Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CorMeumCard View Post
    I didn't say it wasn't allowed, I said it was underhanded.

It's also pre-emptively conceding the argument that Lost Saga should be viewed as a Fighting Game. And that...Mmm doesn't seem wise for your goal.
    Do we not view lost saga as a fighting game?

Also back to the community thing, im not saying we should take over the chill community or any community that would seem out of place for lost saga. First things first would to decide as a community what lost saga is technically considered.
    Do i feel like its a bit cheap to overpower a community and take the spot light from someone else? Honestly yes but lets think of it this way. Lost Sagas success has always been a priority in my mind, Would i destroy another kingdom for the 50/50 chance that my kingdom would expand 10 fold? hell yes.

It sucks to whoever it happens to but if they are smart they will either jump on the bandwagon or find something else. Theres a dude on the fighting game community only playing games with the oversexualization of characters. People arent there to see the fighting like they should, they are there to see the ****s. I have no quarrels of stripping that fame from him or anyone else honestly.
    LS Commute > everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by zxKitexz View Post
    Do we not view lost saga as a fighting game?
    Many people do view it as a fighting game. That's the point.
    If you're intent on putting it in the "Relax and Chill" instead of the "Fighting Game" category, then it concedes that argument. You're essentially admitting that Lost Saga does not hold up as a Fighting Game and thus should not be in that category, regardless of what you actually feel on the matter.
    Me personally? No I don't think LS is a fighting game. Because I play(and make) fighting games, this does not function as one. It functions under the principles of Party Games like Sonic Shuffle or Mario Party.

Also back to the community thing, im not saying we should take over the chill community or any community that would seem out of place for lost saga. First things first would to decide as a community what lost saga is technically considered.
    Do i feel like its a bit cheap to overpower a community and take the spot light from someone else? Honestly yes but lets think of it this way. Lost Sagas success has always been a priority in my mind, Would i destroy another kingdom for the 50/50 chance that my kingdom would expand 10 fold? hell yes.
    So you'll compromise your integrity for the sake of your goal. That's pitiful.

I have no quarrels of stripping that fame from him or anyone else honestly.
    LS Commute > everyone else
    If you have no qualms taking power from someone, why do you have qualms with that power being taken from you? His stream is just as deserving to exist as any other.
    In fact, following this line of logic; You should not have any reason to think Lost Saga deserves to be streamed. What you've argued now is essentially Survival of the Fittest, and in that regard Lost Saga has failed miserably and thus deserves to rot in silence without getting any further fame.
    Your pride will be your downfall if on this matter, I assure you of that. It has certainly cost you any chance I'd be willing to help. I have no problems with elitism, but only if it has something to back it up.

It sucks to whoever it happens to but if they are smart they will either jump on the bandwagon or find something else. Theres a dude on the fighting game community only playing games with the oversexualization of characters. People arent there to see the fighting like they should, they are there to see the ****s.
    ...What game is this in particular and why are you so certain it is DEFINITELY not about the game itself?
    Soul Calibur tends to be cited as Overly Sexualized, but that's been a SOLID franchise from start to finish as a Fighter.
    Dead or Alive is WILDLY considered overly sexualized, however you would be DESPERATELY challenged to find any 3D fighter that is even CLOSE to being as solid and technical as Dead or Alive 5.

Your hatred for overt sexuality may simply be making you blind. Tell me this; is Neptunia a Solid RPG with a very explored combat system and focus on characterization...Or is it just a Pedophile Waifu game?

1. The problem isn't getting new players to join Lost Saga actually. We still have dozens of new players every month.
    The problem is that they typical do not STAY with Lost Saga for more than said month.
    It's like a really hot girl with a great ass and bouncing ****...
    And then she turns around and you realize her nose makes her look like Toucan Sam...Except she's also Cross Eyed and always angry.

2. The reason you don't hear about Z8Games is because they host two games:
    Generic FPS #2302
    And
    Playskool Heroes Battle Fiesta
    If that is the primary issue with LS's population, then I would imagine two fixes for keeping people playing: 1. Not have newcomers fight veteran's.Smurf accounts and high ranked accounts with low skill ranks can quickly push away any newcomer.
    2. Balance the game in a big way. To many heroes and gears are leagues above the rest and the game is constantly being updated with bigger, badder, better heroes and gears. Which means if you wanna stay "meta" and have the best chance of winning, you'll have to be constantly throwing cash at the screen. Least that's the way I see it =/

That could be it as well and also, I like that name for LS.

Many people do view it as a fighting game. That's the point.
    If you're intent on putting it in the "Relax and Chill" instead of the "Fighting Game" category, then it concedes that argument. You're essentially admitting that Lost Saga does not hold up as a Fighting Game and thus should not be in that category, regardless of what you actually feel on the matter.
    Me personally? No I don't think LS is a fighting game. Because I play(and make) fighting games, this does not function as one. It functions under the principles of Party Games like Sonic Shuffle or Mario Party.

So you'll compromise your integrity for the sake of your goal. That's pitiful.

If you have no qualms taking power from someone, why do you have qualms with that power being taken from you? His stream is just as deserving to exist as any other.
    In fact, following this line of logic; You should not have any reason to think Lost Saga deserves to be streamed. What you've argued now is essentially Survival of the Fittest, and in that regard Lost Saga has failed miserably and thus deserves to rot in silence without getting any further fame.
    Your pride will be your downfall if on this matter, I assure you of that. It has certainly cost you any chance I'd be willing to help. I have no problems with elitism, but only if it has something to back it up.

...What game is this in particular and why are you so certain it is DEFINITELY not about the game itself?
    Soul Calibur tends to be cited as Overly Sexualized, but that's been a SOLID franchise from start to finish as a Fighter.
    Dead or Alive is WILDLY considered overly sexualized, however you would be DESPERATELY challenged to find any 3D fighter that is even CLOSE to being as solid and technical as Dead or Alive 5.

Your hatred for overt sexuality may simply be making you blind. Tell me this; is Neptunia a Solid RPG with a very explored combat system and focus on characterization...Or is it just a Pedophile Waifu game?
    Noticing a trend with you Heart, you interpret things based on what you want things to mean instead of what it really is.

I stated that people are not watching the guys stream for the FIGHTING GAMEPLAY they are watching to get their 12 year old stiffies. Out of that statement you've somehow created a false sense that I hate overt sexuality. Im saying, if these people enter the mans stream in the fighting community, they should see some F I G H T I N G. Not this man sitting in the character customization screen trying to see how close he can get to a naked set for Katarina on Tekken.

Now to your power statement. If Im telling you all to support the other streamers besides only supporting Takuya or myself, how am I not allowing power to be taken from me? This isnt about me? this is about the lost saga community that I am a small part of? I have no power? Im just a worker ant like everyone else. In your statement that you are not willing to help, you aren't hurting me, this is an idea, a suggestion on what the community could do. Stop taking everything as "Kites master plan" Im giving ideas, just say you dont like my idea and move on. \

Lost Saga deserves to be streamed like every other game. You have every right to believe it doesn't but because lost saga has died in your own eyes does not give you a single right to try to stamp out the fire in others. Honestly, if you dont believe that lost saga deserves to be streamed then why are you even bothering on commenting on my lost saga streaming idea? its not worth your time. In a survival of the fittest scenario lost saga is limping but still alive thus it has every right to keep fighting, when this game closes down and they say "NA will no longer be hosted as a server" then you can say your statement but until then step aside and let people who still care about something do their thing.

Screw off about pride, everythings not about me nor you its about everyone else, if you dont want to help then thats fine dont, but screw off putting down people who do . "I dont like this so everyone else shouldnt like this" We are not all named Heart whatever your new title is. Now that I think on it, what truly is your purpose of even lurking through the forums? You dont seem to like this game at all the way you speak on it.
    Now that i really think about it, the only time you even have anything to say is when you can spark an arguement so you can flex your intellect at a dead forum? theres like 40 active forumers and uve argued with atleast half of them.

And by your knowledge every king in history is pitiful. If I destroy maple story and lost saga takes all of its community then it happens, I can care less on anyones view of my integrity, if this game became a multi billion dollar game from my actions, who cares about some forumers opinion on my integrity. Your own integrity is in question.

Like honestly what is your goal really? Arent you supposed to be making some amazing game like -cough cough- Black claimed he would? shouldnt you be doing that instead of argueing with people you dont even care about? Go make your game already, if this game isnt worth time anymore stop wasting your own time trying to tell us why it isn't go make your game and SHOW us why it isnt.

ALSO Lost saga is a fighting game.
    - It presents the player the ability to control a character or object able to strike and block
    - The player is not forced to rely on only one move or ability to win against the opponent.
    -Players must use their own skill and knowledge to overpower or outsmart their opponent.
    -The purpose of the game is to fight until either the player or the opponent is unable to fight back.

I can see how you are able to call it a party game though.
    Power stone and such, but even in these game modes the objective is still similar.

TO THE NEPTUNIA RPG:
    If we were going simply by first impressions of the game. It would be the latter. The very fact that when I type in the games name I only see pictures of anime girls naked (CENSORED but they pushed it as far as they can go) or wearing the barest of underwear. and I dont even need to add an ecchi or hentai tag to it. Judging the book by its cover I can simply say its something i just flat out expect from japan. Thats the best way I can put it. "Oh.. its from japan... anime inspired.... better get lotion" is a phrase id expect to hear from someone googling the game. I pray these girls are 18.

Now ive watched 2 minutes of gameplay and it makes sense whats going on. I wouldn't play this around my wife or my family at all but I feel like this game is going to be the cause of alot of "The talks" between parents and their kids. The combat looks like what id expect from a japan title rpg. Like the tales series does very well. Not a fan of turnbased. or would it be Real time? \Bah i cant tell off of two minutes
    Last edited by zxKitexz; 20-07-17 at 05:07 PM.

Noticing a trend with you Heart, you interpret things based on what you want things to mean instead of what it really is.
    I interpret things as they are literally said, nothing more. I am not at fault for other people's lack of clarity nor their denial.

Now to your power statement. If Im telling you all to support the other streamers besides only supporting Takuya or myself, how am I not allowing power to be taken from me? This isnt about me? this is about the lost saga community that I am a small part of? I have no power? Im just a worker ant like everyone else. In your statement that you are not willing to help, you aren't hurting me, this is an idea, a suggestion on what the community could do. Stop taking everything as "Kites master plan" Im giving ideas, just say you dont like my idea and move on. \
    You're missing the point. You are WILLING to take the power from someone you think does not deserve it(the man streaming Tekken). It's not simply about you directly but you as an extension of your goals. If you want me to dumb it down for you, then replace "You" with "Lost Saga". What you have ARGUED FOR is a concept of power, which would follow the same MUST be applied to your own side as well.

Let's go with your example; The man in your example is infact streaming a fighting game, so why is it fine to strip him of power for the sake of Lost Saga? The answer is your own morality. He's not FIGHTING in the fighting game, therefore he does not DESERVE the power he has(viewers). But there is no actual rule that the "fighting game" tag requires one to always be fighting, is there? It's a constraint you have imposed of your own volition by your own values.

Lost Saga deserves to be streamed like every other game. You have every right to believe it doesn't but because lost saga has died in your own eyes does not give you a single right to try to stamp out the fire in others. Honestly, if you dont believe that lost saga deserves to be streamed then why are you even bothering on commenting on my lost saga streaming idea? its not worth your time. In a survival of the fittest scenario lost saga is limping but still alive thus it has every right to keep fighting, when this game closes down and they say "NA will no longer be hosted as a server" then you can say your statement but until then step aside and let people who still care about something do their thing.
    You are arguing an "Ends justify the Means" ethos, the problem is that applying that rational as-is means that Lost Saga MUST fail because it is CURRENTLY failing.
    It has NOTHING to do with my feelings on the matter, because I had not EXPRESSED my feelings on the matter. This is your own argumentation and nothing more. I've been very clear on when I've expressed my own personal feelings, like saying that I [personally] do not think of Lost Saga as a fighter but as a party game.

I would adore for Lost Saga to thrive, I even have a vested interest in it doing so, but I will not aid a cause so flawed. I will not join a plan bound to fail. If your ideas are so fragile as to crack from merely my criticism, then nothing will come of them.

Screw off about pride, everythings not about me nor you its about everyone else,
    I wanted to single this part out because you need to understand how wrong this is.
    It's about LEADERSHIP. You know, that thing they probably encouraged you to do at Youth Camp?
    Yes, it actually IS about [you]. Because [you] will be at the center of this as the organizer. [You] must be steadfast and able to endure any complications of your plan, or your plan will fall apart. People will not achieve your goal on their own, that should be obvious by the state LS' community is in. If you WANT the change, you will have to MAKE it. But likewise this also means you are thrust into the spotlight of that change.
    The flaws in your leadership will fray the very roots of your plan. Every time I've taken action in this community it has succeeded [without question], because everyone understood I was in control of it. Dawn can attest to the amount of control I had over the blackout, I kept EVERYONE in line until it happened and it worked [better] than I could have anticipated. Without my leadership, every single plan I put forth would have failed and fallen apart by sheer dissonance between those involved.
    This is also WHY I did not often act, because I only acted when I could be sure the plan will succeed.

You aren't simply important, you are the [pivotal] element. You are the very fulcrum on which your plans will either succeed or fail.

Now that i really think about it, the only time you even have anything to say is when you can spark an arguement so you can flex your intellect at a dead forum? theres like 40 active forumers and uve argued with atleast half of them.
    1. Dude just look through the forums. There are plenty of comments I've made that should not start a fight in the last few pages. Just look at Swoonis' contest. What you're experiencing is simply a difference in exposure.
    When I do get into an argument, it tends to be a big argument with someone pretentious. When the person I argue with does NOT hold such pretenses, then it's a 1~2 comment exchange then it's over.
    2. "argued atleast half of them" Wait wait wait...What active forumer have I not argued with? I am offended at this accusation! WHO AM I FORGETTING!? MOMMY HEART DOESN'T WANT TO LEAVE ANY CHILD UNCARED FOR!

And by your knowledge every king in history is pitiful.
    Solomon, David, Alexander the Great, Amenhotep the Third, Djoser, and so on. There have been many great Kings that did not compromise their integrity that I can think of. There have also been Queens such the same(IE Catherine the Great), but you said King so I stuck with it.

Now that I think on it, what truly is your purpose of even lurking through the forums? You dont seem to like this game at all the way you speak on it.
    If I destroy maple story and lost saga takes all of its community then it happens, I can care less on anyones view of my integrity, if this game became a multi billion dollar game from my actions, who cares about some forumers opinion on my integrity. Your own integrity is in question.

Like honestly what is your goal really? Arent you supposed to be making some amazing game like -cough cough- Black claimed he would? shouldnt you be doing that instead of argueing with people you dont even care about? Go make your game already, if this game isnt worth time anymore stop wasting your own time trying to tell us why it isn't go make your game and SHOW us why it isnt.
    1. How does any of that bring my integrity into question exactly?

2. You'd be challenged to find someone who DOES enjoy Lost Saga in it's current form. Even most of the daily players will quickly admit that it is deeply flawed. Pointing out those flaws does not mean I do not like the game at it's core. I mean mario party is pretty flawed garbage, but that doesn't mean I dislike mario party as a whole...Just 10...Because 10 is garbage.

