Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GumShoe View Post
    Crow Armor is undeniably overpowered, but is useless against high rankers who are prepared to counter it.

    Un-nerfed Crow Armor has far, far too many weaknesses for me to depend on it and use it frequently. If you don't take advantage of those weaknesses, then it proves to be problematic.
    You clearly have no idea how to use Un-nerfed Crow Armor and quite honestly I don't blame you for it.
    Crow Armor users merely use it for the sake of catching people but have you ever considered using it as a Damage Dealing armor?
    Literally, Instead of just spamming birds on your enemy. Why not try to time it so if they use their counter, you will catch them with the next crow?
    Forget that, If you properly time the bird spawning on your opponent in the air with 2 crows (about a second delay) you will deal drop damage once they hit the ground, talking 30 damage points on Dev.k in HQ if timed right and since you have 4, you can deal twice drop damage and don't you forget the stun hands at the crow spawn point that stun enemies, add that to someone like Hakumen or Viking and your enemy is dead.
    Counter is easy, but think of how stupid the look on your face will be when you think you outsmarted a player only for him to make the injury worse.
    (Talking generally at this point, not just to GumShoe)

    You can abuse plenty of things in this game, some even ironic because you didn't know about. The simplest example being WH youtuber kill combos that he posts every week on the simplest of gears. A person can only learn with the amount of content this game has.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiveranna View Post
    You clearly have no idea how to use Un-nerfed Crow Armor and quite honestly I don't blame you for it.
    That's an assumption you're making, just like the previous time you've made a post attempting to correct me.

    Yes, I am of course aware of how to take advantage of Crow Armor's offensive potential to its fullest. However, Crow Armor makes you vulnerable, and vulnerability is important to me in battle. Why use an armor skill that has a million counters to it and makes you vulnerable to attack, when I can use something else? It might work for you, against lower ranked players, but my guildies and I are prepared to counter the armor, which might be why you don't win faction battle against us. I actually anticipate that my opponents use Crow Armor in battle, it allows me to take advantage of their vulnerability and kill combo them, in consideration of the fact that Crow Armor mules can't equip Arcane Outfit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiveranna View Post
    Crow Armor users merely use it for the sake of catching people but have you ever considered using it as a Damage Dealing armor?
    Literally, Instead of just spamming birds on your enemy. Why not try to time it so if they use their counter, you will catch them with the next crow?
    Forget that, If you properly time the bird spawning on your opponent in the air with 2 crows (about a second delay) you will deal drop damage once they hit the ground, talking 30 damage points on Dev.k in HQ if timed right and since you have 4, you can deal twice drop damage and don't you forget the stun hands at the crow spawn point that stun enemies, add that to someone like Hakumen or Viking and your enemy is dead.
    Counter is easy, but think of how stupid the look on your face will be when you think you outsmarted a player only for him to make the injury worse.
    (Talking generally at this point, not just to GumShoe)
    Thanks for enlightening me with information I already knew but assumed I didn't.
    Last edited by GumShoe; 23-05-17 at 10:53 AM.
    IGN: GumShoe

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    The Bovine Pastures of Heiferville
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YukiAyumu View Post
    Honestly I would prefer it if people actually had to deal with their mistakes instead of having go to items that have near omnipotent counter power that are almost always available .... items like Gumino ears is fine is because they take time to charge even if you go all in on helm skill it's not a way out that will always be available not to mention they don't outright punish the enemy for fighting the enemy
    Hmmm...So in that, would you take issue with those folk whom heavily rely (I will also say depend), on defensive passives such as the D'art Hat, Safety Armor, Safety trinket, Clone Trinket, and Backshield, etc? Of the Hero's I've face, many were strapped with nothing but a combination of these gears. It really doesn't take much but the act of putting them together. I can do my best to prepare, out maneuver, out muscle, and even outwit my opponent, but the fact that these gears forgive them for their own failings will often lead to my own downfall in the end.

    As I said, it doesn't take much, and as these are non-active skills it is as simple as swapping once they've charged those active skills, then swapping back to said defensive passives. Basically, as I am reading from you, the opposition/player, not owning up to their own faults. While my thinking isn't fair toward all users of these gears, I have always read the usage of any passive combination (the application of multiple passive gears, especially three) as a crutch, a handicap, and not something worth bragging about...

    My absolute worse experience ever was an Admiral Yi, in Champ Mode, whom wore nothing but a D'Art Helm, Safter Armor, and a Backshield..
    Righteousness and honesty are valuable. I go knife raised into danger, without regret.
    For sake of my good buddies, I am prepared. I have no fear of death. Who would dare to challenge me? ~ (陸小鳳)

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    19

    Default

    With characters that transform completely rather than partially (Werewolf, Druid), they no longer have access to any passive gears and the best they can do is use arc helm or another defensive gear before they transform. Other transform heroes (Park, Yumira, Demon Samurai, Dark Knight) in their transformations are also unable to swap and have limited use of charged passive gears.

