X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DATA COLLECTION] Alt-tab/crash on focus issues

Attention Mercs,

Alt-tabbing giving you a headache? Have you experienced a crash when switching to CrossFire from another program? If so then I would like to hear from you.

If you've been experiencing issues with alt-tabbing or switching to other programs then please respond to this ticket with the following information.
    • CPU:
    • Video Card:
    • RAM:
    • Operating System:
    • When the crash occurred:
    • Where the crash occurred:
    • Does the issue happen every time?
    • If yes to the above, does it also happen on other computers?
    • Crash Dump File*

* Regarding Crash Dump File
    You can locate the dump files in the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Z8Games\CrossFire\Report
    Please make sure that the dump file you supply has the same date as when the crash occurred.

i am faceing crash alot

Comment

Look at the screenshot provided below how it blackens out and then i have tokill the process to stop it and start new game.
      It becomes Not Responding in task manager as in screenshot.

Suggest me pls the issue error corrective measures.

Comment

Crash

Originally posted by [GM]Castiel View Post
        Attention Mercs,

Alt-tabbing giving you a headache? Have you experienced a crash when switching to CrossFire from another program? If so then I would like to hear from you.

If you've been experiencing issues with alt-tabbing or switching to other programs then please respond to this ticket with the following information.
        • CPU:
        • Video Card:
        • RAM:
        • Operating System:
        • When the crash occurred:
        • Where the crash occurred:
        • Does the issue happen every time?
        • If yes to the above, does it also happen on other computers?
        • Crash Dump File*

* Regarding Crash Dump File
        You can locate the dump files in the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Z8Games\CrossFire\Report
        Please make sure that the dump file you supply has the same date as when the crash occurred.

Look at the screenshot provided below how it blackens out and then i have tokill the process to stop it and start new game.
        It becomes Not Responding in task manager as in screenshot.

Suggest me pls the issue error corrective measures.

Comment

Hardware
          CPU Intel i5 760
          4GB RAM DDR3
          Video: GTX 560 , 1GB GDR5 @ 512 bits
          S.O.: dual boot: Windows7 and windows 10 - so CF was tested on both windows on same config

This happend to me 2 weeks ago under windows7 and windows 10 - CF freeze , stop responding or just exit when i try ALT+TAB
          (usefull to work on TS3 - sw channels or move players)

My personal fix found for windows7 and windows 10:
          Right click on CF shortcut, choose compatibility mode - select windows 7 (even you are under win7 ! ) , also on bottom check box for option : Run this program as adminitrator

Now is alt-tab work right under windows7, still under windows 10 desktop remains on 800x600 sometimes as long CF is running, but no more crash or freeze

☠ Kick & Report Hackers!
          ✓ Honorable Player
          ✪ Forum Club Member

Comment

Its not that it crashes for me, its just that whenever I ALT+TAB sometimes my game screen just turns black and all I can see is the game HUD and the char weapons / hands. Whenever that happens, I need to use a weapon with a zoom otion ( DE Scope, snipers, etc)
            Retired

Comment

i updeted to win 10 from win and games crash every mins of login into a play .. this is ridiculous

Comment

i have a problem,please help.I changed my windows and the game says corrupted client file.i downladed the game 2 times and its the same.what can i do?
                IGN: BucuR*85

Comment

• CPU: I5-6600
                  • Video Card: Asus R9 380 Strix
                  • RAM: 8GB
                  • Operating System: Windows 10 Home
                  • When the crash occurred: Randomly crashes ingame
                  • Where the crash occurred: Anywhere
                  • Does the issue happen every time? Yes
                  • If yes to the above, does it also happen on other computers? Not on my old one
                  • Crash Dump File*

Please make sure that the dump file you supply has the same date as when the crash occurred.[/QUOTE]
                  IGN:cheL
                  Team: lft
                  Honorable Soldier ✓

Comment

happens to me too....

Comment

Crash details:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4200U
                      Video Card: Built-in
                      RAM: 8 GB
                      Operating System: Windows 10 Home
                      When the crash occurred: Every time exiting the game through in-game Exit menu button
                      Where the crash occurred: in-game
                      Does the issue happen every time? When the game first run and exit no crash, but after 2nd and multiple exits it occurs.
                      If yes to the above, does it also happen on other computers? I don't have any PC than the one I am currently using.

Comment

Originally posted by vizee21 View Post
                        i updeted to win 10 from win and games crash every mins of login into a play .. this is ridiculous
                        Exactly this. i had like yesterday started around 40 games and i ended around 2 games. i had 32 times that cf shut itself down and 4 times that i got a disconnection.

When are you guys for once making the servers and the game better?

Because of the lack of a good server people gonna stop this game and then you guys will lose money...

Comment

I can't even alt-tab anymore. Windows 10 64 bit. Latests updates.
                          IGN: hoov
                          Check out my profile: http://crossfire.z8games.com/profile/22889969

✓ Honorable Soldier ✓

Comment

CPU: Intel core i7Video Card: Geforce 745m
                            RAM: 8Gb
                            Operating System: Windows 10 (I use the windows 8 compatibility settings on CF and it helps with the crashes)
                            When the crash occurred: Haven't had one since I switched back to Windows 8 on CF
                            Where the crash occurred: ?
                            Does the issue happen every time? It doesn't happen every time, but frequently enough that I stopped trying to Alt-Tab
                            If yes to the above, does it also happen on other computers? Not sure, haven't tried any other computers.
                            Last edited by iAnarchy; 19-06-17, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Some computers just can’t alt/tab out of crossfire. A different way of alt/tabbing is just having a new window you can go to while playing crossfire.

Comment

Working...
                              X