Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Various Unfinished / W.I.P.'s. pile

This thread will act as a place to display art I've possibly given up on, or put on hold for the forseeable future. I woudln't expect any kind of fancy presentation.

*the above art is of my Zeus. Her GD set is cosplaying a Zodiac from the (great) DS game "Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City".

Ayuu as I named my Zodiac from my EO3 playthrough (only ever got 3/5th's way through). Great game, though.

cutie lightning bolt eyes, I'd like to finish you some day.

EO 3 Zodiac:

In reference to a majority of Takuya Sugi's LS videos, I wanted to draw him and the HQ training robots--or rather "Robot Buddies". Started this a while ago, good couple of months. I like the idea of it, but I hit a wall in two places.

1. I wouldn't know what to draw Takuya as. I don't think he has any kind of iconic original look, so I'm stumped in regards to that.

2. I'm not so sure I want to do art of him anymore. I DM'd him on twitter back in February but never got a reply. Well, I don't really blame him too much considering a good chunk of this community seems to not like me for one reason or the other. Still really disappointed I wasn't at least acknowledged, though.

Not too long ago, like a month or two back, someone started up a thread asking fellow forumers to make up their own Hero Evo's. I saw the thread name, and actually read it incorrectly. Thought it was a thread about just heroes, of which I've had quite a few over the years. I quickly threw together a few "references"--just LQ paint sketches really, of one of my hero idea's.

"Librarian" , the first hero idea that ever hit me, something like. . . Oh, 3 years ago? Somewhere around there. It's weapon would be a large book, titled "Lost Saga", and having the Title's logo follow the same style as our Lost Saga titles for each new hero. Lost ( Icon of hero's wep ) Saga. In this case, a book! The author being Developer K, and the story quests being about a shy anime trope Librarian finding this book about Lost Saga, the Time Gate, and all of the heroes of past, present, and future. Somehow reading this book makes the uh, "normal" Librarian a hero candidate for the Time Gate--thus bringing them into LS.

Keep in mind the LS of a few years ago. The time before every new normal was "new-gen" like Dragon Slayer and Wanderer. The skill ideas and few basic attack idea's I had aren't OP. They're fun / cute though!

3 hit basics, two diagonal swipes with the book, third basic being a clumsy spin attack that moves you forward a bit, like a small hops worth, and has a 360 hitbox around you.

I did not draw it out, but the Dash attack would be a Thunderbird Hold D Dash style Slide, but it's Librarian slipping in a clumsy manner, instead. Remember, the sort of character type this Hero is, is a shy / clumsy one.

I was pretty proud of the skills, if I do say so myself! I remember having another skill thought out for the helm, but I've forgotten it over the years.

Weapon Skill: "Reading IS Fun! ! !" - Librarian does a silly excited pose, with a speech bubble appearing next to them saying the skill name. 3 "Cartoony" tall bookshelves appear underneath Librarian, launching all enemies really high into the air. Think like , Boss mode Tao Armor heights, or at least close to that. The Invincibility frames on this are pretty good, but to balance how far you knock targets up into the air, you're stuck in the animation. A few seconds after the Bookshelves appear, Librarian looks around, embarressed, (That one sound clip when a player is Fear status'd or something plays) The bookshelves sink into the ground and then you can move again. This would leave enough time for Librarian to get a few ground hits in, but not do some wild combo off of the fall damage's bonce up. I would imagine you could Gumiho ears out of the animation, if you really wanted to combo off the bounce up, though.

Armor Skill: Not named - This skill has 3 different effects depending on what key you press. Attack, Block, and Jump each bring up a different style of Bookshelves. In the image above you can see the 3 types in a Top-Down perspective.

Block brings up a Bookshelf formation meant to shield you and or Teammates.

Attack brings up a Bookshelf formation that is meant to trap enemies. It makes an upside down U shape in front of you.

Jump brings up 3 Bookshelves arranged in a way similar to stairs. Small, Medium, and Tall bookshelves appear in front of you in that order. The idea is that there's an annoying flying enemy buzzing around, and these 3 platforms may just help you and your team reach them.

An idea just came to me as I was typing this out, that Enemies trapped in the Armor skill's square AOE, are slowed and their Jump height is lessened. I did not want the Bookshelves that spawn to be too large, just slightly above an LS model's height--but that's easily jumpable--Not if this Slow and Jump height Debuff are in effect though!

Helmet Skill: I do not recall the idea I had for the helmet skill, but I will say this. The "Helmet" is Librarians Glasses. There aren't really any normal glasses in the game, so not only would that be pretty sweet for GDing purposes, I really like the thought of it being an OKAY, I repeat, an OKAY passive. I can't think of an effect off the top of my head, but I love, just absolutely love the thoguht of Glasses meta on LS. Meta is ugly, arc robes, galaxy robes--they don't look good. Glasses are kinda cute though, is my train of thought.

Trinket Skill: Librarian pulls out a random book. There are 3 (maybe more) types of books that Librarian can pull out, each having a unique effect, but all having the same Square AOE around Librarian.

Sob Story: Librarian begins to cry heavily, extremely slowing down any enemies in the square AOE. I would compare this Slow debuff to that of Shadow Assassin Poison jug, and Witch hat.

Erotic Novel: As depicted in the image above, Librarian blushes heavily and slams the book shut--stunning every enemy in the square AOE. I wanted the animation for this stun to be unique, and silly. Imagine how your body would react if someone just slammed a book shut next to you in a dead silent library, kind of silly.

Some kind of Invigorating novel / War tactics book: Allies in the square AOE recieve an attack buff.

Possibly a third book that heals allies in the square, slowly over time for like 30 seconds. Some kind of holy book.
    Last edited by ArekusuReizu; 18-05-16 at 04:51 PM.

Work in progress assets for my next Art Shop project. Didn't want to post these until the actual thread, but eh. Not many people will see this anyways!

Mimicing the style of the Patch Content page. http://lostsaga.z8games.com/patches/blade-week-3/

[/URL]

Last edited by ArekusuReizu; 22-05-16 at 07:07 AM.

Sorry, I miss a lot of messages, it's nothing personal I just didn't see it, I get on play and forget to even open my box half the time before I log off! The only kind of look I go for in LS is generally ice blonde and most the time blue eyes on characters I like to play as. Keep up the awesome works!
    "If you wasn't here I probably wouldn't be alive today. The fact that you're here and doin' as well as you're doin' gives me-what do you call it-motivization to stay alive. Little by little we lose our friends, we lose everything. We keep losin' and losin' till we say you know, 'Oh what the hell am I livin' around here for? I got not reason to go on.' But with you kid, I got a reason to go on. And I'm gonna stay alive and I will watch you make good."
    http://www.youtube.com/c/takuyasugi

Quote Originally Posted by TakuyaSugiLS View Post
    Sorry, I miss a lot of messages, it's nothing personal I just didn't see it, I get on play and forget to even open my box half the time before I log off! The only kind of look I go for in LS is generally ice blonde and most the time blue eyes on characters I like to play as. Keep up the awesome works!
    Alright man, should I get the urge to finish / restart the "Robot Buddies" art, I'll have something to work with. I think I might pull up one of your gameplay vids and screenshot your Arthur. It's the only hero of yours whos styles I kind of remember, lol.

Anyways, back to the topic of the thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simply titled "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" this piece is of Medi, my Druid. Well, technically my Cyber Medic--but once Druid hits NA she'll be mine.

I actually really didn't like Druid. I undersatnd its more in tune with whatever a Druid really is--but man I really,REALLY REEEEAAALLY wanted a new healer. I wanted its weapon skill to be a big aoe heal / debuff removal. Like you'd never believe how badly I wanted that.

So when KLS made it a odd bear transforming hero, I was pretty let down.

Buuut, after osme thought I'mookay with it. Not fine, but okay. When I think of Medi acting like a Bear, m'disappointment with the hero melts away.

--------

With Summer approaching, I anticipate some summery events! Well, maybe not events but at least like. . . patch notes / patch content pages? SInce there are like 3 or 4 different swimsuit costume sets (the kind only sold during the Secret weekend shop).

I really want these. Like, as many as I can get. Since my financial problems probably won't fix themselves in the next uh week or two, I'm going to set up another Art shop, but with a Summer themed flyer.

I also have one short animation story boarded with Summer as its theme. But, let's not talk about it for now.

Started drawing my Thunderbird last night. I havn't named her, but I might just name her Mira, or Miracle--something along those lines. Reason being, for some (cute) silly reason, Thunderbirds Weapon is called like uh, "Epic Miracle Water gun"? and I really like that. A lot.

When I GD'd mine ages ago, I named the file "Mirakuru", which I also really like.

I've run into two players with my TB wep gd, one I gave to back when I made it, and the other I didn't. Guess they just found the failed GD thread I started with it in it, and used it.

Which is fine and all. I happen to like the GD quite a bit myself. GD'd a baseball bat trinket with the same, strange (cute) "Shark" theme.

I might just revamp Mira's laser outfit / GD her headband to also follow the shark theme. I like to imagine she finds sharks really cute.

I'm a real big fan of the "Cute long Twintail" hair style. A lot of my heroes have it. An idea for a nice group picture came to mind, that idea being why not draw all of my heroes with said hairstyle--in one picture interacting with one another together?

Starting with my Smile Joker which may or may not be named Jess, as in Jester. It like a lot of my heroes, is just the name that comes to mind when I think of that hero. Like how my Destroyer was named Sheila. The name just naturally appeared.

When I started this piece--I hated it. So much. It was looking god awful--but I really liked the basic outline I had layed out already. . . So I kept at it, which eventually lead to what you see below. Some parts of it are clunky, and don't' quite look right--but I'll be leaving them as is for the sake of time. While I intended to draw all of my heroes with that hair style, that's quite a lot. My Heavy Crasher, Silat, Capoeira, Devil, Demon Thief, Medic, Sorc, Shaman, Anubis, and maybe a few others.

I dont' see myself finishing this ever, but it'd sure make for a cute picture! I was considering throwing Aleks in there as well--Medi or someone having forced him into the Twintail hair style.

If a MOD or even a Z8 Games employee finds this piece of art harmful in any way--wether it be breaking a forum rule or something--Feel free to remove it. I would hope its fine, though. It's just a bit of cleavage is all. Considering some more revealing GD's have been submitted to official contests--I would hope the same applies here. Again, if this post is deemed unfit for the forum, do what you have to do. Just don't delete the entire thread.

Update!:
    Last edited by ArekusuReizu; 18-07-16 at 05:24 AM.

I don't like the thought of replying to this thread without something new, I want each post of mine in this thread to be self contained. That being said, even though its part of the same picture. . . Here's an update. Featuring an upset Aleks (One of the girls messed with his hair, giving him short twintails) A sleepy Lime (Capoeira) latched onto said upset Aleks, and Jess just off to the side happy to be there, perhaps greeting a character that'll be on the other side of the image.

Further updates:

Aleks n' Lime

Lime with an Aleks body pillow (Because hugging the air looked weird.)

As I stated earlier, I don't like posting to this thread without something new. While this isn't exactly new--it has to do with an earlier post in this thread. The post talking about my "Librarian" hero idea. While reorganizging things in my room, I happend to find a small note pad I hadn't seen in a while, and in it I found some basic depictions of Librarian, and her trinket skill. One thing about the hero ideas I make, I'd like to introduce a new hair style with each of these. Because we need more of those! Anyways, here's the picture. It might be a bit large , since I didn't resize it or anything.

Last edited by ArekusuReizu; 20-07-16 at 09:26 AM.

Strider, much like Destroyer, Medic, and Fencer--Naturally feels good to me. I'd been looking forward to it since its KLS debut. Something about it just. . . sets my heart a flutter. I know, that's weird. It just does it for me though, much like my 3 highest level heroes. (Dest Medi Zoro)

I spent something like 40 minutes yesterday, trialing someones Strider in a plaza. I just played around with it, slashing around--and y'know what? I had a god dang blast. Akin to how just flying around as Destroyer, healing people as Medic, and just manuevering around as Fencer--It just feels right. Natural. I feel like a stupid kid again when I think about Strider (I'm 21, mind you.) and I love it. I love it I love it I love it.

I want Strider.

Some art for my Strider Art shop. (Very very far from completion.)

The header will be either 2 images, or a simple 2 frame GIF animation. The images / GIF will depict 4 of my heroes really excited for Strider's release, and then really ****ed off that the only way to get it is through gambling, at a 10$ price tag at that. It's way too much for my kind of financial standing. Below is a basic representation of what the two images / GIF will look like. My Heavy Crasher Laela, my Iron Knight Aleks, my Destroyer Sheila, and my F-Sabre Zheila. Sheila's the only one who's already got her 2nd frame started, Aleks and Zheila are both depicted in their first frame, when they're happy / excited.

Just Aleks

Just Sheila

Just Zheila - The speech bubble saying "Upgrade Time!" is there because I like to imagine that Zheila starts off as an F - Sabre, and later upgrades to Strider. Like how Sheila is a Destroyer but then Powered, and Laela is a Heavy Crasher, then Predator.

A higher res Aleks. He's what I drew tonight, felt it looked alright enough as is to post to various places.

Update:

Last edited by ArekusuReizu; 09-08-16 at 02:17 AM.

Hey look, an update. Placeholder BG.

Just Laelz