    With how quickly Crow Armor can be switched to and used, as well as it's range, how do these heroes fare against escaping such if caught, where even their weapon skills will be outdone?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GumShoe View Post
    That's an assumption you're making, just like the previous time you've made a post attempting to correct me.
    Yes, I made an assumption. I made it upon what I read, that's part of ignorance, human nature you may say. What about it?

    Quote Originally Posted by GumShoe View Post
    Crow Armor makes you vulnerable, and vulnerability is important to me in battle. Why use an armor skill that has a million counters to it and makes you vulnerable to attack, when I can use something else?
    Crow Armor does not leave you vulnerable at all unless you cannot use it. You have a pretty decent amount of invisibility frames upon each Crow cast that protects you from any attack that is not consistant/multi-hitting and if someone tries to approach you, the speed of the circle is fast enough for you to go to your standing point and cast a Crow, catching the person who tried to attack you. If you have enough reflexes. But I don't really have to tell this to you because you already know this, huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by GumShoe View Post
    It might work for you, against lower ranked players, but my guildies and I are prepared to counter the armor, which might be why you don't win faction battle against us. I actually anticipate that my opponents use Crow Armor in battle, it allows me to take advantage of their vulnerability and kill combo them, in consideration of the fact that Crow Armor mules can't equip Arcane Outfit.
    That's an assumption you're making, I do not play on your server (at least not anymore). Your server screenfreeze and lag is too much for my taste. And in the days I did, I never went near faction, "you don't win faction battle against us" is pretty bold of you to say to someone who doesn't even play faction. "Crow Armor mules" do not need Arcane Outfit to get out of a trippy situation if they either know how to use the armor properly or have a recovery skill/passive [that doesn't require them to use Arcane Outfit to swap].

    Quote Originally Posted by GumShoe View Post
    Thanks for enlightening me with information I already knew but assumed I didn't.
    You're most welcome.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Why would you want to know where i live? *stare*
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GumShoe View Post
    Sorry, I don't think Arcane Outfit nearly is nowhere near as OP as the absurdly powerful skills and heroes the developers have introduced into the game.

    Arcane robe is exactly as absurdly powerful as the skills and heroes the developers have introduced to the game BECAUSE it is instant access to them as well as any ways out attached to them including potentially another arcane robe
    the only actual limit to the gear is what gear the character roster of your opponent has as well as their stats which is well over 100 possibilities something that is actually absurd to expect someone to prepare for without having the same power

    UmbrellaCow: you are correct although safety trinket isn't really much of a problem because it doesn't really punish the attacker as much as saves the defender as well as it doesn't come back very fast either but gear like D'art helm gives the defender priority in most situations to attack the attacker due to ending animations on most attacks not to mention it charges fairly quickly in battle and has multiple uses the most obnoxious set i could think of is saftey armor+ E lazor helm+ clone cape if you put that set on a high defense character(especially on admiral yi or mephisto who have passive escapes that also combo the enemy) it's ridiculous you're likely to die just trying to hurt them but your only choices are to rush them down before the cooldowns come back or to wait till SD

    Blackjew: the beauty of this game is that there are a large amount of gear available which allows you to deal with a multitude of situations Capo helm is a fast loading skill that can activate while you are grounded it only has that one use but it can save you from a grounded combo even if a 100 attack terra vs a 100/2 skill terra the 2 quick loading skills focused on setting up a kill combo are -
    1: not going to do enough damage to kill the enemy without letting them touch the ground at least once
    2: not going to load faster than a gear like capo helm (which loads relatively quickly and counters status like grounded )
    not to mention in a fight like that the terra with skill charge also doesn't have defense so the high attack terra will only need to get them once maybe twice
    mind you the skill based terra could also get the attack Terra in actual combat but that's the balance of combat the fight could go either way
    things also get more complicated the higher stats go but as far as only 100 to 100s goes i'd say it's balanced enough
    I dun wanna tell you my Ign.
    I hope there comes a time, when I'm well enough known that people will know me anyway.
    Until then I hope to Meet you on the Battle Field it should be fun =3

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiveranna View Post
    Yes, I made an assumption. I made it upon what I read, that's part of ignorance, human nature you may say. What about it?



    Crow Armor does not leave you vulnerable at all unless you cannot use it. You have a 'pretty decent' amount of invisibility frames upon each Crow cast that protects you from any attack that is not consistant/multi-hitting (This would imply that if the skill is in fact 'consistent/multi-hitting', you're screwed regardless) and if someone tries to approach you, the speed of the circle is fast enough for you to go to your standing point and cast a Crow, catching the person who tried to attack you. If you have enough reflexes. But I don't really have to tell this to you because you already know this, huh?
    You just contradicted yourself with your own words. You're telling me it won't leave me vulnerable "if I know how to use it", yet proceed to say If player uses a skill like Mephisto Wings or Sasinmu Jin weapon skill, I'm screwed.

    Good job, you did the arguing for me. I commend you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiveranna View Post
    "Crow Armor mules" do not need Arcane Outfit to get out of a trippy situation if they either "know how to use the armor properly" or have a recovery skill/passive [that doesn't require them to use Arcane Outfit to swap.

    You're most welcome.
    Oh look, it's the same contradiction again! Remember when you made this statement?:

    it protects you from any attack that is not consistant/multi-hitting
    I remember. There are many examples of these skills. Jin Sasinmu's weapon skill and Mephisto Wings are great examples because how deadly they can be, and how often they're used, which is why I rarely use Crow armor ever, and it has nothing to do with me "not being able to use it", I don't understand why you continue to insist that this is the case, after the fact of acknowledging that "knowing how to use it" won't protect players against most skills.

    You're entire allegation is constructed on the notion that I don't know how to use Crow Armor, which is why it has weaknesses such as vulnerability frames, despite this being contradicted by your own acknowledgement that it does have numerous frames of vulnerability, particularly against multi-attack skills, which makes your allegation against me false.

    Once again, I simply believe this is a huge competitive flaw, in addition to millions of counters to Crow armor, which is why I don't use it very often at all. You don't have to believe me, nor do you have to change what you use. Your argument is just pointless and it contradicts itself, which makes it more pointless to even respond to.
    Last edited by GumShoe; 25-05-17 at 03:18 PM.
    IGN: GumShoe

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YukiAyumu View Post
    Blackjew: the beauty of this game is that there are a large amount of gear available which allows you to deal with a multitude of situations Capo helm is a fast loading skill that can activate while you are grounded it only has that one use but it can save you from a grounded combo even if a 100 attack terra vs a 100/2 skill terra the 2 quick loading skills focused on setting up a kill combo are -
    1: not going to do enough damage to kill the enemy without letting them touch the ground at least once
    2: not going to load faster than a gear like capo helm (which loads relatively quickly and counters status like grounded )
    not to mention in a fight like that the terra with skill charge also doesn't have defense so the high attack terra will only need to get them once maybe twice
    mind you the skill based terra could also get the attack Terra in actual combat but that's the balance of combat the fight could go either way
    things also get more complicated the higher stats go but as far as only 100 to 100s goes i'd say it's balanced enough
    then wats stopping the skill terra to use gears to counter capo helm or the str fighting style terra? dmr, monk robe, fire orb all load extremely fast for example. additionally, after being caught, the skill terra can swap to other heros to continue the kill combo meanwhile the str terra is stuck on a capo helm

    we can do mirror matches on anyhero n if im using the skill set, i can 3-0 u everytime.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Why would you want to know where i live? *stare*
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackjew View Post
    then wats stopping the skill terra to use gears to counter capo helm or the str fighting style terra? dmr, monk robe, fire orb all load extremely fast for example. additionally, after being caught, the skill terra can swap to other heros to continue the kill combo meanwhile the str terra is stuck on a capo helm

    we can do mirror matches on anyhero n if im using the skill set, i can 3-0 u everytime.
    nothing stops it from trying to but if it loses the skills for it's kill combo it's not going to kill the attack terra as fast which was the point of it having kill combo gears?
    okay but the attack terra could just swap to the skill mules it has? which makes the whole argument invalid (you know attack terra vs skill terra the whole reason for the conversation~)

    if we are doing a mirror match and you swap it's no longer a mirror match? (not to mention in this game 3-0ing anyone doesn't matter as literally everyone can do it to everyone else)
    i feel like you realized at some point 100 vs 100s is a pretty even fight and gave up your argument completely
    I dun wanna tell you my Ign.
    I hope there comes a time, when I'm well enough known that people will know me anyway.
    Until then I hope to Meet you on the Battle Field it should be fun =3

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YukiAyumu View Post
    nothing stops it from trying to but if it loses the skills for it's kill combo it's not going to kill the attack terra as fast which was the point of it having kill combo gears?
    okay but the attack terra could just swap to the skill mules it has? which makes the whole argument invalid (you know attack terra vs skill terra the whole reason for the conversation~)

    if we are doing a mirror match and you swap it's no longer a mirror match? (not to mention in this game 3-0ing anyone doesn't matter as literally everyone can do it to everyone else)
    i feel like you realized at some point 100 vs 100s is a pretty even fight and gave up your argument completely
    the attack terra cud swap to its skill mule but the skills wont load as fast if the attack terra is using passive gears. additionally, it will have less of an ability to catch the skill terra with skills while using terra.

    it is still a mirror match if the main hero u r using is terra. imo the definition of mirror matches in ls is different from other kinds of fighting games becuz of our added ability to swap to mules. obviously i see the problem with this definition becuz "at wat line do heros stop being a mule". im not gonna bother debating that topic therefore I will just mirror match u with terra alone. the set ill use will probably be something like monk robe, galaxy star (the star gear that makes u spin), and ER, but it will mostly depend on wat ur gear setup will look like.

    n yes im not trying to settle this debate on the forums when it is much easier to show u.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •