Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    891

    Default

    When your opponent is planning to swap combo you to death, I think it's fair game to strip them.
    BIG GUY: SWOONIS

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashis View Post
    When your opponent is planning to swap combo you to death, I think it's fair game to strip them.
    But the logical conclusion after that is to swap combo THEM to death AFTER you've stripped them.
    So it's kind of empty justification.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaltCard View Post
    But the logical conclusion after that is to swap combo THEM to death AFTER you've stripped them.
    So it's kind of empty justification.
    From a pure optimal play standpoint, you're correct, I've even been put in kill combos that double strip.
    BIG GUY: SWOONIS

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    14

    Default

    simple solution is to not let the stripped gears disappear till the battle ends - (which i think is already a thing in kls ladder)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GREVO View Post
    simple solution is to not let the stripped gears disappear till the battle ends - (which i think is already a thing in kls ladder)
    That, in some ways, actually puts the stripped play MORE at a disadvantage because then tactics MUST revolve around the re-acquisition of the removed gear.
    Essentially, the stripped gear has now become an batting cage for you to throw yourself into and see if you get past the batter without getting your face smashed in out of the park.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaltCard View Post
    That, in some ways, actually puts the stripped play MORE at a disadvantage because then tactics MUST revolve around the re-acquisition of the removed gear.
    Essentially, the stripped gear has now become an batting cage for you to throw yourself into and see if you get past the batter without getting your face smashed in out of the park.
    I disagree. All you need to do is knock your opponent down once and you can get your gear back without punishment.
    BIG GUY: SWOONIS

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Why would you want to know where i live? *stare*
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashis View Post
    I disagree. All you need to do is knock your opponent down once and you can get your gear back without punishment.
    it really depends on what your enemy has going for them if they have an arcane robe on you need to make sure that are knocked down a good distance away from the armor or you might end up dead attempting to get the gear back
    not to mention other gears which make knocking the person down in the first place a hassle
    I dun wanna tell you my Ign.
    I hope there comes a time, when I'm well enough known that people will know me anyway.
    Until then I hope to Meet you on the Battle Field it should be fun =3

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashis View Post
    I disagree. All you need to do is knock your opponent down once and you can get your gear back without punishment.
    I throw a baseball at your face while you're holding a bat at the ready.
    I throw a baseball at your face while you're running to first base.
    Are you more ready to deal with the ball you know is coming and the exact direction it's coming from, or the one you don't?

    "All you need to do" is completely out-manuever the person who can swap to an uncountable number of gear combinations in less than a second in a way that also they can't turn to their advantage with any recovery WHILE they are EXPECTING you to try and do exactly that because they are GUARDING your only means of regaining equal footing.
    That's "All you need to do".

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    On the throne at the feet of God
    Posts
    285

    Default

    This is just how i personally feel.

    This is coming from somebody whos been here from day one and i still prefer the 1 hero playstyle.
    Strip my hero, im fine with a weapon. I feel like honestly, if you have a hero in your rostor, take the time to atleast get down the simple basics of that character to combat this certain said situation. I main phantomblade who has the ability to transform into a fast moving character and my hold D makes me partially untouchable. So you can run, i can chase, You can wait til sd to mephisto, but ill be in phantom mode to soak up what I can.
    Stripping is just a tactic, and tactics are acceptable. No great warrior yelled out to their opponent "ITS NOT FAIR YOU SLICED OFF MY HAND WHEN I TRIED TO STAB YOU IN THE HEART! WAIT TIL I GET MY HAND BACK IN PLACE THEN WE CAN CONTINUE."

    Train yourself to be ready for things like that, I keep heros with similar playstyles or simple mechanics besides my devil and phantom. just in case i fat finger swap and get put in the bad situation.



    I will say this though. If you strip your opponent down and FLEE from them, you honestly deserve a hot press iron to the fingers. Thats just too much now, Just like people who learn only kill combos, it defeats the fun of the game, the rush of the gameplay if your mindset is simply "Ill wait for this armor skill to load and thats gg, i have a 100% hp draining swap combo"

    Basically this


    Strip + fights you head on = fine
    Strip + flee = Theres a special place in hell for people like this
    Strip + Infinite/Death Combo = You are the reason people stop having fun with the game.


    THESE ARE MY O P I N I O N S you dont have to agree with me. Its just how i feel based on my history of this game.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    318

    Default

    They come in to a room with the intent on playing
    Stripping their gears hinders their ability to play
    Hindering their ability to play makes them not want to play
    Making them not want to play makes them salty because they want to play.

    Me, I couldn't care in the slightest being stripped or stripping.

    Remember OGP, when **** was new and fun
    Heroes felt original to everyone ~
    Now look at LS now, nothing but a cash cow
    Uniques and gears are all that count~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •