Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] 2017 LSNA 'Parkour Trials' Event!

Greetings Mercenaries!

The Lost Saga team has a new event to share with the community that we hope you will find interesting.

This event is dubbed "LSNA Parkour Trials" and will involve creating and submitting footage of your own hand-crafted parkour course!

Rules:

- Course must be made within your PERSONAL HQ only. Any courses submitted from a guild HQ will not qualify.
    - Creativity & difficulty are two key factors in designing a great course.
    - There is no limit on the number of blocks that can be used (other than the imposed limit by the game)
    - You must record & submit footage of yourself successfully completing the track. Preferably youtube links with 'LSNA Parkour Trials Submission' in the title.
    - Only (1) submission per person.
    - Please include your IGN in your post submission as well as your video.

Additional Rules [edited 3/27/2017]:

- Your created course should NOT require any specific gear to successfully complete. Please keep other players in mind when designing your course. For those that have already submitted courses that require special gears to complete, it is okay, we will gift all participants a timed gear to run your course if it wins unless you can provide your personal gear/hero.

Winning conditions:

- Winners will be selected by votes tallied from both the community and the Z8Games office.
    - The winner of this event will have their course showcased in [PART TWO] of the event; where we coordinate with the winner to have other players run the course for additional prizes! More info will be updated after the grand winner is selected.

Prizes:

1st Place - *Unique* Mephisto (permanent) + 20,000 ZP
    2nd Place - 15,000 ZP
    3rd Place - 10,000 ZP

SUBMISSION DEADLINE:

Sunday, April 2nd 2017

4/03/2017 EDIT: VOTING PERIOD WILL BEGIN APRIL 4th 2017 - More information to follow.

4/04/2017 EDIT: VOTE NOW! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YKCWKQ2

The top 3 winners have been revealed! View this official announcement --> http://lostsaga.z8games.com/announce...vent-vote-now/

Hello, and thank you for hosting this event. While this may be an unfamiliar contest idea, I still had a lot of fun with it, as I always do participating in these sort of events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUzWylPgTQ

My parkour course has a 'surprise' (though obvious) theme to it that makes a throwback to a classic level on an antique, highly renowned title. I chose this theme because I figured it'd be a great idea, which it most certainly proved to be.

I have established a set of rules for my course. There are six stages—one must maneuver themselves from the beginning of each stage, and onto to the ending platform. Players will be scored by how quickly they can complete the course, as well as the number of points amassed. The maximum number of points attainable is 2800. Time will count for 50% of one's score, while points will count for the other 50%.

Prize Block - Bump your head onto this type of block to obtain 200 points. You are limited to one bump for this sort of block

Block - This is a normal block. It is a mere platform, and nothing more.

Stage One - Begin your journey! Maneuver yourself from the first block and onto fourth green pipe. Once this task is complete, you must navigate yourself onto Stage Two, using the Vampire's Outfit gear, which will be provided to you.

Stage Two - Maneuver yourself from the first block onto the final block, and remember to get points for a higher score! Proceed to stage three.

Stage Three - Maneuver yourself from the first block onto the final prize block. Use Vampire's Outfit to proceed onto the next stage.

Stage Four - Maneuver yourself from the first block onto the final block. Proceed to Stage Five.

Stage Five - Maneuver yourself from the first green pipe, and onto the final green pipe. The Prize Block in this stage can be bumped twice. Proceed to Stage Six.

Stage Six - Congratulations! You've made it to the last stage. You must now climb to the highest point in this stage to complete the course.

??? - Bump the mystery block to obtain an additional 200 points.

Permits - To avoid potential abuse of various hero mechanics, players partaking in my course will be provided with Jin Sasinmu, and must remain on this hero throughout the course. Helmet and Trinket skill usage is not permitted (Zorro Hat being the only exception). Lastly, players will be provided Vampire's Outfit, which can only be used at the end of Stage One, as well as the end of Stage Three.

I wish the best of luck to all participants!~ This is a great and fun opportunity for us all to challenge our creative ability.
    Last edited by GumShoe; 27-03-17 at 03:39 AM.
    IGN: GumShoe

Reserved.
    Ign:Amatsuka
    Previously Retired, Currently semi-active

Reserved.
    Last edited by HeartCardian; 21-03-17 at 03:11 PM.

Default IGN: SeaI Capital i for the I

[entry reserved]

Reserved. IGN : Melicertes

So, the theme of my course starts off with the the Rare Hero Druid. It has a Forest that it protects, but a certain Hero(Black Spear) has just cursed it! This Curse has a myriad of effects--but the most obvious one is the fact that all Plant Life Druid touches while cursed, dies! Can't really protect a Forest when you're very presence is causing it harm. . . However, there IS still hope! Hope in the shape of a. . . Parkour Course? Right before Druid's powers were completely sealed by the Curse, she was able to create a bunch of Magic Platforms above the Forest! They just so happened to form into something similar to a Parkour Course. . . . Leaving that aside, Black Spear immediately fled to a nearby cave shortly after inflicting the Curse, and its now your job to chase after it, and save the Forest!

The Difficulty level of this course varies, as there are 3 possible paths you can take.

The Main Path: (Easy)

Very simple and straight forward. A straight line from the start of the course, to the end of the course. However, the real draw in this course is not simply completing the easy path only--The real charm resides in the other two paths/difficulties.

(Rules and Prizes further explained in the image at the end of this post)

Right Path: (Normal)

This path requires you to make some pretty tricky jumps, but its well worth it in the end. Landing on the 'Prize Block' in the lake will reward you with a Permenant Druid Cloak(Trinket)

Left Path: (Hard)

This path is by far the most difficult. The jumps and drops you have to do are quite finicky, and to make things worse--most of them are only 1 block wide! I guarentee you its worth the hassle in the long run, however. Reaching the 'Prize Block' on this path, will reward you with a Permenant Druid Circlet(Helmet)!

*Shoutout to GumShoe for the whole Prize Block idea! Though I took my own twist on it, rather than the retro game style point system she went with.

IGN: XexalSeyer
    Last edited by ArekusuReizu; 03-04-17 at 12:00 AM.

Reserved!

IGN: Stepho

Reserved!
    Ign: Delano
    Last edited by _ROPXJFSXX; 21-03-17 at 09:36 PM.
    Your Hades from the underworld looking out for the community above the surface~

Lost Saga North america Parkour contest
    IGN: Kraken
    from start at the Blue flag make your way through the parkour route
    to reach the Red flag sit in the chair to show completion of the parkour course.
    Parkour route guide: each body of floating platform must be touched (alternate floating grass blocks are for mages).
    Last edited by krackdown; 27-03-17 at 08:35 PM.