Default Metin 2 US Service Transfer FAQ

Updated April 8th, 2013
    - Added a note to say last day to get verification key is April 8th, 2013 (around 3 pm EST)
    - Changed the server shutdown date to April 9th, 2013 (around 3 pm EST)

This thread will be updated as more information comes in. Feel free to discuss the transfer here.

How to transfer my character and items?

Goto http://metin2.z8games.com/ and click the link on the bottom. After logging in and clicking this link, you will receive a verification code (last day to get verification key is April 8th around 3 pm EST). IMPORTANT: Hold on to this code and do not share it. In the near future, GameForge will set up a page where you need to enter this code to transfer your character; it is not currently up.

Will all of my items and characters be transferred?

Yes, all items and gold accumulated up until the servers go down will be transferred. This includes +5 stones, item stats, blacksmith memos, etc... They have said that if the item's do not exist on their servers that they will recreate them. This is subject to change at GameForge's discretion.

When will the service of Metin 2 at Z8Games end?

April 9th, 2013.

What about my ZP?

Your ZP itself will not be transferred to GameForge. You can choose to spend it now before the server moves so that the items will be transferred or you can choose to spend it on our other products.

When will the shop close permenantly?

Timed items will be removed from our cash shop on Friday March 1st, 2013 at 5:30pm EST.
    The entire cash shop will be shut down on Monday March 25th, 2013 at 5:30pm EST.

Can I transfer my character if it is banned?

No you cannot.

Can I play on GameForge servers if I am from an IP blocked region?

Currently you cannot, though they are still deciding on the IP restrictions for the new servers. They are still looking into solutions regarding this.

Will my login ID and password change after transferring?

Further details will be announced in the near future.

What happens if i have 90 or 30 day items?

For players that bought 90 or 30 day items, the ZP will be refunded to you if they do not end by the time the server shuts down. A refund form will be added soon. Any item that will be fully used by the end of our service is not subject to refund.

When will we be able to start playing on the Game Forge servers?

This will be updated when we receive more details.

Will we have the updated content?

To start, no, they will be using a similar client to the one that is currently running here. In the future, tes, you will have access to whatever is available on GameForge's server. This includes whatever bug fixes and updates they have done.

Will both the New World server and the Free Kingdom server be merged onto GameForge's US server?

No, GameForge will be providing 2 extra separate servers for the players here. One server for Free Kingdom and one server for New World, both of which will be separate from their existing GameForge US server.

Will New World and Free Kingdom be merged together?

No, GameForge will have 2 separate servers.

Can you help me to transfer to the SG server?

We have no affiliation with the SG server and cannot give out instructions on how to do so. We can only help you with the transfer to GameForge.
    Last edited by [Ochiai]; 08-04-13 at 10:07 AM.

this has been updated for those who dont know
    Hellspawn01
    LVL92 Partisan
    Free Kingdom

Support PM Me Forum Rules

Its a 10 minute walk from my house to the bar. Oddly enough, its an hour from the bar to my house.

Updated March 27th, 2013
    - Added in instructions for transfer (Still need to wait for GameForge to put up their page to input verification key).
    - Changed items and new content to reflect most up to date information.
    - Changed the server shutdown date to April 9th, 2013