Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OGP Lost Saga (A Trip Through Time Gate)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OGP Lost Saga (A Trip Through Time Gate)

    Hey there.

    This is a post aimed at Lost Saga players from yesteryear, especially circa 2011.
    A Trip Through Time Gate

    The link will expire in 1 month.

  • #2
    quality post, not sure what unseen force pushed you enough to write out your lost saga experiences but i liked it. i am interested though in what lost saga players lives are like outside of the game itself... and what originally attracted them to this game... and what keeps them playing/following up to this day knowing the game is in a decline.

    Comment


    • #3
      So cute! I remember these old days of lost saga. I'm so glad to have seen this post <3
      http://49.media.tumblr.com/9ec7ff09682addc799ebfcd9f11a1011/tumblr_o3arugVC0j1to58pho1_400.gif

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GREVO View Post
        quality post, not sure what unseen force pushed you enough to write out your lost saga experiences but i liked it. i am interested though in what lost saga players lives are like outside of the game itself... and what originally attracted them to this game... and what keeps them playing/following up to this day knowing the game is in a decline.
        Treading a slippery slope

        The concept of a chaotic battle with all sorts of nonsense going on space lazors sweeping around Gods clashing beams fired left and right tornadoes all over the place Glaciers appearing out of nowhere Hellish fire surrounding the map the very ground beneath our feet splitting crumbling and popping up Knights fighting Futuristic Space marines ridiculously good Boxers fighting Vikings the military fighting futuristic mechs Super heroes fighting Anime characters Blades appearing out of nowhere ultimate weapons being matched or negated Mythologies of different sorts clashing all of this is what lost saga can promise if it tried to and i really want to play that game

        I really want it to do the above no other game that I've seen has that type of potential as of yet
        someday i'd like to believe that something will step up to the plate but for now lost saga is the only thing that i know that can be that
        I dun wanna tell you my Ign.
        I hope there comes a time, when I'm well enough known that people will know me anyway.
        Until then I hope to Meet you on the Battle Field it should be fun =3

        Comment


        • #5




          Vendo-Senpai!
          What did you think of me?
          I must know!
          76: Smiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

          Comment


          • #6
            Miss you vendo,

            Life is moving on, But lost saga will always have a special place in my heart.
            Last edited by WincestLS; 15-09-17, 03:02 AM.
            You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars
            IGN:Stucky
            Bravura #1 forever in my heart.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by YukiAyumu View Post
              Treading a slippery slope

              The concept of a chaotic battle with all sorts of nonsense going on space lazors sweeping around Gods clashing beams fired left and right tornadoes all over the place Glaciers appearing out of nowhere Hellish fire surrounding the map the very ground beneath our feet splitting crumbling and popping up Knights fighting Futuristic Space marines ridiculously good Boxers fighting Vikings the military fighting futuristic mechs Super heroes fighting Anime characters Blades appearing out of nowhere ultimate weapons being matched or negated Mythologies of different sorts clashing all of this is what lost saga can promise if it tried to and i really want to play that game

              I really want it to do the above no other game that I've seen has that type of potential as of yet
              someday i'd like to believe that something will step up to the plate but for now lost saga is the only thing that i know that can be that
              Oh so you mean...Lost Saga is basically League of Legends or Anime Fight by that description.

              Personally, I'd much rather consider Lost Saga a spiritual successor to Power Stone than anything else.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by HeartCardian View Post
                Vendo-Senpai!
                What did you think of me?
                I must know!
                I probably should have censored the Fire Mage and guild logo. Oh well.

                Is that really you? Of all people who could have been lingering on these forums, this many years later.

                I don't really know how to put into words what I thought of you then or what I think of you now. What separated you from the other community members I was always at odds with, was I felt like you understood my intentions or at least tried to. Maybe you were also bored. Maybe you also had the desire to disrupt the daily mantra. I don't know.
                Why else would we be on the forums?

                I'm unsure if you perceived me as just another troll, attention seeker, narcissist, or whatever else I was labeled.
                But in terms of online experiences, it was truly fun. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

                I believe the last time we interacted was on the NALS Facebook board, regarding your Datapedia. Though I can't say it was much of an interaction.
                I just went back to look up that archived thread to read all of your posts.
                I genuinely did not read them back then. I don't know if it was so I could be as authentically ignorant as possible or had some other hidden agenda. I recall that my account was banned at the time due to being mass-reported before Lost Saga changed publishers. I would go into more detail, but it's really just all in the past now.
                Reading my posts from back then are shocking to say the least. Even though I know it's me it's like a completely different person.

                I lacked any understanding of internet etiquette or culture. I actually remember that you often used the "There is No Need to be Upset" Gorilla image macro in response to many other OGP forumers. What's funny is, at the time, I had no idea what a "meme" or "****posting" was. I was quite ignorant of it all.

                I don't remember treating you too well back then either, but that went for most people.
                I hope even you can forgive me.

                Originally posted by WincestLS View Post
                Miss you vendo,

                Life is moving on, But lost saga will always have a special place in my heart.
                It sure is. It has been almost a decade; insane.
                It always has a place in mine too. With all its ups, downs, flaws and all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SaltCard View Post
                  Oh so you mean...Lost Saga is basically League of Legends or Anime Fight by that description.

                  Personally, I'd much rather consider Lost Saga a spiritual successor to Power Stone than anything else.
                  League of Legends is too slow for the kind of excitement I want also lacks any real impact on attacks, haven't heard of Anime Fight before (searching for it pulls up a bunch of AMVS some of which aren't bad)

                  Powerstone reminds me of this one piece i played once upon a time for the playstation? i think it was fun
                  I dun wanna tell you my Ign.
                  I hope there comes a time, when I'm well enough known that people will know me anyway.
                  Until then I hope to Meet you on the Battle Field it should be fun =3

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Valtosoto View Post
                    I probably should have censored the Fire Mage and guild logo. Oh well.
                    You'd have had to censor a LOT more for me not to clue in. The screenshots with Sonic were definitely a huge clue. The avatar, the firemage, the hairstyle, the fact that some of these pictures had been posted before uncensored by you. I didn't save them, but I do have good memory.
                    Ultimately, it was just your speech pattern that told me before the pictures.

                    Originally posted by Valtosoto View Post
                    Is that really you? Of all people who could have been lingering on these forums, this many years later.
                    Yeah the odds weren't in my favour. It's amazing how hated I was initially compared to what I am now. Frankly WMLS did a lot for me in that way. Cleared out my bad rep and made me public figure numero uno for awhile. Even some of the older gen coming back about a year into Z8LS didn't do much to hurt that.



                    Originally posted by Valtosoto View Post
                    I don't really know how to put into words what I thought of you then or what I think of you now. What separated you from the other community members I was always at odds with, was I felt like you understood my intentions or at least tried to. Maybe you were also bored. Maybe you also had the desire to disrupt the daily mantra. I don't know.
                    Why else would we be on the forums?

                    I'm unsure if you perceived me as just another troll, attention seeker, narcissist, or whatever else I was labeled.
                    But in terms of online experiences, it was truly fun. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.
                    You were beautiful. I considered you the Megatron to my Optimus. Sometimes you'd have an idiot trying to start drama so they could have a sense of control, like Drakeros or Valv...But ultimately they weren't a threat.
                    But you? You were built from the ground up as a perfect enemy. You weren't an idiot, every time you tried to hit me or anyone else it was because you had a chance of it working out for you. You inspired people and made them flock to you, you had charisma and character out the ass. You were so sincere with your ideals that there was an innate respect that had to be given for it, at the very least for the fact that you weren't shaking on what you believed.

                    Only someone like you could have taken Cotton, Myself, and Marth...Three people who EASILY did not get along by occupying radically different views on the community...Only you could UNITE us in opposition against you. Time and time again, you were a genuine threat that could actually influence people. You weren't a blind sentimentalist, you weren't fake in what you said, you weren't an idiot, and you had the charisma to draw an army to your cause.

                    And it wasn't even intentional, I knew that. You had built yourself into your persona. That's what made it so damn genuine. It was so engraved into your core that there was no distinction between the Vendo Persona and a real person. As someone who had psychosomatic manic depression and was studying personalities to discern what was wrong with mine, you were a delightful treat. It was like I saw someone step out on the other side of the road I walked. Like you were the Adolf Hitler to my Charlie Chaplin.

                    When Vendo did something, it was exciting. FINALLY, someone that was my equal that actually OPPOSED me. Not a kid so stupid as to publish screenshots of me [blatantly] being a more genuine human being open to discussion while they ignore me. Not a Troll trying to start a fight for the empty sake of starting a fight. Not a brat whining that I hurt their feelings. And not a hypocrit with no merit to stand on.

                    I respected you as an Enemy. A Enemy that was not just worth combating, but worth defeating. And not merely worth defeating, but also worth combating. The battle and the victory were equally worthwhile, and that is something to be truly proud of.


                    Originally posted by Valtosoto View Post
                    I don't remember treating you too well back then either, but that went for most people.
                    I hope even you can forgive me.
                    I see no wrong with which to forgive. You followed your convictions and stuck to your ideals. You made no fallacious and did not break your own rules. There is nothing wrong with who anyone else, only with what they do.
                    Violence is the truest expression of any person. It is the passion with which we pursue things that rings out who we are. You argued violently, and for that you have nothing to atone for. Even if you aren't the same person as who you were back then, it doesn't mean that it was wrong to be who you were or who you are now.



                    Frankly, I think I can speak for everyone who is no longer with us, or whom doesn't want to post in this thread themselves:
                    We missed you, Vendo. You glorious Bastard.

                    You're welcome here anytime you want to be. You're welcome here, you're welcome on MBO and IRC. And if anyone tells you otherwise, they don't matter.
                    Last edited by HeartCardian; 16-09-17, 05:25 AM.
                    76: Smiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by HeartCardian View Post
                      I see no wrong with which to forgive. You followed your convictions and stuck to your ideals. You made no fallacious and did not break your own rules. There is nothing wrong with who anyone else, only with what they do.
                      Violence is the truest expression of any person. It is the passion with which we pursue things that rings out who we are. You argued violently, and for that you have nothing to atone for. Even if you aren't the same person as who you were back then, it doesn't mean that it was wrong to be who you were or who you are now.



                      Frankly, I think I can speak for everyone who is no longer with us, or whom doesn't want to post in this thread themselves:
                      We missed you, Vendo. You glorious *******.

                      You're welcome here anytime you want to be. You're welcome here, you're welcome on MBO and IRC. And if anyone tells you otherwise, they don't matter.
                      Fate or coincidence? I'd like to think both.

                      At least before this was all said and done, I got to see someone of your caliber again.
                      This brings me a special closure that I couldn't get from anyone else.
                      Thanks HeartCard, A_____, or the dozens of other monikers I've recognized you as.




                      _________________________________________

                      Just before I was about to post, I did some quick digging just to verify if I was remembering the "A_____" correctly.
                      What I'm about to write are things probably only you will understand.

                      Were you aware that your [][] is pub? TTGL reference on a Universe Lance gears = most recent stamp.
                      It seems like the Trill-bee stamp was supposed to be removed but [][] didn't do it properly on your accEnt. Still remains and the stamp is axes.

                      If it wasn't already obvious, I chopped a random mage from Numero Uno that only you should be able to recognize:



                      Just wanted to make sure you already knew about it.

                      _________________________________________


                      It's pretty embarrassing reading my posts from back then. Most of them almost read as satire, anger and desperation at the same time.

                      Here's one example.
                      Originally posted by Me
                      There is some good information on the "data"pedia. Good, but not practical.
                      The majority of the information on it, whether factual or not, is nonsense.

                      Here's some of the good (skip if you want):
                      - Descriptions of various heroes and their skills
                      - A few gear-related effects and uses
                      - GP costs of things (although not necessary)
                      - It's written in English
                      - That's it.

                      The rest is nonsense.
                      I have seen no proof that the information has helped players progress in the game; actual progress in the game.
                      The few months before I officially ended my time on Lost Saga (2014), I did feel this sense of urgency.
                      This was when NALS recently moved to its third publisher here at Z8Games. The population teased around 10k players and was rapidly declining.
                      Older players that stuck around long enough were at a crossroads.

                      Initially, I didn't fully understand the implications of NALS's business model. I often espoused that anyone had the potential to succeed without the use of microtransactions.
                      But I wasn't singing that old song very long. Eventually it became evident what was really happening.

                      The population, the community, the culture: all leaning over at first before you-know-what.

                      Wish I had more to say.
                      I never was any good at this sort of thing. I just hope everyone in the NALS community is getting the best out of life.
                      Most of us resided great distances apart, but I still felt close to everyone involved.

                      'Til next time.
                      Risk Your Life to Save Another.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Vendog View Post
                        Fate or coincidence? I'd like to think both.

                        At least before this was all said and done, I got to see someone of your caliber again.
                        This brings me a special closure that I couldn't get from anyone else.
                        Thanks HeartCard, A_____, or the dozens of other monikers I've recognized you as.
                        Just before I was about to post, I did some quick digging just to verify if I was remembering the "A_____" correctly.
                        Alexia. I'm assuming that's what you're getting at? That's just my first name. That's been public since...Well even before OGP shut down.
                        I don't really keep secrets that basic. Most of my information is fully public, and my face certainly is. Hell I took a topless picture to use on the facebook forums. Nobody is going to bully me about how I look, because we all know I'm literally the hottest person in the community by far. It's why I don't pick on people's looks, because I didn't earn my genetics That's why arguments are fair game, it's their fault for having such junk logic.



                        Originally posted by Vendog View Post
                        What I'm about to write are things probably only you will understand.

                        Were you aware that your [][] is pub? TTGL reference on a Universe Lance gears = most recent stamp.
                        It seems like the Trill-bee stamp was supposed to be removed but [][] didn't do it properly on your accEnt. Still remains and the stamp is axes.
                        I'm assuming you're talking about my photobucket and...Yes, of course it's public. If you go back, the earliest pictures are probably from around 2006. There's nothing in there worth making private is the thing. Everything I had uploaded to photobucket was all things I immediately shared with people. Sometimes we'd reference back to it later, sometimes not.

                        As far as what was and wasn't supposed to be removed: I have no god damn clue. Photobucket disabled 3rd Party Hosting awhile back and my account eventually got hit with it. In the process of trying to save some stuff to reupload to places like postimage, some files got deleted. Not even by my hand, just that the page count started going down before I was done saving everything I wanted to.
                        I never intended to delete any pictures of me, and certainly not the trilby picture that I uploaded purely to show off on MBO...And thus be forced to confess I was never beta enough to learn the difference between a Fedora and a Trilby.


                        Originally posted by Vendog View Post
                        If it wasn't already obvious, I chopped a random mage from Numero Uno that only you should be able to recognize:

                        Actually Jin should be able to recognize it too. I'm not honestly sure why you black scrawl'd on it or put DMC2 up and correcting rather than just putting DMC3 up.
                        This actually comes from one of two pictures. Both of which are mere scaring Jin with the demonic power of my old Windows XP computer successfully running a PS2 emulation(an older build of pcxs2) DMC3 at 15FPS consistently on Stage 2 despite being...Aeons outdated. I believe Alucomp was...A single core 2.0ghz from...1999 I wanna say?
                        So basically...This thing was a exceeding it's capabilities by [THE SPAN OF GALAXIES], and thus why you have Jin in the chat just being [unable] to deal with this.
                        There's no revealing information in the pictures. Unless you consider a TF fangirl having a computer named "Data Prime" as something shocking.

                        MORE interesting would have been if you had found the pictures of the laptop I was using right before getting my new [actual] computer. Because Jin and I were having a good laugh that:
                        - The Previous owner's name was "Gary"
                        - The photo galleries were loading with rock climbing, hiking, and exploring guidelines.
                        - There were a few pictures of wild birds he had clearly taken at some point.
                        I GOT GARY OAK'S LAPTOP.
                        IT SUCKED.





                        Originally posted by Vendog View Post
                        It's pretty embarrassing reading my posts from back then. Most of them almost read as satire, anger and desperation at the same time.
                        My personal favourite:




                        Originally posted by Vendog View Post
                        The few months before I officially ended my time on Lost Saga (2014), I did feel this sense of urgency.
                        This was when NALS recently moved to its third publisher here at Z8Games. The population teased around 10k players and was rapidly declining.
                        Older players that stuck around long enough were at a crossroads.

                        Initially, I didn't fully understand the implications of NALS's business model. I often espoused that anyone had the potential to succeed without the use of microtransactions.
                        But I wasn't singing that old song very long. Eventually it became evident what was really happening.

                        The population, the community, the culture: all leaning over at first before you-know-what.

                        Wish I had more to say.
                        I never was any good at this sort of thing. I just hope everyone in the NALS community is getting the best out of life.
                        Most of us resided great distances apart, but I still felt close to everyone involved.

                        'Til next time.
                        To be fair that's because LS wasn't pay2win initially. Iori Yagami was the first time the game truly became slated towards an absurdly disproportion power balance. Iori had ways you could trick the game into escaping out of it...And they appearently learned their lesson from this as each successive hero seemed to drive the point home that there was no hope against them.
                        Sure somebody sticking with an inadequate hero like TKM/Lightning Mage/etc was going to find themselves screwed by things as simple as Berserker's reform. But the bottom tier is natural to exist, the important thing is that the bottom tier is a vast minority. And before Iori I would say that was true, there were MAYBE five heroes that legitimately had no chance against any of the top tier choices. Nowadays...It's about 40% of the entire roster is bottom tier in comparison.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hello Vendo, there's something I've wanted to ask you for some time now. On the GameFaqs board for LS, there's 3 threads created by someone named "return." In all three, this user claims to be you, Vendo. I was wondering, is this actually you? It's not a big thing, I was just curious when I stumbled across the board a couple years back when looking at what online forums LS had beside the official ones.

                          https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/958797-lost-saga

                          I'm not someone you would have known on OGP. I was a literal no one at the time. It's nice to see you make an appearance now, so many years later though.
                          Last edited by AlonsoDalton; 23-09-17, 03:01 AM.
                          http://imgur.com/a/Qnrhn A handy representation of our missing heroes!
                          http://lsbackgrounds.imgur.com/ For all your LS background needs!
                          Nonary

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Risk your life to save another

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X