3. My purpose here is simple; to talk with the people who post here. What more purpose do I need to post in a forum?

4. Your timing to question the development of my game is hilariously poor, actually not that far from the first public release. However, I've never claimed the game would be amazing. In fact I've strictly said the opposite. It is intent on pushing the engine it's built on to it's absolute limits, nothing more. That being said...I can definitely say it's far more proper Fighter than Lost Saga, if I wanted to set my personal bar on the dirt floor. It already had crouch functionality, more than one attack button, functional gravity&weather&physics systems, functional weapon&outfit weight systems affecting said physics, and hilariously despite having only a fraction of her intended move roster; Kellette already has more attacks than most heroes in Lost Saga.

ALSO Lost saga is a fighting game.
    - It presents the player the ability to control a character or object able to strike and block
    - The player is not forced to rely on only one move or ability to win against the opponent.
    -Players must use their own skill and knowledge to overpower or outsmart their opponent.
    -The purpose of the game is to fight until either the player or the opponent is unable to fight back.

I can see how you are able to call it a party game though.
    Power stone and such, but even in these game modes the objective is still similar.
    See the problem with that definition is that...Vindictus is a better Fighting game than Lost Saga. Infact you could even count Wolfteam as a fighting game by that definition.
    Also there are some Sonic Shuffle/Mario Party minigames that fit perfectly into those definitions. You've made the definition so broad that it's kinda pointless to even have them.

TO THE NEPTUNIA RPG:
    If we were going simply by first impressions of the game. It would be the latter. The very fact that when I type in the games name I only see pictures of anime girls naked (CENSORED but they pushed it as far as they can go) or wearing the barest of underwear. and I dont even need to add an ecchi or hentai tag to it. Judging the book by its cover I can simply say its something i just flat out expect from japan. Thats the best way I can put it. "Oh.. its from japan... anime inspired.... better get lotion" is a phrase id expect to hear from someone googling the game. I pray these girls are 18.
    Some of them are hundreds of years old(ie Neptune/Histoire/Vert). Some of them are in their 20s (IF&Compa), and some are in their teens(Nepgear/Uni). Some are even pre-teen(Rom/Ram/Peashy). Not sure why age would matter for this.
    Last edited by CorMeumCard; 21-07-17 at 01:21 AM.

The FGC scoffs at labeling Smash a fighting game, LS wouldn't stand a chance at that label. It's in its own little niche fighting genre, I guess I would label it arena fighter but it's not a true fighter
    "If you wasn't here I probably wouldn't be alive today. The fact that you're here and doin' as well as you're doin' gives me-what do you call it-motivization to stay alive. Little by little we lose our friends, we lose everything. We keep losin' and losin' till we say you know, 'Oh what the hell am I livin' around here for? I got not reason to go on.' But with you kid, I got a reason to go on. And I'm gonna stay alive and I will watch you make good."
    http://www.youtube.com/c/takuyasugi

Quote Originally Posted by [MOD]TakuyaSugiLS View Post
    arena fighter
    This
    Nintendork's babby fighter is more of a fighter than LS
    Currently the worst player ever
    IGN: Tellus PM me if you need anything

I dont see it happening. Not many want to stay and keep playing Lost Saga for reasons

Also hi everyone. I keep disappearing and reappearing....god i hate miramar internet service
    Yoh

If im not on LS, I'm on my PS4

Maybe new players will stop quitting a month in when all these uniques get major nerfs. Meph wings is easily one of the most cancer, annoying, and OP gears in the game. Sure, certain gears can counter it, but most of the gears that can stop the skill are blocked by Wanderer's helm, which people are now using often with Meph's wings. Sure, there are defensive gears that can block the fireballs, but who wants to sit around playing defense in a fighting game? On top of that, you have to sit through cooldown again before you can use a more useful skill, and by then the skilless Meph player has their wings charged up again. That is bull. The idea for the gear was stupid from the start. Make that trash blockable like Uriel's fireballs. Don't see why it'd be so hard, considering it's a prime reason for most rooms having "xUnique" in the title. And those that allow uniques slowly has players rage quitting one by one. How are new players going to enjoy the game when not even veterans can?

Quote Originally Posted by m2638830 View Post
    but who wants to sit around playing defense in a fighting game?
    The answer you are looking for is: Anyone playing a competitive fighting game.