Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Is Crow Armor Overpowered?

Made a strawpoll out of boredom and curiosity of what the community thinks about one of the gears that has been getting high usage in the current meta. That armor is Crow Armor. If you don't know what Crow Armor skill does, you either have been living under a rock or you've been hit without knowing what gear the skill comes from.

The crow armor skill, Crowfire, is a skill that allows the user to summon 4 massive crows to emerge from the ground and ascend into the sky. when hit, the player is launched extremely high into the air, sometimes even causing the camera to lose track of the player, and quickly descend to the ground, upon hitting the ground with a hard slam, the player is then afflicted with a slowing status and continuously flinched with shadows and then the victim faints. This happens with just one hit mind you.

This is not the only issue with this skill. One main problem with the skill is extremely fast and forgiving for the user. There is no warning or indication of a crow about to emerge from the ground, the crow emerges immediately upon pressing the attack key and the victim is launched within half a second. This skill is also forgiving as it provides three more massive crows if you happen to miss your enemy. Not only that, but the invincibility frames on this skill is ridiculous. If your teammate is hit by this skill, Trying to save them can leave you a victim to either the hands of the shadows after the crow emerges or a ragdoll tossed helplessly into the air. Trying to hit the player aiming their crows can result in a waste of skills on your end, so this armor is also an excellent counter to other skills.

Once more, this skill allows for ridiculous damaging stacking with other skills or heroes, the automatic pickup and constant flinching from the hands along with slow status makes your enemy helpless.

Now let's talk about possible skills to counter crow armor skill.
    Gumiho ears is an obvious choice, but one must be wary of the other crows that can emerge and the shadow traps left by the crows.
    Half-faint counter gears (skills that can be used when getting hit.) can be somewhat useful, but usually these same gears leave the player rather stationary. Medic weapon skill, gladiator weapon skill, and earth mage helm evo, (though I have been using this one the most.) are all going to stop the flinching for a second but you will still take the rest of the hits and you'll also be slowed down anyways so escaping is still extremely tough, not to mention, the shadow traps can be stacked on top of one another.
    Nephilim helm is a joke against this skill.

Trying to use an air recovery skill like monk robe or chi master robe (lol) will still result in a descent to your death.

If anyone has some reliable or semi-reliable counters to this skill, please post them below.
    So what do you think? Is Crow Armor overpowered? Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/13017510
    Mother: Saiki
    Father: Knuck

very happy to see bad players asking for advice! the armor's HARD counters r dart helm, hawk eye helm, sapper helm, dmr evo etc

Crow Armor is undeniably overpowered, but is useless against high rankers who are prepared to counter it.

1. 80% of the time, I'm able to counter Crow Armor with D'art Hat and escape with ease.
    2. If my D'art hat isn't charged, which is pretty rare, I use Mephisto Hold D to escape and counter it
    3. If option 1 and 2 aren't charged, I swap to Baek-Helm-Gladiator-Evo which allows you to escape it with ease.
    4. If option 1 and 2 aren't charged, and it's too risky to use my Arcane gauge to swap to BHGE (which has no defense), I simply choose not to counter it at all. It won't hurt me unless they attack me with a powerful skill during the long stun sequence, or use viking attacks, which I can then 5. Use a half feint counter to escape that, or 6. Priest trinket for longer invincibility post-usage.
    7. Sometimes I choose not to counter it at all, even if I can counter it with something that doesn't require skill usage; I simply don't believe it's worth recovering from crow armor sometimes.

I don't feel it's necessary to use something like Gumiho Ears to counter it; that would be a final resort for me. There are many counters to it that won't even require skill usage. Un-nerfed Crow Armor has far, far too many weaknesses for me to depend on it and use it frequently. If you don't take advantage of those weaknesses, then it proves to be problematic.
    Last edited by GumShoe; 23-05-17 at 07:52 AM.
    IGN: GumShoe

Why would you want to know where i live? *stare*

Quote Originally Posted by GumShoe View Post
    Crow Armor is undeniably overpowered, but is useless against high rankers who are prepared to counter it.

1. 80% of the time, I'm able to counter Crow Armor with D'art Hat and escape with ease.
    2. If my D'art hat isn't charged, which is pretty rare, I use Mephisto Hold D to escape and counter it
    3. If option 1 and 2 aren't charged, I swap to Baek-Helm-Gladiator-Evo which allows you to escape it with ease.
    4. If option 1 and 2 aren't charged, and it's too risky to use my Arcane gauge to swap to BHGE (which has no defense), I simply choose not to counter it at all. It won't hurt me unless I they attack me with a powerful skill during the long stun sequence, or use viking attacks, which I can then 5. Use a half feint counter to escape that, or 6. Priest trinket for longer invincibility post-usage.
    7. Sometimes I choose not to counter it at all, even if I can counter it with Mephisto hold D.

I don't feel it's necessary to use something like Gumiho Ears to counter it; that would be a final resort for me. There are many counters to it that won't even require skill usage. Un-nerfed Crow Armor has far, far too many weaknesses for me to depend on it and use it frequently. If you don't take advantage of those weaknesses, then it proves to be problematic.
    ignoring the d'art helm/baek helm because they have their own barrel of issues (mostly with cooldown )
    this is the issue with arcane robe it gives you the power to use every character on your roster to counter just about everything at just about any point including something small like being knocked off a cliff (or stumbling off a cliff yourself)
    and the only counter for it is to use a gear that doesn't let you stay in combat if you want to charge it or to wear one yourself so that you can swap to another character to counter the counter (there is also sorcerer book but the range isn't great and the base cooldown is high)

a normal character in this situation would have 1 maybe 2 ways out even so gumshoe's point is right there are allot of options out of it and if it feels really strong to you it's likely that you'd equip at least one option to counter it
    I dun wanna tell you my Ign.
    I hope there comes a time, when I'm well enough known that people will know me anyway.
    Until then I hope to Meet you on the Battle Field it should be fun =3

Quote Originally Posted by YukiAyumu View Post
    ignoring the d'art helm/baek helm because they have their own barrel of issues (mostly with cooldown )
    this is the issue with arcane robe it gives you the power to use every character on your roster to counter just about everything at just about any point including something small like being knocked off a cliff (or stumbling off a cliff yourself)
    and the only counter for it is to use a gear that doesn't let you stay in combat if you want to charge it or to wear one yourself so that you can swap to another character to counter the counter (there is also sorcerer book but the range isn't great and the base cooldown is high)

a normal character in this situation would have 1 maybe 2 ways out even so gumshoe's point is right there are allot of options out of it and if it feels really strong to you it's likely that you'd equip at least one option to counter it
    so u have a problem with the fact that everything in the game can be countered?

Quote Originally Posted by blackjew View Post
    so u have a problem with the fact that everything in the game can be countered?
    no just the fact that one gear can counter over 80percent of everything~ including but not limited to self inflicted mistakes
    Last edited by YukiAyumu; 23-05-17 at 02:31 AM.
    I hope there comes a time, when I'm well enough known that people will know me anyway.

no just the fact that one gear can counter over 80percent of everything~ including but not limited to self inflicted mistakes
    actually arcane armor doesnt counter anything, its other gears that counter everything. if arcane armor is removed from the game, wats stopping ppl from using another set of gears that counters everything?

as a side note, if arcane armor is removed, it wud be disadvantageous to stat ur main heros full str, def, or spd.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjew View Post
    actually arcane armor doesnt counter anything, its other gears that counter everything. if arcane armor is removed from the game, wats stopping ppl from using another set of gears that counters everything?

as a side note, if arcane armor is removed, it wud be disadvantageous to stat ur main heros full str, def, or spd.
    but you wouldn't have access to the other gears in a moments notice after you get tackled by another player which can currently only be done via Arcane robe

how many gears passively counter just about everything even d'art helm has it's limits (even though it would be nice if that was nerfed)
    but arcane robe has no real weakness even if it had extremely low defense it can cancle most combos just by switching to a passive like Baek headband/SFberet/tigertail/Taekwondo headband/Football helmit/Iron knight armor/backshield ect without even using a skill with skills it can flip a battle on it's head in a moment arcane robe is pretty much every hero and gear at the same time it's just a matter of when and what

disadvantageous? *looks over at Terra with capped defense like 80 dex 120 attack 60ish speed *
    I'm going to have to disagree

the only thing disadvantageous is statting characters that you don't plan to actually use and that only goes as far as defense dex and speed because swap combos still exist course thats even not exactly true if someone counters your kill combo you might want defense or dex

Honestly i would prefer it if people actually had to deal with their mistakes instead of having go to items that have near omnipotent counter power that are almost always available
    the reason items like Gumino ears is fine is because they take time to charge even if you go all in on helm skill it's not a way out that will always be available not to mention they don't outright punish the enemy for fighting the enemy

but you wouldn't have access to the other gears in a moments notice after you get tackled by another player which can currently only be done via Arcane robe

how many gears passively counter just about everything even d'art helm has it's limits (even though it would be nice if that was nerfed)
    but arcane robe has no real weakness even if it had extremely low defense it can cancle most combos just by switching to a passive like Baek headband/SFberet/tigertail/Taekwondo headband/Football helmit/Iron knight armor/backshield ect without even using a skill with skills it can flip a battle on it's head in a moment arcane robe is pretty much every hero and gear at the same time it's just a matter of when and what

disadvantageous? *looks over at Terra with capped defense like 80 dex 120 attack 60ish speed *
    I'm going to have to disagree

the only thing disadvantageous is statting characters that you don't plan to actually use and that only goes as far as defense dex and speed because swap combos still exist course thats even not exactly true if someone counters your kill combo you might want defense or dex

Honestly i would prefer it if people actually had to deal with their mistakes instead of having go to items that have near omnipotent counter power that are almost always available
    the reason items like Gumino ears is fine is because they take time to charge even if you go all in on helm skill it's not a way out that will always be available not to mention they don't outright punish the enemy for fighting the enemy
    the weakness of arc robe stems from the gears n heros that the person swaps to. arc armor adds way more layers to the mind game aspect of LS. it makes mistakes less glaring but any good player will be able to spot when some1 does a exploitable arc armor swap or when a certain move is not punishable by arc armor swaps.

in a world without arc armor example:
    terra w 100 str vs terra w 100 armor/helm n 100 trinklet
    in this scenario, if the 2 terra trade blows for blow, the 100 str wins but the terra with skill build will be able to catch the other terra in a skill kill combo. so instead of fighting, the skill terra can play passively(blocking n walking) to wait for skills then kill combo the 100 str terra. without arc armor, the terra cannot swap to a recovery mule n without high stats on recovery skills such as gumiho or jin trinklet, the recoveries will not load in time vs the skill terra.

the game isnt meant to be played on a single hero, becuz otherwise, the game wud be too dumb downed (speaking from personal experience: currently maining a hero w out arc armor)

Sorry, I don't think Arcane Outfit nearly is nowhere near as OP as the absurdly powerful skills and heroes the developers have introduced into the game.

Last edited by GumShoe; 23-05-17 at 07:57 AM.
    IGN: GumShoe