it becomes fair game to put them on the ground.




    Quote Originally Posted by zxKitexz View Post
    The title for the series was labeled GG NERF because they are inspired by the many GG series on youtube. League has them, overwatch has them, thought it would be fun to have our own. The thing its just a title honestly. I can name each video salami on bread episode 3 and it would be fine because no one can stop me from titling the video how i want it. Most of the GG series's on youtube dont show the character in the game as being something outrageously amazing but simply wacky clips or clips demonstrating proficiency in the use of the character they are simply ment to be fun to watch. they are fun to make and should be fun to watch. simple as that. Three episodes in and 4th one on the way, the title hasn't bothered anyone until now. so i saw no reason to change it.
    See that's the thing...I can't find any others. The most I can find are videos where the title "GG Nerf" is VERY apt for the content of the video, in that it shows either;
    A - Comparisons of before/after patchs to show how a character's strongpoint HAS been nerfed.
    B - Videos showing that a character SHOULD be nerfed because of how outrageous they are in specific situations.

    Obviously your videos aren't case A. But nor do they appear to be Case B simply because...They're not that bad compared to the rest of the cast in these areas. They're good at X, but...nothing that abnormal for LS to have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •