Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community to Z8Games; Let's talk improvements.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community to Z8Games; Let's talk improvements.

Hello everyone. I am Psykeeper, or as of present PsionicFlea. Today I was sitting back in my chair, drinking the milk from my cereal bowl and wondering; When will things change? I ask this question every day that I am on Lost Saga. I'm not talking about gameplay changes, adding and removing heroes, the removing of players outside NA. No, I'm just speaking of course on the pacing of the game and communication. With that said, this will hardly be a long read. The fact is that this isn't just a thread for me. I want everyone to try and participate with this. Post your thoughts, your suggestions, and questions. I really hope the Z8 staff could throw in their inputs as well.

Remember: A closed mouth doesn't get fed. We can complain all we want in In-game all we want, but no one is going to see it 30 messages later. Better off telling your darkest secrets to a Power Stone.

First, I would like to point out something that's been lacking in every patch note since LS' revival. Balance notes! Yes, in a game focused around PvP, such a thing is very crucial. KLS does it all the time. Here, it is completely absent. There has been times when we would get a client update and some changes would be left out while others were implemented. This would leave the players to have to figure out what is and what isn't applied to update(s). We've have players here on the forums who had to go out of their way to type up unofficial patch notes to save others the trouble. Having said balance changes tied to the patch notes would be a saving grace for us all. Things like Dimi Shard value nerfing and the removal of Premiums are also worth mentioning for those who don't run over to KLS for sneak peeks.

Second and lastly, I want to point out the pacing of the game, specifically patches. Once upon a time, a company called Z8Games released patches for LS every Wednesday. Shop gears would be swapped, a new hero and/or evolution would release, a 2Hr trial hero would be delivered in gifts, and events for playing said hero would show up. Nowadays? One patch every 2 weeks, same events for those 2 weeks, the 8.4k Gears hardly change (The evo-able gears sat there forever. Now I'm just looking at 1 gear?), and a rare re-enters the shop.

It may just be me, or maybe not, but I honestly preferred the weekly updates. Even if we're catching up on heroes and evolutions, keeping events and shop gears rotating would at least keep things somewhat refreshing. Re-releasing Rares every 2 weeks? There's 52 weeks in a year and 38 rares in NALS. Think about that for a moment.

In the end, these are all just my thoughts. Not everyone will agree me with on these things and that is perfectly fine. This thread is for sharing our thoughts and hopefully the Z8 staff will get in on this too.
    Last edited by Huntchez; 07-06-18, 10:39 AM.

Remember OGP, when **** was new and fun
    Heroes felt original to everyone ~
    Now look at LS now, nothing but a cash cow
    Uniques and gears are all that count~

I full-heartedly agree with the first point you made. Balance notes would also keep Z8 accountable when heroes are supposed to receive a buff, or even when a hero is accidentally reverted to a previous patch.

I can't really say anything about the pace though, while there's probably a reason for that as well. My idea would be that they're trying to have a consistent pace of updates rather than catching us up as if we did, stagnation in KLS would cause us to fall behind and wait as well. That being said this is all speculation.

It would be nice to see more community engagement such as GD contests, HERO DESIGN CONTESTS, fan art contests, etc. It doesn't have to be art, the point is that they keep the community (or what's left of it) active in some way.

As always, updates for chests, coupons and hero packages are needed...

The majority of improvements must come from better community events, game events, notes/better communication, and updating old content that doesn't require the devs to intervene. As for the fundamental problems with lost saga, namely hero imbalances and choice of updates, there's not much that is either possible or effective.
    Last edited by ZETIXLS; 10-06-18, 06:39 PM.
    IGN: zetix
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZETIXLS

Comment

What they need to do is change the whole advertisement. Since they still have old heroes that no-one plays or heroes that ain't in the meta and put the real summary of the game which is "spend lots of money to get good"

Originally posted by ZETIXLS View Post
      It would be nice to see more community engagement such as GD contests, HERO DESIGN CONTESTS, fan art contests, etc. It doesn't have to be art, the point is that they keep the community (or what's left of it) active in some way.
      Anyway joke aside, The contest they had did had been bad so a lot of people wouldn't want to do them. Some examples are most gear design winners had been something people either stole from a different website or did a cosplay. Which in my case feels soooo un-creative i rather see original characters designs.

Then don't forget about the hero contest where people had dedicated their free time in making a creative character and one of the winner was a freaken 5yr drawing -cough- blacksmith -cough- that legit had common skills that are already in the game only different was the unique weapon skill. If i had spend 3 days or more on making a creative hero and a great design for it just for a 5yr old drawing take it spot. I would quit designing for contests in this game.

Then we had the parkour event that the winner was someone who copy from a game that could of gotten a copy right claim if someone was into laws and stuff. Even though it broke the rule it still was allowed and won the competition. Here's my opinion about the parkour winner only because he knows some gm personally that he was allowed to slide that in. But that is my opinion only.

Then one time i did join a GD event i posted it and put my ign and they didn't give me my reward for at least participating. So i from that i already establish that the gm are lazy and don't even look at all of the gears and look at maybe the first 10 pages maybe less.

From what i know this game contests judges been bad and always be bad.

p.s. this is only got the contest stuff the rest are always a good plus to see happen but until then i won't be playing it until the size armors debuts.
      I should have my own topic for me and my nagging of how this game became.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonlunar View Post
        Anyway joke aside, The contest they had did had been bad so a lot of people wouldn't want to do them. Some examples are most gear design winners had been something people either stole from a different website or did a cosplay. Which in my case feels soooo un-creative i rather see original characters designs.
        -Stealing gear designs has generally been pointed out and had the player disqualified. I honestly haven't seen much of this, despite entering all but 1 or 2 contests.
        -The cosplay debate has been dealt with several times now. While I'm not a cosplay designer myself I can clearly understand how they are considered creative. Selection of gears is more important than people realize, and shading/designing to get it to look as similar as possible is not always easy. Besides, if you search around Youtube you'll easily find that cosplays get way more views than original designs suggesting that more people are interested in them. While I prefer original designs too, I must admit that I'll choose a well-done cosplay over a crappy original any day.
        Then don't forget about the hero contest where people had dedicated their free time in making a creative character and one of the winner was a freaken 5yr drawing -cough- blacksmith -cough- that legit had common skills that are already in the game only different was the unique weapon skill. If i had spend 3 days or more on making a creative hero and a great design for it just for a 5yr old drawing take it spot. I would quit designing for contests in this game.
        -It's not uncommon to have skills that do the same thing. take out the jump-cancelling and kage ninja armor is the same as devil ranger trinket. If it fits with the hero and how it plays I don't think that should be considered a penalty.
        -They purposefully went lenient on drawing ability because they were more concerned with the idea and overall execution. Even Alkavine's hero contest, arguably more fair, had that in mind as well. Otherwise just hire a professional designer for your idea and contest won.
        Then one time i did join a GD event i posted it and put my ign and they didn't give me my reward for at least participating. So i from that i already establish that the gm are lazy and don't even look at all of the gears and look at maybe the first 10 pages maybe less.
        Saaaaame! this actually has happened to me 4 times. And somehow the 5th time I got 1st place.

So putting all the other reasons and arguments aside, I agree that Z8 has bad judges. I forgot to consider that when typing my opinion. I still think, though, having contests is better than nothing at all, and that judging is one of the more easier things to improve.

I like the other idea you mentioned, namely advertisement. While you implied it as a joke I think being more active on media would definitely be a plus. I don't think there's any legitimate reason they can come up with for not making videos showcasing content, doing live streams, tutorials and various other things that require no money and little effort to do. Heck, if need be just give someone like Takuya free stuff and make him do it for them. Not exactly a loss of revenue.
        Last edited by ZETIXLS; 13-06-18, 07:42 PM.
        IGN: zetix
        Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZETIXLS

Comment

Wall Of Text Inbound

I'm a little surprised at how quiet this thread is, but then again I'm sure these forums have been rather inactive. I may not play all that much anymore but I've got plenty of time so I figured I'd put my thoughts out there.

Originally posted by Huntchez View Post
          First, I would like to point out something that's been lacking in every patch note since LS' revival. Balance notes!

Let's start here. This is something that should almost be mandatory, almost. While not too many things get changed that often it would still be great to see these changes get addressed properly since some of them have a tendency to majorly affect some of the game-play such as changes to move sets and/or their frames. I can understand not having them if Z8 just isn't getting the notes and simply looking for everything is no simple task, I've spent enough time trying to know that.

​​​​
          Originally posted by Huntchez View Post
          Second and lastly, I want to point out the pacing of the game, specifically patches. Once upon a time, a company called Z8Games released patches for LS every Wednesday. Shop gears would be swapped, a new hero and/or evolution would release, a 2Hr trial hero would be delivered in gifts, and events for playing said hero would show up. Nowadays? One patch every 2 weeks, same events for those 2 weeks, the 8.4k Gears hardly change (The evo-able gears sat there forever. Now I'm just looking at 1 gear?), and a rare re-enters the shop.

I've honestly never had a problem with the pacing of released content, up to the point where events became extremely repetitive at least. I've always enjoyed seeing new heroes every couple weeks. It gave me time to pick up whatever hero was released, learn its moves, how to -somewhat- counter it, and just generally enjoy using it. By the time I got sick of it we'd get a new hero and the process would repeat all over once again. I didn't get into gear preferences until I went back to designing on a regular bases, something I sort of want to do again since I've got the time. The 2 hour trials were a wonderful addition, especially for some of the heroes that weren't so easy to get your hands on, rares and rank locked ones. Throw in an event where you play as those heroes generally made the game more fun, it had a tendency to level the playing field since everyone would have some form of access to it.

It'd be nice to see that flow come back, of course with better and more thought out events. In terms of hero and gear re-entries I'm a little impartial since a future update will bring all of the gears and heroes to the store permanently for purchase.

Originally posted by ZETIXLS View Post

As always, updates for chests, coupons and hero packages are needed...
          More community engagement would also be wonderful. I'm not sure about the current state as I've not been active the last two or so months, but last I was on the GM's had very little interaction with the community aside from popping on every so often to give notice of a bug or two that was being looked into. GD contests would be nice as an event every two or three months, some with specific rules to keep things fresh. A hero design contest would be nice to see again, but would likely need to be judged by the community, including any MODs, and -Monitored- by the GM's perhaps with their own votes as well. A few problems could come around from that; rigged votes, extremely few participants, the like so something like that may or may not work depending on the scenario of the parameters. This formula could also work for GD contests.

Bringing back fan art contests wouldn't be such a bad idea, but I feel an 'Art Appreciation Day' would be more widely excepted since there's fewer people doing just fan art. At one point fan art was being posted on Fridays on the Facebook page, seeing that brought back might encourage more people to do art which could ultimately lead to enough people doing art for a contest.

What they need to do is change the whole advertisement. Since they still have old heroes that no-one plays or heroes that ain't in the meta and put the real summary of the game which is "spend lots of money to get good"
          This was something I brought up during one of their discussions as a possible event but was likely disregarded or missed. An event specifically for creating advertisement could potentially be a good thing. There could be categories for different types of material. Videos for the obvious format of advertisement, which would need either original pieces of music or something not under the copy-write tag, and pictures for basic placeholder advertisements. The community could vote on which ones they feel are the best and could then be used to advertise the game. The winners would be commissioned not with actual money, but with ZP as how most of the events held by Z8 usually goes anyways. That still gives a decent incentive for people to try. That's about all I've got on these few subjects.
          Last edited by AlkavineB; 14-06-18, 05:19 AM.
          IGN: Alkavine-Bloodwrithe

First Main: Sorcerer (MAX) || Second Main: Magic Swordsman (MAX) || Third Main: Jaingshi (MAX) || Fourth Main: Gargoyle (71)

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X