This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Creative_S View Post
    I definitely agree with this, how are they the "top performing teams" when their matches got forefitted? Also didn't you say they would be chosen at random? And wouldn't another top performing team be men-in-red? I'm sure if this was any other team they would've instantly been removed from the tournament. How is this fair to any of the teams that followed the rules and lost?
    Got something against get Brikt and carbw0w?

Comment

Originally posted by GankStars View Post
      Got something against get Brikt and carbw0w?
      ??????? Irrelevant.

My point is, they used illegal weapons, had their matches forefitted, gms say "wildcards will be random" and give both teams that didn't follow the rules the wildcards? LOL, is this a joke?
      imtunechi

Comment

Originally posted by Creative_S View Post
        ??????? Irrelevant.

My point is, they used illegal weapons, had their matches forefitted, gms say "wildcards will be random" and give both teams that didn't follow the rules the wildcards? LOL, is this a joke?
        I think its just a weird situation because they won their matches, but then because of one or more illegal weapon forfeited. Both teams probably got the wildcards because how can you compete when it comes to top performance against two teams who preformed well enough to win their matches but are in the running for the wildcard because of a technicality.

Comment

I think this is a different conversation, WeiWei, so I'm going to wei(gh) in.

Originally posted by iAnarchy View Post
          I think its just a weird situation because they won their matches, but then because of one or more illegal weapon forfeited. Both teams probably got the wildcards because how can you compete when it comes to top performance against two teams who preformed well enough to win their matches but are in the running for the wildcard because of a technicality.
          Conversations like this are why I love seeing the GMs as active participants in the community. While it's impossible to make everyone happy, the steps the GMs have taken toward being more actively engaged help provide insight and clarity. I'm fairly confident my team broke no rules, but GM engagement makes it so that the entire community is on the same page and can work toward having smooth competitions.

For the record, I actually agree with Tunechi here in part. If a team broke a rule, they have to suffer penalties. However, I think the GMs should more actively use discretion (i.e. Serenity in CFCL being DQ'd for muzzle flame seems extreme) when leveling out punishments. It's hard though, because any time they deviate even slightly from someone's interpretation of the rules, pitchforks and cries of "bias" are raised.

I do think the "stop the match and immediately report both to the other team and the GMs the issue at hand" is honestly the best possible way to resolve this, given every match now has staff on hand.

I'd love to hear some GM perspective on this matter
          "If you weren't cheating, then you were 10x better than fam0us ever was."
          "It's actually unfair how good you are at this game."

I'm x0tek

Comment

Originally posted by EX0T1C View Post
            I think this is a different conversation, WeiWei, so I'm going to wei(gh) in.

Conversations like this are why I love seeing the GMs as active participants in the community. While it's impossible to make everyone happy, the steps the GMs have taken toward being more actively engaged help provide insight and clarity. I'm fairly confident my team broke no rules, but GM engagement makes it so that the entire community is on the same page and can work toward having smooth competitions.

For the record, I actually agree with Tunechi here in part. If a team broke a rule, they have to suffer penalties. However, I think the GMs should more actively use discretion (i.e. Serenity in CFCL being DQ'd for muzzle flame seems extreme) when leveling out punishments. It's hard though, because any time they deviate even slightly from someone's interpretation of the rules, pitchforks and cries of "bias" are raised.

I do think the "stop the match and immediately report both to the other team and the GMs the issue at hand" is honestly the best possible way to resolve this, given every match now has staff on hand.

I'd love to hear some GM perspective on this matter
            How dare you pun weewees name, only I have the authority to grant you such an ability. Further puns about wee will be punished.

Comment

I'm fairly confused. What weapons did we use that were DQ worthy? We literally checked with you the day before.
              Originally posted by Daniel_25 View Post
              [GM]Kanadian didn't you say you would choose the 2 wild cards at random among the teams that lose? I see you change the rules on the spot for some teams and not others.
              For these two I made mistakes, and for that I apologize. It happens and I am open enough to admit it. This is why everyone should always refer to the rules page. Think of it as the owners manual for your new CFS Machine.

Originally posted by FRANTTT View Post
              how can a team that's been disqualified still get re-invited to the tournament....
              They weren't disqualified, they forfeited their matches and took an L.

For ease, here is the official CFS 2016 weapons website: http://www.crossfirestars.com/en/lea...=01&detail=005

We just would really like an official response as to WHICH guns are allowed, since none of them say "CFS 2016"
              For ease of explanation, I've screenshotted the M4 and M60 from this set. These are the ones given to all users who registered for CFS NA:

https://i.imgur.com/7ySPUY0.jpg / https://i.imgur.com/E2yXzaj.jpg

​Sig By [GM]Cinder

Comment

So what your saying is we can use the red marked CFS guns and the Balanced Guns yes?
                EGL - Head Admin | Crossfire Evolution Gaming League
                EGL's TeamSpeak : Address: 54.37.211.190:8336

Comment

Originally posted by Michaelxv205 View Post
                  So what your saying is we can use the red marked CFS guns and the Balanced Guns yes?
                  Yep, he is.

Thanks for clarifying Kanadian!
                  "If you weren't cheating, then you were 10x better than fam0us ever was."
                  "It's actually unfair how good you are at this game."

I'm x0tek

Comment

hmu with more nades/pistols bb <3 i use more than 2 bags
                    Last edited by Michaelxv205; 20-09-17, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michaelxv205 View Post
                      Its more of an orange than a red. The logos in the images you see above, I mean. Its not a red marked gun.

​Sig By [GM]Cinder

Comment

• Originally posted by [GM]Kanadian View Post
                        For these two I made mistakes, and for that I apologize. It happens and I am open enough to admit it. This is why everyone should always refer to the rules page. Think of it as the owners manual for your new CFS Machine.

I truly think we should take the time and be thankful for a GM Like Kanadian, in my 8+ years of playing not once have I seen a GM or Mod apologize! Especially openly, and on the forums! I just want to say on behalf of the community we appreciate that man. We know people are humans and mistakes happens all we want are those people in power to act like it. And you just broke the mold my man!

Thank you!
                        Last edited by Poppyseed187; 20-09-17, 12:49 PM.
                        Jeden is back to be Number One.

Comment

• Sooooo nades plox <3

Comment

• So if anyone still has no clue what the CFS 2016 weapons are then have a look below. Please note that you can't see the CFS 2016 logo on the MP5 and P90 because they are located at the back of the gun. If anyone has further questions, feel free to ask.

AK47
                            M4A1
                            SG552
                            Steyr AUG A1
                            AWM
                            MP5
                            P90
                            M60
                            XM1014
                            Colt 1911
                            Desert Eagle
                            Axe
                            Knife
                            Grenade
                            Flash
                            Smoke

"I am one with the force and the force is with me."

CFNA MOD / CF Wikia Admin / CF Legends MOD / CF Legends Wikia Admin

Comment

• So what is the outcome with the randomized wildcard teams then?....
                              "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - KD

i am the Me and the We.

Comment

• Since we are given 2 sets of cf balanced weapons, does this mean we can only have 2 bags? The cfs rules states that you can have up to 4 bags but you can only use cfs issue weapons. Therefore the only way we can have up to 4 bags is if the GMs gave us another 2 sets of cfs / balanced weapons (grenades and desert eagles mostly) OR were allowed to use 2 sets of regular grenades and desert eagle?

Comment

Working...
                                X