Sup Fam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pyrex00 View Post
    Let's not derail the great Sardine's thread but he forgot his account username and pass so he logged in on mine and decided to be stupid

I have since then changed my username and pass though
    Yes, changing the password is a good idea to prevent account sharing. You now get my point don't you...
    You suck. The End.

Comment

Originally posted by Danah View Post
      Yes, changing the password is a good idea to prevent account sharing. You now get my point don't you...
      Wise words from the dan
      #Kings

Comment

Originally posted by 311Saiden View Post
        I'd expect this answer from you!

But to prove you wrong, you last updated your facebook profile picture on Dec 8th, 2016.
        Really?She has Gm's in her facebook account?

@Kanadian where are you??and after this you tell "Danah doesn't get any special treatment"??

Comment

Originally posted by makoreahi View Post

@Kanadian where are you??and after this you tell "Danah doesn't get any special treatment"??
          Darling, Saidin is no longer a Game Master, he quit years ago. I don't get any special treatment. But feel free to report this.
          Last edited by Danah; 26-08-17, 09:21 AM.
          You suck. The End.

Comment

Originally posted by makoreahi View Post

Danah is my city
            Last edited by Pyrex00; 26-08-17, 10:33 AM.
            #Kings

Comment

Danah is my city
              To your previous, unedited post - Yes, I do spend a lot of money on this game. Now what are you trying to say? Does that mean I automatically get special treatment?
              You suck. The End.

Comment

Yes, I do spend a lot of money on this game.
                Danah is my city
                Last edited by Pyrex00; 26-08-17, 11:14 AM.
                #Kings

Comment

I know this is the off-topic section, but can you guys stop derailing this thread?

P.S. I'm posing it as a question, but here's a hint: it's not really a question :P
                  ╔═.. ═════════════════════════╗
                  weiwei.
                  ╚══════.. ════════════════════╝

Real Men Wear Pink Weapon List

Comment

as things progress we were both shown the door
                    I would really like to know why such thing happened. You clearly did a tremendous job while working for smilegate.
                    #Kings

Comment

I never really get the time but I thought i'd drop by today. Give or take i am a few days late and you won't see this but... Hello from the other side.
                      Last edited by WARHAWK; 27-08-17, 01:42 PM.
                      Farming: "Event rules didn't change, these are the game rules." - [GM]Grumpy

Comment

Darling, Saidin is no longer a Game Master, he quit years ago. I don't get any special treatment. But feel free to report this.
                        Quit isn't necessarily the right word there.

It was a great opportunity for me though as I moved to a new company and face new challenges.

And to makoreahi, I no longer am a GM. I can make friends with whomever I want. I have most of the old mods and a few old school players as well. At one point I still had most of the CFStars Team we sent from Canada in my phone. They're all good people.

Comment

I would really like to know why such thing happened. You clearly did a tremendous job while working for smilegate.
                          Tremendous is in the eye of the beholder unfortunately. Back then the cultural divide between a developer in Asia and a publisher in North America was a challenge. Games were not global back then. This was before League of Legends, or Dota2 or Overwatch. There was very strict rules which we often broke because we thought it was good for the game. Obviously we built up a successful title and Smilegate was quite happy for that, but changing things meant we were taking away innovation from the developer. This made all of our communications difficult and took a lot of time to mend. And ultimately the game is better for that, the things that I see in the game now are clearly a direct result of developers looking at a global audience and not just specific for the Asian market.

And a lot of that stuff was just starting to change from Smilegate as I was left. I would have very much liked to have seen those updates and have the communication and working relationship that the current team no doubt has.

None of this is to suggest that was the reason I was let go. I was let go due to an entirely different project, one that was mismanaged but nevertheless that's what happened.

Ultimately 5 years on a project is a long time. Especially live operations. The daily routine is very much that, routine. I was able to show the GM staff like Juicebox the importance of community, and engagement and events and sales and all that good stuff we learned. And I'm happy to see the game is still around. As much as it would be fun to return to this world, I'm glad I'm able to move on though.

I'm currently a senior producer, a title I would have never been able to achieve at Smilegate West. And I lead a team of nearly 20 people on some older Facebook games, which doesn't sound glamorous, but our company is on the leading edge of instant games and html5 work. And while my specific job is to maintain our Facebook IPs, our company as a whole are doing cutting edge things and I get to work with and talk to people who are much smarter than all of us on a daily basis. It's inspiring and challenging and I get to live a more comfortable life.

I've been able to take the knowledge I learned working on CrossFire for community engagement, monetization, and retention and grow that knowledge way beyond what I would have been if I had been at SGW for 8 years. And hopefully my current learning will move me even further to new games or new companies. Never stop growing! Don't take habit and routine lightly. 5 years is a long time, and moving on should always be on everyone's mind!

Comment

Originally posted by WARHAWK View Post
                            I never really get the time but I thought i'd drop by today. Give or take i am a few days late and you won't see this but... Hello from the other side.
                            Are you still causing as much **** as you used too? :P

Comment

Are you still causing as much **** as you used too? :P
                              Haha. No, haven't played the game in ages. Can't remember the last time I even used a computer for games. Stuck in adult world my friend and I have been bitten by age.

Glad to catch you around, saladin. Keep up the good work.
                              Last edited by WARHAWK; 28-08-17, 03:49 PM.
                              Farming: "Event rules didn't change, these are the game rules." - [GM]Grumpy

Comment

How's yoville going in the new company? Lol. That game and Restaurant City were my 2 fav games on fb. Sadly restaurant city closed its doors.
                                #Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X