When you LITERALLY create a template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you LITERALLY create a template

TL;DR yep, I made a completely blank 256x256 (becauze z8 didn't update) square and basically played battleship until I got the coordinates of every point of the gear.

ALSO I SWEAR IF Z8 PUTS THE ACTUAL TEMPLATE UP WITHIN A FEW DAYS OF SEEING THIS I WILL WASTE ALL OF MY GP.

As some of you gear design enthusiasts might know, the R-Epic Tao armor, (as well as a few others, I've heard) are missing some templates. Yes, I know you can dowlnoad the templates but when you do it only gives you ONE template, for HALF of the gear. This is extremely frustrating considering that you can't gear design half of it, unless you'd like it to be a solid color (aka bad gear designing)

"Why didn't you just send a ticket and let z8 put the template in?"

I sent multiple tickets. I used shouts. after a couple weeks, nothing got resolved. Thanks Z8.

"Well zetix, instead of making your own, why don't you just search the web?"

This was first thing I did, initially checking the forum's own template banks, then going into google. heck, I even went to the indonesian and kls player gd banks, yet to no avail. No original template, not even a gear designed version. I tried to search by image but had even less than results.

You get the point. Within the internet, there is absolutely no trace of the original template. So what do you do when that happens?

As mentioned in the top, I basically played battle ship. First, I created a numbered grid. Next, after seeing which gears were located in which corner of which number, I began to fill the template areas with solid colors. After tons of hours of shrinking and adjusting so it barely fit, I finished. I didn't battleship my way for the very inner robe however as that is seldom gear designed anyway and at this point it would not be worth the effort.

So guess what?

I'm giving it to you all (or whoever's left) for free.

all I ask in return is to check out my channel. No obligation to subscribe, just see if you find anything interesting.

and here's how it looks like: (not too pretty but complimentary colors were necessary for finding the details)

No self-respecting gear designer should ever have to do this T_T
    Last edited by ZETIXLS; 28-07-18, 01:15 AM.
    IGN: zetix
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZETIXLS

There's so much wrong with that...

But grats I guess? Kinda neat but definitely something I wouldn't have the patience OR time to do.
    IGN: Alkavine-Bloodwrithe

First Main: Sorcerer (MAX) || Second Main: Magic Swordsman (MAX) || Third Main: Jaingshi (MAX) || Fourth Main: Gargoyle (71)

Comment

Working...
    X