Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Framerate Drops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [MISCELLANEOUS] Severe Framerate Drops

    When I load up the game and play for a few rounds, the game runs really smoothly at about 200 FPS. After a few rounds however, the FPS begins to drop. It usually goes down to about 50 FPS after maybe 5 rounds or so, and then sometimes it just takes a cliffdive right in the middle of a game, down to about 5-10 FPS, which makes CF literally unplayable. Any idea why this is happening? How can I prevent it from doing this?

    I play CrossFire on a Gigabyte Aero 14 laptop with an i7-6700HQ processor with Intel HD Integrated graphics, a GTX 1060-6GB, 16GB of RAM, and a 1440p screen.

    I feel like the screen resolution may be causing the problem since Crossfire's highest setting only goes up to 1080p, but I'm not sure.

    IGN: Staplerr


  • #2
    1. set vertical refresh on from nvidia drivers:
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread....and-stuttering

    2. set your game rezolution as your desktop:
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread....-game-crashing

    p.s another reason may be a high temperature on your GPU, use a program like speedfan to see your cpu and gpu temp.
    Last edited by TheShadowRo; 12-09-17, 01:01 PM.

    ☠ Kick & Report Hackers!
    ✓ Honorable Player
    ✪ Forum Club Member

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TheShadowRo View Post
      2. set your game rezolution as your desktop:
      http://forum.z8games.com/showthread....-game-crashing

      p.s another reason may be a high temperature on your GPU, use a program like speedfan to see your cpu and gpu temp.

      CrossFire's resolution only goes up to 1080p; my laptop's native resolution is 1440p. Should I just keep CrossFire at 1080p?

      My laptop doesn't run hot when playing CrossFire. I have the CPU undervolted and the fans don't even turn on when playing.

      I also forced on VSync, I'll play a few more rounds tomorrow to see if it really helps. Thanks!
      Last edited by theStapler; 13-09-17, 03:03 AM.

      IGN: Staplerr

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by theStapler View Post
        CrossFire's resolution only goes up to 1080p; my laptop's native resolution is 1440p. Should I just keep CrossFire at 1080p?

        My laptop doesn't run hot when playing CrossFire. I have the CPU undervolted and the fans don't even turn on when playing.

        I also forced on VSync, I'll play a few more rounds tomorrow to see if it really helps. Thanks!
        Yes before start CF just set desktop rez at 1080p then inside game use same 1080p - to avoid a possible error : Can't find legacyshader.fxo / Cross Fire Error, do you want to report ? .

        ☠ Kick & Report Hackers!
        ✓ Honorable Player
        ✪ Forum Club Member

        Comment


        • #5
          Stop double post please any way if you have any problem like errors that move you to the lobby just remove the game and download it again the run it administrator
          KatFish's Familia Team
          ❤KittKat♥

          Comment


          • #6
            I played after doing what you recommended, and it didn't help. The framerate still dropped after a few games.

            Originally posted by TheShadowRo View Post
            Yes before start CF just set desktop rez at 1080p then inside game use same 1080p - to avoid a possible error : Can't find legacyshader.fxo / Cross Fire Error, do you want to report ? .
            But 1080p looks really bad on a native 1440p screen... Also I don't get the legacyshader.fxo error.

            Originally posted by macarona008 View Post
            Stop double post please any way if you have any problem like errors that move you to the lobby just remove the game and download it again the run it administrator
            I'm just trying to get as much help as possible. I am not getting any errors, just framerate drops after playing a few games. This doesn't happen in any other game that I play.

            IGN: Staplerr

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, almost the same thing for me.
              Came back after a 4 week break from CF. Before I was getting stable 200+ FPS and now my FPS are totally unstable and I only get like 60-150.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ioeb10 View Post
                Well, almost the same thing for me.
                Came back after a 4 week break from CF. Before I was getting stable 200+ FPS and now my FPS are totally unstable and I only get like 60-150.
                Yeah exactly. Except mine sometimes drops down to like 10 FPS. I would really appreciate it if someone could figure out the problem.

                IGN: Staplerr

                Comment


                • #9
                  Are you running on a ssd or hard drive ?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mindjacked View Post
                    Are you running on a ssd or hard drive ?
                    I tried both. Both are the same for me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ioeb10 View Post
                      I tried both. Both are the same for me.
                      On my pc right now, I also get some stuttering. This is on a 8350 + 7970. I played on a 1440p screen with no issues, but I played on lowest setting because that's what i am used to. Check background programs and try limiting your fps to your screen's refresh rate. Also make sure your driver's are up to date.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm sure you've done this. but just to make sure. Have you checked to make sure all Drivers are up to date?

                        the only times I get massive FPS drops are when my Nvidia driver needs updated or at least that's been the cause for me in the past. I'd be sitting at a nice ~200 FPS and then my FPS would drop down to like 15 for about 5 seconds and then slowly build back up to 200. then a few minutes later it'd do it again. after I updated my driver and restarted the PC the issue went away. It's came back a few times but it's only been when I've needed to update the driver again.
                        #LaTotoForever
                        Free Zawg!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mindjacked View Post
                          On my pc right now, I also get some stuttering. This is on a 8350 + 7970. I played on a 1440p screen with no issues, but I played on lowest setting because that's what i am used to. Check background programs and try limiting your fps to your screen's refresh rate. Also make sure your driver's are up to date.
                          No background programs running (just the usual stuff), and limiting fps also didn't help. Drivers are up to date.
                          On games like CS:GO i get stable 280-300 fps.
                          Last edited by ioeb10; 17-09-17, 05:50 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mindjacked View Post
                            Are you running on a ssd or hard drive ?
                            I'm running on an SSD.


                            Originally posted by Mindjacked View Post
                            On my pc right now, I also get some stuttering. This is on a 8350 + 7970. I played on a 1440p screen with no issues, but I played on lowest setting because that's what i am used to. Check background programs and try limiting your fps to your screen's refresh rate. Also make sure your driver's are up to date.
                            I don't get stuttering until I play about maybe 5 or so games. That's usually when I notice it because at that point, CF is running at about 50 FPS, down from 200 when playing my first match. No background programs are running, and VSync is turned on from the NVidia Control Panel. NVidia drivers are all up-to-date.


                            Originally posted by Ixith View Post
                            I'm sure you've done this. but just to make sure. Have you checked to make sure all Drivers are up to date?

                            the only times I get massive FPS drops are when my Nvidia driver needs updated or at least that's been the cause for me in the past. I'd be sitting at a nice ~200 FPS and then my FPS would drop down to like 15 for about 5 seconds and then slowly build back up to 200. then a few minutes later it'd do it again. after I updated my driver and restarted the PC the issue went away. It's came back a few times but it's only been when I've needed to update the driver again.
                            Yeah, it's up-to-date.

                            IGN: Staplerr

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I've also contacted CF support about this but they just kinda gave me a generic answer telling me to shut off all background programs, blablabla that didn't help at all.

                              They told me the last resort is to upgrade my hardware but a GTX 1060 is definitely overkill for this game. It's really bothering me right now. I have to shut down CF and restart it to get it back running at a good framerate.

                              IGN: Staplerr

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X