X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am on windows 7 and i cna only add a program so added cf but not sure if this is the same thing^^.
    I also have zone alarm somethign to change there?
    Last edited by LAMPEDDD; 29-07-10, 03:38 AM.
    We know.

Comment

I want to touch on some things you said Saidin:

Originally posted by [GM]Saidin View Post
      Disconnecting is a common issue among every video game on the internet.
      This is not true. There is a game similar to this one that I have NEVER been dc'ed from. I can play other games as well and not get dc'ed from them.

We are dealing with fixed servers and a huge user base that comes from many different parts of the world. Unfortunately the game is never going to be perfect for everyone.
      Of course it's not going to be perfect for everyone but when you had no problems before the last patch and this starts happening than there is a problem.

Solutions like the one above are designed to help more people try things to get their game to work better. If it works for them, awesome. If it doesn't work for you, then we apologize. But it may not be the fault of us, or the game that you are having problems. Because there seems to be thousands of other people not having these issues either.
      Let me explain how I know it's not my problem. Before the last patch this never happened. After the last this patch this started happening. I have changed no settings on my pc, am not behind a router, had my firewall shut off and still didn't work. I have the same internet provider and the same network settings. You all looking for every reason under the sun to blame it on instead of just saying "There is a problem with the game that is affecting some people" is kind of insulting, especially when we spend money on the game and can't use it now.

We ARE working on these issues, we are monitoring our servers, we are working with the developers to better improve the net code and plenty of other options.
      Exactly who is working on these issues? When I sent a support ticket THEY said there was no problem with the game, that it was my service provider or my network settings. So if support is denying there is a problem how can anybody be working on an imaginary problem?

Greycloak has kindly taken time out of his day to help us help you and we appreciate him for that. If you don't like his efforts than stay away from these threads. Leave these threads to the people who actually want to use his help and his ideas to work in a positive way to improve their gaming experience
      Nobody is knocking Grey but you as an admin in the "Technical Support" section of the forum telling us that if we don't like his help to just stay away isn't good business. Remember you are a business when you offer items for sale (ZP). We are customers when we buy that item (ZP). As a customer we have a right to question things when they aren't working. So now as a customer I am stuck with items (ZP) that I can't use, support that is of no use and denies there is a problem, and an admin that says if we don't like the support to just stay away. All I have to say to that is WOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OrneryGuy69 View Post
        Nobody is knocking Grey but you as an admin in the "Technical Support" section of the forum telling us that if we don't like his help to just stay away isn't good business. Remember you are a business when you offer items for sale (ZP). We are customers when we buy that item (ZP). As a customer we have a right to question things when they aren't working. So now as a customer I am stuck with items (ZP) that I can't use, support that is of no use and denies there is a problem, and an admin that says if we don't like the support to just stay away. All I have to say to that is WOW!!!
        Imho nobody denies there is a problem, Saidin just said, this problem doesnt occure for everyone.. Thats totally true, i dc only on UK clan server when waiting too long, few friends of mine dont dc at all.. => Problem might be somewhere else.. Ok, last patch made your game worse, still, it can be only bad interactions of patched game on the internet (just guessing, ive got a ping issues after one patch [right after patch], and problem WASNT in-game, new settings in system made it right)..
        If this guide isnt working for you, pitty, but there are people, who solved their issue this way, so dont critizise pls, wait for another one or try on your own
        And what more, flaming here wont help, those guys do all they can to make game working, improved and nice
        IGN: Elegnor
        ♫♪ ♫ ..Together we stand, divided we fall... ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Romanoman View Post
          Imho nobody denies there is a problem, Saidin just said, this problem doesnt occure for everyone.. Thats totally true, i dc only on UK clan server when waiting too long, few friends of mine dont dc at all.. => Problem might be somewhere else.. Ok, last patch made your game worse, still, it can be only bad interactions of patched game on the internet (just guessing, ive got a ping issues after one patch [right after patch], and problem WASNT in-game, new settings in system made it right)..
          If this guide isnt working for you, pitty, but there are people, who solved their issue this way, so dont critizise pls, wait for another one or try on your own
          And what more, flaming here wont help, those guys do all they can to make game working, improved and nice
          Since you were so kind to reply to my post let me educate you on what flaming is:
          Flaming (also known as bashing) is hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users.
          My post was neither hostile, insulting, nor bashing. I read the forum rules before I posted and I broke no rules by posting it. Here is the rule they have listed pertaining to flaming:
          Do not Flame each other! Use your manners and common sense. If you disagree with someone, do so gracefully. Additionally do not link to websites such as youfail.org or any other website pertaining to it in identical nature. It will be treated like spam and dealt with accordingly.
          So as you can see I broke no rule because I wasn't flaming, thank you on that point. Well, I was going to make other points but since I don't care about the rest of your post I will just leave it alone.

Comment

So now on a lighter note, do you have anymore ideas on what I might be able to do Grey? I have tried all the stuff you posted and still are getting dc'ed.

Comment

thanks gray and z8 for looking into this .
              but I'm still having a problem

mcafee runs windows firewall on my pc
              so I opened my firewall in mcafee gave crossfire and xtrap full access.
              I also added these ports you listed through mcafee and gave them full access double checked the numbers and saved.
              I use game booster to turn off processes.
              the only start up program I run is mcafee and limited services.
              I've tried uninstall/reinstall, restoring my pc back to factory, I turn off real time scanning and firewall when running cf. none of this made a difference with d/c . but improved game play.
              things that I've noticed:
              1.after uninstall/reinstall the first time I try to run cf i get an error i think its "cv client failed to start" I believe it's the auto patch program . Windows will auto fix this, close cf and tell me to reopen it. this solves the "cv error" but not d/c
              2. clan servers don't give me a problem.
              3. didn't d/c before the escape patch
              4. if I manage to stay connected for 5 min , I don't have a d/c problem until the next start up.

I'm using windows 7
              connected directly to DSL modem
              2010 HP desktop 4g ram , plenty of free memory, all drivers updated ,well maintained
              ping test score was, 55 ping 11.87 in .97 out ingame ping 50-60 very stable

any thoughts or help with this ?
              and thanks again for looking into this problem

Comment

Wait? whats you can complete matches on this game? because after doing all instructions on this one porting both firewall and router I can not complete a single game. This is not my problem it worked fine before escape mode. You must fix this and put in patch or I will not be the only one finding a new fps.

front page:

"[CF]More EXP All weekend!

There's no excuse for not playing Cross Fire! Not even a late patch!"

how do I play crossfire? I repeat HOW DO I PLAY CROSSFIRE?

ok?

I can not play this thing called crossfire because how do I get new weapons with a disconnect screen and a frown.

OK so I tryd all the mirrors any other idea?
                Last edited by xTed3681x; 01-08-10, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Ok i forwarded the ports thro my firewall and router but still i d/c not as much as before but now i'm getting to d/cing like last time. wut should i do i'm running on widows vista....anything?

Comment

Do not know if it's my internet but I'm rarely disconnected!
                    It's true believe me
                    IGN: ]Twiitch
                    Clan: rawwr.
                    The key for awesome is awesome.

Comment

DC? change your netprovider! i works everytime
                      Transilvania clan! We have all......but we want more!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ionutu05 View Post
                        DC? change your netprovider! i works everytime
                        yea , well I can use mediacom ,, or I can use mediacom ,, there is also mediacom available in my area . and for about the same money I could switch to mediacom .
                        sometimes it pays to live in a backwater lol
                        but seriously my internet is very good. I wouldn't change it if I could my ping never goes above 60

Comment

im Trying it........ hopefully i wont DC.. if i dont DC... I will Kiss You GreyCloak
                          IGN= Zapper. KD= 1.76 My Rank=Major

Comment

Still having problems when I have done the solutions Greycloak told me. Guess I have to wait for another solution or wait for patch bug/glitch fixes.
                            Crooked smile we can style on 'em

Comment

Still Not Working

Ive seen this post and ive tried it... hoping it work, but sadly it didnt.

I tried letting every part of crossfire pass my firewall and Kaspersky but no luck!

Thanks for the help anyway though.

Comment

this doesent work.....

Uhh...yea
                                IGN= Zapper. KD= 1.76 My Rank=Major

Comment

Working...
                                X