Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1

    Smile players with integrity

    This is an invitation to those that want to play without the use of broken heroes or epic gears. Essentially this will be an alternative community where we play on our own terms. If you're interested, add me in-game.
    IGN: stonewolf

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I mean...You can just turn epic gears off via custom mode. So the real question is; what heroes do you consider broken?
    Or rather, how much power are you willing to let people use?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    what of their terms is a mephisto with crappy gear
    Ign: Droughboi
    "You just pushed my competitive button, and now it's on"
    Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPQwr6s623uyS6R-MxwedMg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droughboi View Post
    what of their terms is a mephisto with crappy gear
    1. You wanna try that statement again? I think you're uh...Missing some words.
    2. Incase you mean "if their terms"; Why bring up Mephisto?
    If you're going for bad heroes, there are certainly worse to mention. If you're going for OP heroes(contrasting with crappy gear)...Why bring up Mephisto?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    None Ya Business >;v
    Posts
    5

    Default

    it seems like a lot of people have a problem with mephisto since literally the day hes been out someone always is mentioning him directly or indirectly.
    Could Never Play Me Cuz I'm Single~!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzealiaBanks View Post
    it seems like a lot of people have a problem with mephisto since literally the day hes been out someone always is mentioning him directly or indirectly.
    That's because Mephisto is a counter to heavy combos, which people are exceedingly reliant on.
    If you fight Mephisto using burst damage...It's mediocre at best.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    879

    Default

    The community is laughably small. A private community within LS would have like what? 5 members?
    BIG GUY: SWOONIS

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashis View Post
    The community is laughably small. A private community within LS would have like what? 5 members?
    So basically the list of active forumers?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorMeumCard View Post
    1. You wanna try that statement again? I think you're uh...Missing some words.
    2. Incase you mean "if their terms"; Why bring up Mephisto?
    If you're going for bad heroes, there are certainly worse to mention. If you're going for OP heroes(contrasting with crappy gear)...Why bring up Mephisto?
    Eh... Not really. You clearly got the message so why bother? Wasn't it just one word? One letter actually, and It was obviously a typo. I use my phone to post on the forums and I don't really care about spelling or grammar or anything else because it's just not important to me here.
    I said Mephisto because I like the character, and I know some people hate it. Why does the hero in my example matter? Would It have been any different if I had said some other character that people like/don't like? Why you so ew all the time? Go... go outside and enjoy the sun or something. I post once every like 2-3 weeks and I don't wanna be talking to you when I do. You're always acting crazy. Leave me alone lady.
    Ign: Droughboi
    "You just pushed my competitive button, and now it's on"
    Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPQwr6s623uyS6R-MxwedMg

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droughboi View Post
    Eh... Not really. You clearly got the message so why bother? Wasn't it just one word? One letter actually, and It was obviously a typo. I use my phone to post on the forums and I don't really care about spelling or grammar or anything else because it's just not important to me here.
    Touched a nerve, did I? Look if you wanna be clear, then make sure you're clear. If you don't mind NOT being clear, then why are you getting upset over not being clear?
    Using your phone isn't even a valid excuse for making a typo. You still could have SEEN and CORRECTED it same as a computer. Oh, was it auto-correct's fault? Then don't use Autocorrect.
    I do not prefer to assume anyone's intentions, regardless of if I know them or not. I cover my grounds when I speak. It was your mistake, taking it out on me doesn't change that fact.

    ADDENDUM: Also it's only "just one word/letter" if the 2nd case is true. Because "What of their conditions" is actually a perfectly correct way to start a sentence that gives context and subject to the statement. So either you had meant "what IF their conditions are X?" or you could have meant "what of their conditions IF they are X?" There are two similar but radically different statements with different connotations to the question itself.



    Quote Originally Posted by Droughboi View Post
    I said Mephisto because I like the character, and I know some people hate it. Why does the hero in my example matter?
    "God I hate citrus fruits. Like Apples."
    "But apples aren't citrus."
    "WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT FRUIT I LISTED!?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Droughboi View Post
    Would It have been any different if I had said some other character that people like/don't like?
    Yes. Yes it would. Because the point is that your example is [bad] because it doesn't make much sense.
    If you had said "A Strider with bad gears" then it informs that the standard is "Good hero contrasted by Bad gears". If you had said "A TKM with bad gears" then the standard is informed as "Bad hero complimented by furtherly Bad gears."
    But you said Mephisto. That brings the standard to "A Mediocre Gimmicky Hero, in a situation where his Gimmicky won't be utilized, equipped with Bad gears." And that is an AWKWARD standard to have, it's barely coherent.


    Quote Originally Posted by Droughboi View Post
    Why you so ew all the time? Go... go outside and enjoy the sun or something. I post once every like 2-3 weeks and I don't wanna be talking to you when I do. You're always acting crazy. Leave me alone lady.
    If you don't wanna be talking to me, then don't. You're the one who chose to talk to me. If you post in these forums, and I have something to say...I will say it. If you don't like that, then don't post in the forums.
    Out of curiosity, what do you mean by me being "ew all the time"? I have a hunch that, if you used more clear wording here, I would happily agree with the sentiment.
    Heck, why don't you "go outside and enjoy the sun" instead of getting all frayed over what I said?

    ADDENDUM : Also bare in mind that your first post in this thread is replying to ME. A bit hypocritical to tell me to leave you alone when you were the one responding to me. You can't suggest that your first post ISN'T a reply to mine, because if not then it is incoherent babbling with no context to it. It only functions coherently as a response to my post, not to the OP itself.
    So rather than telling me to leave you alone, perhaps you should just leave me alone, yeah?
    Last edited by CorMeumCard; 15-07-17 at 06:56 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •